• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

In general maybe. Although I think their are more APs and guests into DL nostalgia (when at DLR) than their are people who prioritize alcohol.
I don't doubt that. However given that I see the alcohol lines longer a lot of times than the churro lines, I wonder sometimes.....

SuddenStorm

Advertisement
I don't doubt that. However given that I see the alcohol lines longer a lot of times than the churro lines, I wonder sometimes.....
To be fair, there are fewer places to get alcohol then churros... There could be less demand, but longer lines.

SuddenStorm

To be fair, I think a lot in the fandom like to down play the draw of alcohol for fear of it expanding to all locations at DL.
There's definitely a draw. A big one. This is well documented. That wasn't the point of my post, just saying line length isn't always indicative of overall demand.

BubbaisWoke

I try to have DCA nostalgia but it is hard when the park changes almost all of their original attractions. Luckily Grizzly Rapids is still great. I enjoyed having Soaring Over California back for the last few months. Screaming and Tower are ruined forever though.
It crazy how many things have changed in DCA. On my last visit, I had a deeper appreciation for the Pacific Wharf area & how gorgeous it is. Great area to eat in! Years ago I would have felt this area is completely useless. Hopefully Grizzly Peak stays the same as it's a very well-done area as well.

Darkbeer1

Currently debating if sitting here at the council meeting during public comments or being in a Hospital Room is better (worse)....

I guess not being hooked up to an IV is a positive, or thinking that adding happy juice to that IV would be a good thing right now....

Can't wait until we debate whether to return to our historic city flag or keep the new one.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I wonder how much busier DL would be had they built the new Fantasy Springs Land they re building at TDS. Not only would it have fit better with DL but it targets the DL demographic much better.

nesboy43

It crazy how many things have changed in DCA. On my last visit, I had a deeper appreciation for the Pacific Wharf area & how gorgeous it is. Great area to eat in! Years ago I would have felt this area is completely useless. Hopefully Grizzly Peak stays the same as it's a very well-done area as well.
I completely agree. It is strange how some of the best things in that park are what was originally there, such as the Wharf and Grizzly Peak. Hollywood Land is still just as bad though.

Phrubruh

Currently debating if sitting here at the council meeting during public comments or being in a Hospital Room is better (worse)....

I guess not being hooked up to an IV is a positive, or thinking that adding happy juice to that IV would be a good thing right now....

Can't wait until we debate whether to return to our historic city flag or keep the new one.
Your tax dollars at work.

Rich T

Maybe when it was the whole parade and had its original soundtrack. It’s a sad joke now. Let it rest in a museum.
No!!! Update it with fresh floats, new tech and a revamped-but-still-recognizable soundtrack (like they did in Tokyo). Let it continue to charm new generations for decades to come! If it ain't broke... Wait.... If it's a timeless classic that's slightly broke, then fix it! :)

Disney Irish

No!!! Update it with fresh floats, new tech and a revamped-but-still-recognizable soundtrack (like they did in Tokyo). Let it continue to charm new generations for decades to come! If it ain't broke... Wait.... If it's a timeless classic that's slightly broke, then fix it! :)
They did that, its called Paint The Night. Some of you just don't like the floats or soundtrack....

Rich T

They did that, its called Paint The Night. Some of you just don't like the floats or soundtrack....
Paint the Night didn't keep close enough to its roots. The Baroque Hoedown has to run throughout the show in some kind of recognizable adaptation, or it's not the MSEP. I like Paint the Night, but it doesn't have any depth and is a bit short on charm. And, I've tried, really I have, but I just can't suspend my disbelief for that Tinkerbell-on-a-stick. It. Just. Doesn't. Work. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom