• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

George Lucas on a Bench

Since reactivating social media, it's clear to me that it's impossible to partake in theme parkian discussion on those sites. There are lots of informative posts about things, but once you click the comments section, all you see is this swill:

"We were there last week."
"We'll be there tomorrow."
"That's my daughter's favorite."
"We're going in June."
"Good thing we're going next month."
"There right now."
"We'll be there in a month."
"We were there last week."
"I was there last month. I'm back again."
"My daughter's favorite!"
"Be there in a week."
"Counting down to my trip in December."
"My daughter's favorite!!"

Darkbeer1

Back at the OC Fairgrounds and the Pacific Amphitheatre for Hail to the Heroes. So far, awesome. Too bad they don't do events like this at the DLR.

Lee Greenwood flew out from Arkansas to perform tonight. Gary Sinese appeared on Video. Now a former Air Force Conductor came onto the stage to use the baton again. Looking great for being 94. Just a great night.

I remember when Disneyland pushed Patriotic events....

Darkbeer1

So Lee Greenwood was talking between songs...

Born in Los Angeles

Around 10, moved to Anaheim to live with Mom, went to Anaheim High,

Was a Cast Member in 1955, playing saxophone in a couple of different bands.

Really glad we got to attend both concerts this weekend.

Sigh, back to politics this week. Friday is Lunch with Josh.....

Phrubruh

These lighter crowds have me thinking that I’ve only been an AP through probably the worst time ever to be an AP. 2013 through now. Is this what it used to be like?
It was better from 1996-2010. Sure we had to deal with Paul and Cynthia but at least DCA was a ghost town.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Very true. They said DCA was Disney's gift to humanity and the place would be packed for years. Everyone stayed away and dwindled in to peek and still stayed away.
They were really cocky. I think I could count on one hand or maybe two fingers how many commercials I’ve seen for Galaxies Edge.

Why the heck would my cousins be more interested in spending the majority of the day at DCA to go on rides they ve already been on like GOTG:MB, Incredicoaster and GRR? Shouldn’t the new billion dollar land and ride be the first thing they want to see? There is no buzz.

Disney Irish

They were really cocky. I think I could count on one hand or maybe two fingers how many commercials I’ve seen for Galaxies Edge.

Why the heck would my cousins be more interested in spending the majority of the day at DCA to go on rides they ve already been on like GOTG:MB, Incredicoaster and GRR? Shouldn’t the new billion dollar land and ride be the first thing they want to see? There is no buzz.
Didn't you say your cousins were in their early 20s? Could it be they like DCA because they offer alcohol around every corner?

So really there is a "buzz" its just a different kind....

mickEblu

Original Poster
Didn't you say your cousins were in their early 20s? Could it be they like DCA because they offer alcohol around every corner?

So really there is a "buzz" its just a different kind....
Haha. No they didn’t have one Alcoholic beverage while we were there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Fair enough. But I can see how DCA would be a bigger draw for someone in their early 20s over DL even when a new land is opened.
In general maybe. Although I think their are more APs and guests into DL nostalgia (when at DLR) than their are people who prioritize alcohol.

Top Bottom