The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They were really cocky. I think I could count on one hand or maybe two fingers how many commercials I’ve seen for Galaxies Edge.

Why the heck would my cousins be more interested in spending the majority of the day at DCA to go on rides they ve already been on like GOTG:MB, Incredicoaster and GRR? Shouldn’t the new billion dollar land and ride be the first thing they want to see? There is no buzz.
Didn't you say your cousins were in their early 20s? Could it be they like DCA because they offer alcohol around every corner?

So really there is a "buzz" its just a different kind....

mickEblu

Original Poster
Didn't you say your cousins were in their early 20s? Could it be they like DCA because they offer alcohol around every corner?

So really there is a "buzz" its just a different kind....

Haha. No they didn’t have one Alcoholic beverage while we were there.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Fair enough. But I can see how DCA would be a bigger draw for someone in their early 20s over DL even when a new land is opened.

In general maybe. Although I think their are more APs and guests into DL nostalgia (when at DLR) than their are people who prioritize alcohol.

SuddenStorm

To be fair, I think a lot in the fandom like to down play the draw of alcohol for fear of it expanding to all locations at DL.

There's definitely a draw. A big one. This is well documented. That wasn't the point of my post, just saying line length isn't always indicative of overall demand.

BubbaisSleep

I try to have DCA nostalgia but it is hard when the park changes almost all of their original attractions. Luckily Grizzly Rapids is still great. I enjoyed having Soaring Over California back for the last few months. Screaming and Tower are ruined forever though.
It crazy how many things have changed in DCA. On my last visit, I had a deeper appreciation for the Pacific Wharf area & how gorgeous it is. Great area to eat in! Years ago I would have felt this area is completely useless. Hopefully Grizzly Peak stays the same as it's a very well-done area as well.

Darkbeer1

Currently debating if sitting here at the council meeting during public comments or being in a Hospital Room is better (worse)....

I guess not being hooked up to an IV is a positive, or thinking that adding happy juice to that IV would be a good thing right now....

Can't wait until we debate whether to return to our historic city flag or keep the new one.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I wonder how much busier DL would be had they built the new Fantasy Springs Land they re building at TDS. Not only would it have fit better with DL but it targets the DL demographic much better.

Phroobar

Currently debating if sitting here at the council meeting during public comments or being in a Hospital Room is better (worse)....

I guess not being hooked up to an IV is a positive, or thinking that adding happy juice to that IV would be a good thing right now....

Can't wait until we debate whether to return to our historic city flag or keep the new one.
Your tax dollars at work.

Rich T

Maybe when it was the whole parade and had its original soundtrack. It’s a sad joke now. Let it rest in a museum.
No!!! Update it with fresh floats, new tech and a revamped-but-still-recognizable soundtrack (like they did in Tokyo). Let it continue to charm new generations for decades to come! If it ain't broke... Wait.... If it's a timeless classic that's slightly broke, then fix it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom