The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

Well, sitting here waiting for things to blow up at the Pacific Symphony Amphitheater.

Beats the Hospital any day.

All they really did was run blood tests and give me IV fluids. Co pay was just $50, and I got two meals and a nice view from the 6th floor window.

Spent more today at the OC Marketplace, Fashion Island and the Symphony Shop.

Darkbeer1

Listening to the Pacific Symphony and watching Ballet Dancers, and in the background behind me you can hear the Disneyland Fireworks miles away.... The wind and atmospheric condition must be good for carrying sound. Still waiting for ours. Cannons and Fireworks....

Edited to add, just checked the mileage. About 10 miles in a almost perfect North-South Direction

George Lucas on a Bench

Since reactivating social media, it's clear to me that it's impossible to partake in theme parkian discussion on those sites. There are lots of informative posts about things, but once you click the comments section, all you see is this swill:

"We were there last week."
"We'll be there tomorrow."
"That's my daughter's favorite."
"We're going in June."
"Good thing we're going next month."
"There right now."
"We'll be there in a month."
"We were there last week."
"I was there last month. I'm back again."
"My daughter's favorite!"
"Be there in a week."
"Counting down to my trip in December."
"My daughter's favorite!!"

Darkbeer1

Back at the OC Fairgrounds and the Pacific Amphitheatre for Hail to the Heroes. So far, awesome. Too bad they don't do events like this at the DLR.

Lee Greenwood flew out from Arkansas to perform tonight. Gary Sinese appeared on Video. Now a former Air Force Conductor came onto the stage to use the baton again. Looking great for being 94. Just a great night.

I remember when Disneyland pushed Patriotic events....

Darkbeer1

So Lee Greenwood was talking between songs...

Born in Los Angeles

Around 10, moved to Anaheim to live with Mom, went to Anaheim High,

Was a Cast Member in 1955, playing saxophone in a couple of different bands.

Really glad we got to attend both concerts this weekend.

Sigh, back to politics this week. Friday is Lunch with Josh.....

Phroobar

These lighter crowds have me thinking that I’ve only been an AP through probably the worst time ever to be an AP. 2013 through now. Is this what it used to be like?
It was better from 1996-2010. Sure we had to deal with Paul and Cynthia but at least DCA was a ghost town.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Very true. They said DCA was Disney's gift to humanity and the place would be packed for years. Everyone stayed away and dwindled in to peek and still stayed away.

They were really cocky. I think I could count on one hand or maybe two fingers how many commercials I’ve seen for Galaxies Edge.

Why the heck would my cousins be more interested in spending the majority of the day at DCA to go on rides they ve already been on like GOTG:MB, Incredicoaster and GRR? Shouldn’t the new billion dollar land and ride be the first thing they want to see? There is no buzz.

Rich T

...There is no buzz.
Nobuzz.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom