The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Yesterday was the slowest day I've ever seen at Disneyland. Every ride was basically walk on, all day. Longest I saw Pan was 20 minutes. Space was 10 most of the day. Touring Plans reports it as a 1/10 for crowds.

Was kind of surreal to be honest. Instead of rushing around, we spent like 2 hours on Main Street eating, browsing, and just enjoying an empty Disneyland.

Today's looking like it's just as slow, so I guess I know what I'm doing today...

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yesterday was the slowest day I've ever seen at Disneyland. Every ride was basically walk on, all day. Longest I saw Pan was 20 minutes. Space was 10 most of the day. Touring Plans reports it as a 1/10 for crowds.

Was kind of surreal to be honest. Instead of rushing around, we spent like 2 hours on Main Street eating, browsing, and just enjoying an empty Disneyland.

Today's looking like it's just as slow, so I guess I know what I'm doing today...

Lucky. Just how close do you live to DL?

mickEblu

Original Poster
When I use an acronym like ROTR or IASW or read an acronym in another’s post, in my mind I’m sometimes saying it as a word like ROTOR for ROTR and sometimes spelling it out like I-A-S-W for IASW but never am I translating it to the actual name of the attraction as I’m reading it even though my brain recognizes it as said attraction. I guess that’s kind of the point of using the acronym right? Is this how it is for most people? Does anyone actually translate the acronym into the full name of the attraction as they are reading?

Last edited:

ddbowdoin

I haven’t had sugar in a year... my wife wanted these, they’ve been calling my name from the freezer for a few nights now. I’ve avoided the temptation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When I use an acronym like ROTR or IASW or read an acronym in another’s post, in my mind I’m sometimes saying it as a word like ROTOR for ROTR and sometimes spelling it out like I-A-S-W for IASW but never am I translating it to the actual name of the attraction as I’m reading it even though my brain recognizes it as said attraction. I guess that’s kind of the point of using the acronym right? Is this how it is for most people? Does anyone actually translate the acronym into the full name of the attraction as they are reading?
I do, I translate out the full name in my head when I'm reading....

TROR

Some I do, some I don't. If there's a pattern, I don't know it.

ParkPeeker

I translate it as I'm reading, because those are not common enough acronyms and spelling it out sounds weird to me, and sounding it out even weirder. Now far more common acronyms like lol or af, I read lawl/el oh el and aff/ ay eff. These pronunciations are commonly said aloud in public so it doesn't sound weird in my head.

I still find the acronyms useful (when I understand them). Visually it's easier on the eyes having one block of space representing a ride rather than a whole phrase. Rise of the resistance looks like text without paragraphs, ROTR looks like text with paragraphs. It's also more organized and you know it's one thing, almost like putting quotes on a phrase to show that the words are one thing. And you can type it faster.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom