The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

socalifornian

Disney heir calls on company to give 50% of exec bonuses to lowest-paid employees

Just days after calling the pay of Disney's top brass "insane," the granddaughter of company co-founder Roy Disney wrote an opinion piece in the Washington Post, in which she acknowledged she "struck a nerve with a Twitter thread about wage inequality at the Walt Disney Co."

"I believe that Disney could well lead the way, if its leaders so chose, to a more decent, humane way of doing business," she wrote in a piece published Tuesday.

She proposes the company put aside half of the bonuses its executives earn, distributing that to the bottom 10% of Disney's (DIS) 200,000 employees.

Darkbeer1

Disney heir calls on company to give 50% of exec bonuses to lowest-paid employees

Just days after calling the pay of Disney's top brass "insane," the granddaughter of company co-founder Roy Disney wrote an opinion piece in the Washington Post, in which she acknowledged she "struck a nerve with a Twitter thread about wage inequality at the Walt Disney Co."

"I believe that Disney could well lead the way, if its leaders so chose, to a more decent, humane way of doing business," she wrote in a piece published Tuesday.

She proposes the company put aside half of the bonuses its executives earn, distributing that to the bottom 10% of Disney's (DIS) 200,000 employees.
I am not responding to this. The Politics section of this board has a thread for this discussion.

(Waving Hi to The Mom)

shortstop

I had an awful dream where I had to convince a group of people that putting a Zootopia-themed Splash Mountain clone directly behind Splash Mountain was a terrible idea.

Rich T

I had an awful dream where I had to convince a group of people that putting a Zootopia-themed Splash Mountain clone directly behind Splash Mountain was a terrible idea.
No, no. Splash Mountain *itself* should be re-themed to "Zootopia Presents Judy and Nick's Backwoods Swamp Stakeout Adventure. With Water. Presented by Apple." I'm all for that, 100%. :D

Phroobar

Like we need this scene replacing the ending riverboat scene.

98c80cc143b01cdff936ec18e4a2a5ba.480x270x7.gif

Disney management: "Try Everything....as long as it's cheap."

Rich T

Like we need this scene replacing the ending riverboat scene.

98c80cc143b01cdff936ec18e4a2a5ba.480x270x7.gif

Disney management: "Try Everything....as long as it's cheap."
Come on, that scene is freaking hilarious. Y'know...the movie even has a moment where Nick and Judy plummet into a lake to escape the sanitarium... I say, "Yeah! Let's do this!" :D
ZOOPLUMMET1.jpg
Zooplummet2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom