The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think saying it’s “common” is a stretch.
It depends on your definition of "common". If I showed 100+ buildings that all have futuristic looks, you could say its not enough to be "common"

So lets just say that outside the US is more well known for developments that aren't the standard rectangular style used here.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It depends on your definition of "common". If I showed 100+ buildings that all have futuristic looks, you could say its not enough to be "common"

So lets just say that outside the US is more well known for developments that aren't the standard rectangular style used here.

Not necessarily. Not if those 100 buildings are all randomly placed at different parts of the world.

Darkbeer1

Yeah I’m sure they’re completely thinking of dropping the Tomorrowland theme. Maybe it’ll be a Star Wars or Marvel land... heck, maybe they can even make it steampunk!

Six-Flags-Magic-Mountain-Unveils-Twisted-Colossus-At-Media-Day-2.jpg

SuddenStorm

Not sure if you watched the video, but the very next thing said in the video after "guy spotted on PM tracks" was that "guy spotted on PM tracks recommended Tomorrowland be demo'd."

Demolishing a land is different than ditching the theme of the land which is what Irish alluded too. Either way, rumors of a Tomorrowland rebuild/Peoplemover return have been circulating for a good decade now.

I have no doubt that Disney will do something big with TL before 2030... but the idea of dropping the Tomorrowland "theme" altogether is a bit outlandish. It's far more likely they'll reinterpret the theme, expand the theme and rebuild major chunks of the land.

But this isn’t the same guy that told you that MMRR was going in the Backlot like a week ago is it? No offense, I enjoy your videos but I wouldn’t trust that source anymore. There were so many signs pointing to it going in Toontown that I was really surprised when I watched your vlog and saw that you believed that person.

No, not the same guy. I get input from lots of people of varying degrees of...insiderness.

That wasn't so much a source, as just a rumor. That video was me speculating about it. Almost everything said, other than the rumor that they may have changed their mind about ToonTown (which was something I had heard maybe 6 months ago), was saying what is therefore logical. What is therefore possible. I had never reported the ToonTown rumor before this because I too did not believe it.

In this case, the rumor isn't that someone was spotted on the PM tracks. It's that the person who was spotted on the PM said it should be demo'd. And that it was the second time I'd heard that. AND THEN I said I didn't think it would be. That's a crazy think to ask.

And thank you for watching :)

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
No, not the same guy. I get input from lots of people of varying degrees of...insiderness.

That wasn't so much a source, as just a rumor. That video was me speculating about it. Almost everything said, other than the rumor that they may have changed their mind about ToonTown (which was something I had heard maybe 6 months ago), was saying what is therefore logical. What is therefore possible. I had never reported the ToonTown rumor before this because I too did not believe it.

In this case, the rumor isn't that someone was spotted on the PM tracks. It's that the person who was spotted on the PM said it should be demo'd. And that it was the second time I'd heard that. AND THEN I said I didn't think it would be. That's a crazy think to ask.

And thank you for watching :)

Of course, I’ve been really enjoying the vlogs lately. I’ve been subscribed for a couple years or so but didn’t really start watching with any consistency until a certain co host disappeared. I think your format has also gotten better and you just seem happier and in your element (might have something to do with your wife 😉) Anyway, it’s not your fault if a so called insider was off. I’m just saying you could probably write that person off because even me with absolutely no insider contacts ( well except some of the lovely people on this site) could read the tea leaves and see that MMRR ( why do we not include the A for And in this acronym?) was coming to Toontown.

Of course, I’ve been really enjoying the vlogs lately. I’ve been subscribed for a couple years or so but didn’t really start watching with any consistency until a certain co host disappeared. I think your format has also gotten better and you just seem happier and in your element (might have something to do with your wife 😉) Anyway, it’s not your fault if a so called insider was off. I’m just saying you could probably write that person off because even me with absolutely no insider contacts ( well except some of the lovely people on this site) could read the tea leaves and see that MMRR ( why do we not include the A for And in this acronym?) was coming to Toontown.

Thank you again. 100% my wife makes me happier today than I've ever been.

How about a little a? MaMRR?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, I don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Pizza Planet’s facade is getting a refurb. Rumor has it they are finally putting the permanent Alien sign instead of the stupid vinyl sign. So if true Redd’s is gone for good never to return.

Also the rocket is also under refurb, I assume for a repaint and cleanup.

Mac Tonight

hmmm methinks that those Fresh Baked guys must have been filming on 4/20.

Truth is, we sent a guy up there to see if there would be any way we could turn the former Rocket Rods attractions into a walking tour retrospective.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
hmmm methinks that those Fresh Baked guys must have been filming on 4/20.

Truth is, we sent a guy up there to see if there would be any way we could turn the former Rocket Rods attractions into a walking tour retrospective.
Methinks Bob is smoking something on 4/20 if you think a walking tour around the tracks would be a good idea.... 😂😂😂

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I should rephrase. We're thinking of a moving sidewalk kind of situation. We know people hate walking at the parks. I've heard them bandied about for Main St. as well, but there's been pushback.
We should change your name to Bob Marley with all you're smoking. If you can't bring back PM because it would need to retrofit in order to have all the needed ADA exits and structural damage replacements needed from Rocket Rods, not to mention all the guest safety add ons needed there is no way you could do a walking tour either with or without a moving sidewalk.

Put down the bong Bob and step away from the computer.... :p😂😂😂

Mac Tonight

We should change your name to Bob Marley with all you're smoking. If you can't bring back PM because it would need to retrofit in order to have all the needed ADA exits and structural damage replacements needed from Rocket Rods, not to mention all the guest safety add ons needed there is no way you could do a walking tour either with or without a moving sidewalk.

Put down the bong Bob and step away from the computer.... :p😂😂😂
Or maybe its you that needs to pick it up and not take all this stuff so seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom