The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
🤣

Not sure. The only ice cream I buy inside Disneyland is the firehouse sundae at the Gibson Girl. The prepackaged "Mickey" bars are too pricey/not big enough for my appetite.

LOL just saw the first part of your signature. You don't see that on mobile.

Yeah that was the last time I bought one. I stick to Ghirardelli these days. They make a pretty delicious sundae and have some good mint chip that's great on a warm day.

SuddenStorm

It certainly needs something! While I appreciate how dark Space Mountain is these days, I wish there were some points of interest to see on the ride. People always claim the window is the culprit for light leakage into the old mountain. I wonder if they've overlooked that funky satellite, which glowed bright orange and was centrally located. We don't need a return to that but as I've said in other conversations, the old Space Mountain had character, now we just go to space.

There is that legendary asteroid that still sits inside the ride- they just don't light it up because it's "too bright" or something.

I refuse to believe that with all the new projection mapping effects, they couldn't do something to illuminate that thing in a way that doesn't detract from the space illusion.

SuddenStorm

LOL just saw the first part of your signature. You don't see that on mobile.

Yeah that was the last time I bought one. I stick to Ghirardelli these days. They make a pretty delicious sundae and have some good mint chip that's great on a warm day.

I try to represent the brother/sisterhood. The forum shall never forget the events that transpired that one fateful weekend a month ago.

While we're talking about the best food deals in Disneyland/DCA- one thing I'll concede is better at DCA is the fact they sell the $5 sourdough bread loaves. Those things are massive, delicious, and I can eat one while waiting for the parade/fireworks/rides when I'm back inside Disneyland Park.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I try to represent the brother/sisterhood. The forum shall never forget the events that transpired that one fateful weekend a month ago.

While we're talking about the best food deals in Disneyland/DCA- one thing I'll concede is better at DCA is the fact they sell the $5 sourdough bread loaves. Those things are massive, delicious, and I can eat one while waiting for the parade/fireworks/rides when I'm back inside Disneyland Park.

Those are pretty good. I love me some sourdough bread but only tend to eat that when someone else gets it and we share.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Almost forgot, if you like sourdough bread or bread in general, Lure Fish House has maybe the best. It’s a small seafood chain, the closest location is in Westlake Village I believe. Really excellent seafood too.

Phroobar

There is that legendary asteroid that still sits inside the ride- they just don't light it up because it's "too bright" or something.

I refuse to believe that with all the new projection mapping effects, they couldn't do something to illuminate that thing in a way that doesn't detract from the space illusion.
They light up the asteroid at Hong Kong Disneyland and still have projection mappings. The ride is identical except with a few smaller asteroids on sticks.

Darkbeer1

I miss the Free Tortilla's. It was surprising how many birthdays some folks had in a year.... Nothing like a hot one, then go over to the Boudin Sandwich Shop and grab some butter....

At the Honda Center watching Ice Skating, or actually watching my Wife watch it...

Last edited:

TROR

I had a vivid dream about a week and a half ago that left me with an odd feeling when awoke. Yesterday, nearly every detail of the dream occurred. What does it mean?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I had a vivid dream about a week and a half ago that left me with an odd feeling when awoke. Yesterday, nearly every detail of the dream occurred. What does it mean?

I’m not quite sure but can you send me what you think the Mega Millions #s will be for Tuesday’s California Lottery? I swear I’ll really play them.

BrianLo

Amazing how poorly Disney has been managing the Muppets- especially when the Muppets used to be capable of greatness:

(start at 23 minutes if the link doesn't start at the right time)

I agree and was going to say maybe there is hope they would dust it off for Disney+... apparently that’s a thing.

NateD1226

I just got a backstage tour of Mickey and the Magical Map. It was so cool! The imagineer that helped create the show said that he loved working on it and hope they keep it for a long time. He also said he is working on a new show for Tokyo that opens in 2020 with 45 set changes! I also some posters for old show they have held there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom