The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Consumer

Is there no middle ground between 'weird Disney adult' and 'family'?

What about normal people that just enjoy Disneyland?
They can go Mon-Thurs.

I’m an unmarried man with no younger siblings or cousins, so it’s not like I’m making this argument for my benefit. This kind of policy isn’t unheard of; Legoland Discovery Centers require adults to be accompanied by a minor to enter.

D.Silentu

Admittedly, it would be consistent with Disney’s contemporary policies regarding guest convenience such as reservations, fastpass fees, and lottery systems. Now I would have to take time off work for my visit as well!

Consumer

He makes sweeping, judgmental, generalized statements like this all the time. This is not new behavior.
I never said anything about guest behavior (other than that they’re all stinky, fat, loud, arrogant, ugly, poorly dressed, and all around unlikely), just that Disney should reserve weekends for families. I imagine removing all the people there without kids would significantly reduce wait times.

Consumer

Y’all have convinced me, Disney should ban childless adults seven days a week. Only families allowed in the park from now on. And yeah, a dress code, too; no large family with their matching tees.

1706391344271.jpeg

MoonRakerSCM

As I sat last night in the tiki room... enjoying the show... and reminiscing about Disneyland memories with family members long gone... and wondering when the birds of paradise clicking got SO loud. I fattily and smellily scarfed down a (honestly rather mediocre) Dole whip (I think it was overchurned and not too flavorful or something... too icy?). There was a young family across the way with a very young, maybe 1-2 year old. The little baby was MEZMORIZED by the moving birds and flowers... and they had a great time. Great to see.

Disney Analyst

So if anyone recalls, when Mickey's Mix Magic first returned, the Castle was without projection. As expected they were installing new projectors. Photos are going around of the new boxes hiding them, which are MASSIVE now, much bigger than before.

Looking at some photo and video going around, the projections seem way more vibrant than before.

1706569260324.png

Consumer

Remember how when Disney announced the Tower of Terror retheme all the shills said it was because Disney didn't want to pay for the Twilight Zone royalties and then the other two Twilight Zone attractions have continued to exist for the past 7 years? Remember how Disney shills claimed Mission Breakout was a huge success and then Disney deliberately did not retheme Tower of Terror at Disneyland Paris despite the fact that park received its own Marvel land, instead choosing to enhance and improve their existing Tower of Terror? Remember how Disney ruined DCA for no reason?

SuddenStorm

Remember how when Disney announced the Tower of Terror retheme all the shills said it was because Disney didn't want to pay for the Twilight Zone royalties and then the other two Twilight Zone attractions have continued to exist for the past 7 years? Remember how Disney shills claimed Mission Breakout was a huge success and then Disney deliberately did not retheme Tower of Terror at Disneyland Paris despite the fact that park received its own Marvel land, instead choosing to enhance and improve their existing Tower of Terror? Remember how Disney ruined DCA for no reason?

The retheme itself didn't offend me- but the poor execution did. There are areas of that queue that are clearly not how a museum would be- like the boiler room. And the facade is hideous.

The ride experience on the new one is fun, and I do know people who prefer it to the original.

I also preferred CA Screamin to the Incredicoaster, which I find grating and annoying.

What I don't like is that Guardians and the Incredicoaster both showed Disney they can permanently retheme existing attractions to be able to market a 'new offering' and people will eat it up. It's started a dangerous trend.

PiratesMansion

TOT objectively fit better, though there were aspects of the ride's presentation from day one of its existence that weren't ever super great IMO.

That said, overall I prefer Guardians. It's more fun and more distinctive, rather than the "here's a less interesting version of a WDW icon" that it was to me before. And now we have four different takes on one ride, and I think that's nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom