The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

I’m suddenly realizing I have yet to see Galaxy’s Edge at DL; my last visit was just before it opened, but I did ride the train at night to experience the wonder of its new, first-ever left turn. I visited Galaxy’s Edge at WDW. I thought Smuggler’s was boring, Rise was fun and the land was mostly a waste of space. Despite being packed with guests, it felt lifeless and uninvolving. If and when I return to DL, I’ll probably just ignore GE completely.
I have never ridden Smuggler’s Run and I’ve actually only visited GE once. I wouldn’t call myself a fan of it, but I don’t hate it anymore either. It’s definitely better than Avenger’s Campus, which is a disaster, in my opinion.

I only visited once, but GE doesn’t feel lifeless here. Maybe that’s due to the different characters walking around here? I don’t know.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

The thing with SWGE in California is it largely added to the park and the changes to the RR and ROA scenery were largely non-objectionable and in my opinion actually plussed the experience. While the river was shortened it’s really quite hard to tell (since like with Toon Town, most of what was removed TS Island was litigated away to a shell of itself anyway) and if anything the recent “reimagining” likely guarantees the medium term foreseeable future of the RoA river attractions.

I especially like both the tranquility and utility of the Critter Country/Hungry Bear corridor. The ability to walk around the park with greater ease is a net benefit and ROTR is a top 10 ride for me. And Ronto Roasters while not a substitute for Big Thunder BBQ is still a decent QS restaurant.

Rich T

I have never ridden Smuggler’s Run and I’ve actually only visited GE once. I wouldn’t call myself a fan of it, but I don’t hate it anymore either. It’s definitely better than Avenger’s Campus, which is a disaster, in my opinion.

I only visited once, but GE doesn’t feel lifeless here. Maybe that’s due to the different characters walking around here? I don’t know.
I saw a couple of Stormtroopers and an Imperi— oops, I mean “First Order” officer milling around and posing. That was about it. It was mainly a huge mass of tired, sweaty zombie tourists looking for Darth Vader and restrooms. The transition tunnel from Hollywood to GE is great. The abrupt cut from GE to Toy Story Land is kinda hilarious.
(edit)
Wow, they missed a great chance to transition from Toy Story Land to GE by walking through a giant Hasbro toy X-Wing box.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I saw a couple of Stormtroopers and an Imperi— oops, I mean “First Order” officer milling around and posing. That was about it. It was mainly a huge mass of tired, sweaty zombie tourists looking for Darth Vader and restrooms. The transition tunnel from Hollywood to GE is great. The abrupt cut from GE to Toy Story Land is kinda hilarious.
Apparently, Florida is sticking to a specific timeline, due to the snazzy Star Wars hotel, and therefore doesn’t have the same face characters we have. I guess that kinda sucks.

Rich T

Apparently, Florida is sticking to a specific timeline, due to the snazzy Star Wars hotel, and therefore doesn’t have the same face characters we have. I guess that kinda sucks.
I hope they just close down the hotel (or at least abandon the expensive LARP model) and start giving regular guests more of what they want to see at GE.

PiratesMansion

SW:GE was incredibly useful late at night when we had to navigate around Fantasmic/Parade/Fireworks crowds. Incredibly easy and pleasant to navigate in that hour compared to the rest of the park.

I think it's a cool land that does very little for me because I don't care about Star Wars. It doesn't entirely fit within Disneyland visually (I imagine it fits in brilliantly at DHS) and so I found it easy to forget about after awhile.

Smuggler's Run I don't like, but Rise is a fantastic attraction.

I'll probably never do Oga's or the upcharge light saber experience.

I didn't like the ronto wrap I tried, but I'm up for trying the other main restaurant. I'm always up for some new food experiences at the parks (unsure if there are still a lot of my old go-to quick service options that are truly gone or if I'm just that bitter about the loss of the poutine flatbread at RRT).

The changes to the railroad and river I think were done about the best they could have been, and the park didn't lose anything of substance.

I don't hate it, but I think Rise is really the only thing that makes it necessary. If I went to the park and Rise was closed for refurbishment I doubt I'd ever make it back there unless I had to go from, say, Fantasyland to Haunted Mansion from 8:30-10 PM.

Communicora

Premium Member
“Archeology and archaeology are both English terms. Archeology is predominantly used in American (US) English ( en-US ) while archaeology is predominantly used in British English (used in UK/AU/NZ) ( en-GB ).”

Both are correct. The question is.. which spelling would be used in the world of Dr. Jones?
Fair play. I am American and someone with a passing interest in archaeology and have never noticed that spelling until today.

If you search for "Indiana Jones" and "archeology" the overwhelming majority of the results still use "archaeology."

Edited to add: I found this explanation (PDF link) from The Society for American Archaeology. Basically, we can blame the confusion on the US government. 😂

Last edited:

DrAlice

Begging the Disneyland sign shop to read what they make.

So hear me out....

Disney is always trying to save on labor costs, right?

Here is how I directed ChatGPT: write a notice in the style of Indiana Jones that tells people that they cannot remove items

Here is what it wrote:

"Attention all adventurers and seekers of lost treasures!

This notice serves as a warning to all who dare to enter this temple of ancient secrets. The artifacts and relics within these walls are sacred and cannot be removed under any circumstances. Any attempts to do so will result in dire consequences and the wrath of the gods shall be upon thee.

So heed these words wisely, lest ye suffer the same fate as those who have gone before. Leave the treasures where they lay and allow them to remain as a testament to the rich history of this land.

Signed,

Dr. Indiana Jones"

I mean.... 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣

mickEblu

Original Poster
Anyway about that Sam Smith concert… I’ll be selling those tickets. Sorry wife. What the in the holy hell was that? Where did the crooner in the suit go?

Last edited:

Rich T

Just came back from Frozen at the Segerstrom and dare I say I liked parts of the DCA production more? So many filler songs ("Hygge" was a huge bust with my group) though the lighting and costume design were mostly on point.
I think just about all the big stage productions of animated features are bloated with 2nd-rate filler songs. I listened to the first half of “Hygge” and had to turn it off—awful, just… awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom