The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

D50887D4-D298-4D78-89A5-A4F22EFA1F2B.jpeg

I do like how this tunnel turned out. PSA: for the next 24 hours (or so) the XBox digital store has Planet Coaster on sale for $20.99. No, I don’t work for Frontier. Or Microsoft. 😃

Disney Analyst

Wait according to MC, Disney lowered some prices?

Galaxy’s Edge Price Reductions!​

In a shocking twist, the price to build a lightsaber or a droid has recently been reduced. Back in October, the price to build a lightsaber in Savi’s Workshop went up from $219.99 to $249.00. That price has now come back down to its original price of $219.99.

The same thing happened at the Droid Depot, where the price went up from $99.99 to $119.99. The price to build your custom droid has now come back down to the original price of $99.99.

waltography

I've long been underwhelmed by the Orb of Cagliostro in the Sanctum. I always expected it to look more like one of these kinds of infinity art installations.

IMDREW

I don’t really know where else to ask this, but I am looking for disneyland tickets and found a very good deal on getawaytoday.com. Does anyone know if that website’s legit?

waltography

I don’t really know where else to ask this, but I am looking for disneyland tickets and found a very good deal on getawaytoday.com. Does anyone know if that website’s legit?
Yes, they’re legit. In effect they’re an online travel agency (like Undercover Tourist, which I used to purchase tickets right when Disneyland first reopened).

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yes, they’re legit. In effect they’re an online travel agency (like Undercover Tourist, which I used to purchase tickets right when Disneyland first reopened).
Was going to suggest to also look at Undercover Tourist and compare prices. I think one has cheaper single day tickets while the other has cheaper multi-day, but don't quote me on that.

D.Silentu

I've long been underwhelmed by the Orb of Cagliostro in the Sanctum. I always expected it to look more like one of these kinds of infinity art installations.
It seems like this is one effect that just didn't come together. I've noticed that at night it does sort of have that infinite effect, but during the day the glare completely ruins it.

Californian Elitist

I know this is an old post but I'm just now catching up and was curious if there were any specific things in Milan you wanted to do / see? I'm a huge fashion lover and my favorite designer Rick Owens has a flagship store there that looks incredible. I didn't make it to Milan when I visited Italy but next time I go I am definitely gonna make a stop there and just enjoy all the designer stores I've never been able to visit in person.
Hey! Nope, nothing specific I wanted to see. I’m thinking of taking a train that goes to Como and up to Switzerland. I’ve also got a pal out there that I’m planning to visit. Since I’m only going to be there for two days, I’m not stressing about finding things to do. I’m also considering taking a pasta and tiramisu-making class on the day I leave, but I’m still not sure.

smooch

Hey! Nope, nothing specific I wanted to see. I’m thinking of taking a train that goes to Como and up to Switzerland. I’ve also got a pal out there that I’m planning to visit. Since I’m only going to be there for two days, I’m not stressing about finding things to do. I’m also considering taking a pasta and tiramisu-making class on the day I leave, but I’m still not sure.
That cooking class sounds like so much fun! Pasta from scratch is my favorite thing to make, but I've never made Tiramisu before. Switzerland sounds like it will be awesome as well, I hope you have fun on that trip later on!

Disney Analyst

The other site is reporting that an audition call went up (then vanished) for a possible Hercules musical at DCA.

Please be true 😱🥹

36F1088E-325C-4A00-A84B-0BE08FA65184.jpeg

The listing goes on “This new musical project will come to life through the creativity of Disney Live Entertainment in partnership with book writer Hunter Bell, star and book writer of the Tony Award nominated [title of show] and featuring music by Emmy-nominated and Grammy-winning composer Christopher Lennertz.”

Five main roles are being sought out:

Role #1/Featured Principal – 3 Female identifying roles, 20’s to 50’s. Vocal Range: All. Style: Proficient with harmonization and ability to sing in many styles from Destiny’s Child to Andrew Sisters. These three performers are a fun, energetic and musical sisterhood that acts as the occasional “Greek Chorus”. All abilities and types welcome.

Role #2/Featured Principal – Female identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Mezzo Soprano. Style: contemporary musical theatre. Brave, resourceful and intelligent. Must have a strong English accent. All abilities and types welcome.

Role #3/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 17 to 20. Vocal Range: Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. Young man coming into his greatness. All abilities and types welcome.

Role #4/Featured Principal – Male identifying, 30’s to 40’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theatre. He is decisive, capable, principled and has a wry sense of humor. Leads others with attitude and swagger. All abilities and types welcome.

Role #5/Featured Principal – Male identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. He is a noble, loyal, idealistic, and romantic do-gooder, who does not give up easily. All abilities and types welcome.
Singer/Chorus – Male and Female identifying, any age. Vocal Range: All. Style: contemporary musical theatre. These performers will play many roles and create the world for this story. Some roles will be required to dance. All abilities and types welcome.

waltography

The other site is reporting that an audition call went up (then vanished) for a possible Hercules musical at DCA.

Please be true 😱🥹
[title of show] being the literal title of the show threw me for a loop at first. 😂 But is this really Hercules? The call for the Muses being 3 instead of 5 plus the English accent for Megara is making me nervous.

Rich T

I was thinking about SW:GE a little today… It’s amazing how much I don’t care about it being in Disneyland anymore. I’ll always miss Big Thunder Ranch, but I’ve gotten used to GE’s presence in the park.
I’m suddenly realizing I have yet to see Galaxy’s Edge at DL; my last visit was just before it opened, but I did ride the train at night to experience the wonder of its new, first-ever left turn. I visited Galaxy’s Edge at WDW. I thought Smuggler’s was boring, Rise was fun and the land was mostly a waste of space. Despite being packed with guests, it felt lifeless and uninvolving. If and when I return to DL, I’ll probably just ignore GE completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom