The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
DLR doesn't need 3 shooter dark rides.

Get rid of Buzz Lightyear when Spider-Man opens and put in a better ride.

They kind of screwed that up. Ideally each park would have one instead of DCA having 2. Unless they surprise with something different for Spideman.... like that swinging pendulum on a track.

SuddenStorm

DLR doesn't need 3 shooter dark rides.

Get rid of Buzz Lightyear when Spider-Man opens and put in a better ride.
They kind of screwed that up. Ideally each park would have one instead of DCA having 2. Unless they surprise with something different for Spideman.... like that swinging pendulum on a track.

Imagine if they had said "We already have two boat rides inside Disneyland (the motorboat cruise, small world) so we shouldn't make Pirates a boat ride"

Or if they had said "We already have two roller coasters- Matterhorn and Space Mountain, so we shouldn't build Big Thunder Mountain Railroad"

Disney should be trying to build the best attraction they can- and if that attraction has to be a shooter to effectively tell a story and immerse the rider in an environment, then I'm all for it- regardless of how many other shooters there are.

Animaniac93-98

Imagine if they had said "We already have two boat rides inside Disneyland (the motorboat cruise, small world) so we shouldn't make Pirates a boat ride"

Or if they had said "We already have two roller coasters- Matterhorn and Space Mountain, so we shouldn't build Big Thunder Mountain Railroad"

Disney should be trying to build the best attraction they can- and if that attraction has to be a shooter to effectively tell a story and immerse the rider in an environment, then I'm all for it- regardless of how many other shooters there are.

I knew someone would make this argument and this is my response:

Buzz Lightyear sucks. It's the second worst dark ride in Disneyland park. It's sole gimmick is being a shooter ride. With two other rides doing the same thing, the novelty is diminished, leaving only the ugly looking cartoon sets to support the ride.

They can do better.

SuddenStorm

Buzz Lightyear sucks. It's the second worst dark ride in Disneyland park. It's sole gimmick is being a shooter ride. With two other rides doing the same thing, the novelty is diminished, leaving only the ugly looking cartoon sets to support the ride.

They can do better.

This is a completely different argument then your first comment which was simply "replace it because it's a shooter".

And I agree with this. They should replace Buzz- not because it's a shooter, but because it's been poorly maintained and it's aged horribly.

mickEblu

Original Poster

This is true. The problem is that the shooters we have seen so far at Disney parks are really limited in scope and we have nothing indicating they are trying to push the envelope with Spider-Man. I hear “shooter” and I immediately think that a shooter was chosen not because it’s the best way to tell the story but because it’s the fastest and maybe cheapest way to create a popular ride. With the boat rides you mention the boat is merely a vessel that we board to enter these beautiful 3D worlds. With the shooters we’ve seen so far they cut corners and focus on the shooting aspect. Thinking that’s enough to carry the attraction.

Also things are a bit different now then when IASW and POTC were built. Being that DLR is landlocked and their are only limited areas for new attractions, they should be careful on not giving us redundant attractions.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

They can do better.
Don't hate on the ride because you're not that good at it ;)

Sharon&Susan

“Bob Chapek’s Disneyland”
“Each week as you enter this hip land of shops that sell the exact same things, a new type of synergy will open to you”
Frontierland
“Shortened tales and cowboy dolls from this forgotten land”
Tomorrowland
“A promise of things repurposed from 1955, and random Pixar tie-ins from the present”
Adventureland
“A wonder world of surfer clothing”
Fantasyland
“The most money-making, synergistic land of them all”

mickEblu

Original Poster
Wow it’s been slow around here. The last few years we ve been fortunate to have non stop news and rumors to discuss. This is a dry spell indeed.

Just a few miscellaneous thoughts.... Anyone else notice the sudden increase in new members? I feel like I have seen more new members in the last couple weeks than the last few years. What gives? We also seem to have lost some regular posters. That or their just really isn’t anything to talk about.

Oh ya, If I see one more post talking about CAPS LOCK IM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.

Last edited:

Anjin

Just a few miscellaneous thoughts.... Anyone else notice the sudden increase in new members? I feel like I have seen more new members in the last couple weeks than the last few years. What gives? We also seemed to have lost some regular posters. That or their just really isn’t anything to talk about.
I read a few Disney parks blogs, but I was interested in finding someplace where people actually talked about Disneyland news and such. This small corner of a forum seemed like the right fit. And though I'm not sure what caught my attention exactly, it was TP2000's Neighbor Lady that got me to register instead of lurking. :)

Californian Elitist

Wow it’s been slow around here. The last few years we ve been fortunate to have non stop news and rumors to discuss. This is a dry spell indeed.

Just a few miscellaneous thoughts.... Anyone else notice the sudden increase in new members? I feel like I have seen more new members in the last couple weeks than the last few years. What gives? We also seemed to have lost some regular posters. That or their just really isn’t anything to talk about.

Oh ya, If I see one more post talking about CAPS LOCK IM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.

I still read, but I don’t post as much anymore because I’m not interested in any future offerings, for the most part. I joined before the opening of DCA 2.0 back in 2012, when the news was actually exciting and worth looking forward to. Now, not so much.

We’ve got a few types of posters here:

-park regulars who are Californians/locals

-WDW folks who’ve either never been to the DLR, and/or only post here when they want to defend WDW in some way, shape, or form (can’t really engage in good discussion)

-newbies, which yes, we’ve seen a lot more of recently, which is nice (sometimes)

There are only a handful of us who regularly post here to begin with. The posters I’m most interested in having discussion with are the “seasoned” park regulars (such as yourself), and we consist of what, five people? Combine that with the lackluster offerings and you’ve got yourself a gal who no longer posts a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom