The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

1542254077521.png

As long as we're on the subject of Casey Junior...

Biggest problems with these live action remakes is they just make me want to watch the originals/

D.Silentu

I don't yet know how to feel about that one. It seems like a good exercise for Tim Burton, who hasn't had a chance to really flaunt his visual style lately. However, I've generally been avoiding these remakes as they serve an even more harsh reminder of the creativity Disney used to embrace.

Darkbeer1

Parking in the Simba lot SUCKS. Ended up parking at GardenWalk and walking over to DTD tonight. Well, Lisa walked and I took my ECV.

Checking out the 3 Hotel trees.

SuddenStorm

The Matterhorn pre 1978 has always fascinated me- since pictures of its interior are incredibly rare.

This Youtube video started playing before I could stop it (darn autoplay...) and I started skipping through to see if I agreed with what the Youtuber had to say.

Imagine my surprise when footage of the ride before the Yeti refurb popped up. Does anyone know where they got this footage from? I'd be very interested in seeing more.

Darkbeer1

OK, so last night was checking out the three Disneyland Hotel trees, and well, nothing that wowed. Best thing was the Gingerbread House at the GCH.

Thursday night at Knott's was very good. Grand Avenue was lit extremely well and inside the park was also well done, as was the tree.

The one glitch was at "Merry Christmas Snoopy!". At the end, all the cast pointed to the top of the tree to get your attention to the faux Doves flying from the back to the tree. Actually White Pigeons. But they never got released... Oh Well.

Today was at the Anaheim Hilton which has Christmas Tree Lane, with many different trees decorated and for sale with the money going to charity. They even got trees in the automated revolving door. Great Job!

Now at Fashion Island for its Christmas Tree Lighting event/show.

I am just blessed for my wife and being able to enjoy the season!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Has the Disneyland Railroad quietly turned itself into an E-ticket?

Honestly I'd say it just needs a Toontown-tomorrowland stretch overhaul to get there.

Its definitely in my Top 7 attractions at DL. I think the Toontown- Tomorrowland stretch will get addressed during the Fantasyland expansion. Maybe it can go through a showbuilding or two.

Rich T

As long as we're on the subject of Casey Junior...

Great trailer, except... they shouldn't have included that shot of Dumbo flying over the crowd. It really takes away all the anticipation and suspense from the otherwise great final seconds where Dumbo's looking down from the platform and the girl says, "Fly." This actually looks not-terrible. I'm going to be optimistic and hope Burton really put his heart into this. It also better have all the songs worked in somehow, especially "When I See An Elephant Fly."

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I almost ran over a cat while driving Casey once.😳

Well hopefully the cat learned it’s lesson to stop sneaking into the park without a ticket. All of these birds, ducks, cats, mice and bugs make me sick. Why should they get in for free?

I wouldn’t be mad if they brought the swans back. But that’s different, the Swans are CMs. Not thieves.

Californian Elitist

Well hopefully the cat learned it’s lesson to stop sneaking into the park without a ticket. All of these birds, ducks, cats, mice and bugs make me sick. Why should they get in for free?

I wouldn’t be mad if they brought the swans back. But that’s different, the Swans are CMs. Not thieves.

You forgot turtles!

I miss the swans. They were beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom