The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Parteecia

Here's an example of my issues with the app. My friend and I wanted to see the Toy Drummers. To find their times I had to:
Scroll down, down to "Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" to select "View the Guide;"
Under "DCAP," select "View the Guide;"
Under "Spirited Entertainment," select "View Details;"
Under "Classic Favorites," I see a photo of "Mickey's Happy Holidays." But the drummers are not listed under "Live Performances??"
Realize there is a sliver of another photo on the right and swipe left to bring up a photo of the "Holiday Toy Drummers." Click on that to see the times.

And this doesn't include all of my wrong guesses and backtracking. It's a little bit ridiculous. I've ended up bookmarking the parks' Entertainment Schedule website in my browser. I shouldn't have to do that.

DrAlice

Here's an example of my issues with the app. My friend and I wanted to see the Toy Drummers. To find their times I had to:
Scroll down, down to "Holidays at the Disneyland Resort" to select "View the Guide;"
Under "Classic Favorites," I see a photo of "Mickey's Happy Holidays." But the drummers are not listed under "Live Performances??"
Realize there is a sliver of another photo on the right and swipe left to bring up a photo of the "Holiday Toy Drummers." Click on that to see the times.

And this doesn't include all of my wrong guesses and backtracking. It's a little bit ridiculous. I've ended up bookmarking the parks' Entertainment Schedule website in my browser. I shouldn't have to do that.
The paper schedules worked fine. If Disney wants to save paper, post the schedules on an electronic board in the hub or something.

Disney over complicates everything these days.

PiratesMansion

It's a pretty bad indictment of an app if it's just easier to go to the website instead.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

You could just search Toy Drummers in the app and it pops up in the search list and automatically goes to the times. Much easier thus way.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
But not so good if I'm planning out a schedule of which show to see when.
It lists all the show times of the day, but if some have already happened then it isn’t listed anymore. So I just checked in the morning and a few days before I went I checked the times for performances I wanted to see since they don’t change much through the season. I always used the search function as it was much quicker.

Parteecia

Magic Key “No Show” Hack: if you already have two no shows you may as well just set up a “fake” reservation, don’t show up and get your third no show. Just make sure you have your other 3-5 reservations (depending what pass you have) for dates you want to go. Better to get the 30 days of not being able to make a reservation over with than getting your third No show on day #89 and not being prepared for the inability to make a reservation for 30 days.

EDIT: just realized this probably doesn't make sense for Imagine passes who can only hold 2 reservations or people who go weekly or more.
So I just realized that I really need to trust the people who have linked my pass. They can make a bunch of reservations for me without telling me and get me in trouble.

CHOX

Has anyone heard of Pleasure Island? No, I hadn’t either until I came across it looking for Submarine Voyage stuff. Apparently it was one of the MANY “Disneyland of the East” theme parks, located in Massachusetts. Open from 1959 through 1969. They had a Moby Dick boat ride with an animatronic that would have been happily at home in the Submarine Voyage.

5500822F-73C9-46EC-A406-1372E98F0FF4.gif

Anyways…there has been discussion for years about whether Moby was or was not still under the pond. Some guy bought an underwater drone and discovered that it was still down there, untouched for 53 years. This is pretty cool.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I miss MBC. It was the worst ride in Disneyland, but charmingly unique.

Never rode it which bothers me as I was around 10 or so when they closed. The thought of missing on Disneyland history for rides that were open when I was alive and visiting the parks once a year or so bugs me. I don’t even have a memory of them in operation. So motorboats go on the list with Mission to Mars. ATIS I was like 4 or so when they closed so I can’t be too mad about that one. I’m also mad I don’t have more vivid memories of the Skyway. Glad I have some memories of America Sings and America the Beautiful / Circle Vision.

Ecstatic I got to experience Superstar Limo.

Last edited:

Rich T

Never rode it which bothers me as I was around 10 or so when they closed. The thought of missing on Disneyland history for rides that were open when I was alive and visiting the parks once a year or so bugs me. I don’t even have a memory of them in operation. So motorboats go on the list with Mission to Mars. ATIS I was like 4 or so when they closed so I can’t be too mad about that one. I’m also mad I don’t have more vivid memories of the Skyway. Glad I have some memories of America Sings and America the Beautiful / Circle Vision.

With Motorboat Cruise, guests knew they’d made a bad ride choice five seconds out of the dock. And Mission to Mars was an aggressively bad attraction, in that it deliberately misled and disappointed guests. The “Try us again on your next visit, folks; I’m sure we’ll make it to Mars NEXT time!” plot was a really poor idea.

ATIS was great for its time. It needs to be reborn. Can you imagine if Disney lifted the “No New Non-IP Rides” rule and Epcot’s Cosmic Rewind had been the new ATIS? 😃

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I was 4 when Country Bear Jamboree closed... and I've asked my parents if they took me to it. The weren't sure.... but I hope they did so I can say I've seen it ha

mickEblu

Original Poster
I was 4 when Country Bear Jamboree closed... and I've asked my parents if they took me to it. The weren't sure.... but I hope they did so I can say I've seen it ha

Lol I feel the same way about ATIS. I bet they took me on it and they just don’t remember lol. I’ll just go with that. But seriously I’m going to ask them about a ride with giant microscope and see if that rings a bell

Rich T

Okay, enough’s enough with the most annoying trend to ever hit YouTube park vloggers.

This started about 3 weeks ago and keeps spreading: YouTubers post a video of park tips with the word “secret” in the title and they invariably use a thumbnail of themself holding an index finger to their pursed lips like they’re being being naughty or coy, when what they’re *actually* being is annoying and grating!!!

And today a park vlog team—one I actually greatly enjoy and subscribe to—stooped to this and— AAAArgh!!!! STOP IT, VLOGGERS!!!! Please! No more “I’ve got a secret” poses!!!! It’s the worst!!!!

End of super-important and not-trivial-at-all rant.

TwilightZone

I experienced ALL of dca1.0 as a child and have oddly vivid memories of it due to my family being passholders at the time.

Superstar limo was gone by then sadly. 😔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom