The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
My cousin shared another vintage pic …check out the little caption on the bottom 🙁

71B82ABE-4721-41D4-8D98-69484A5EC30C.jpeg

PiratesMansion

I feel like it says something pretty definitive about the quality of the attraction (or at least, how well it aged) that I have never seen anyone genuinely nostalgic for Mission to Mars, at a park where people are nostalgic about literally everything.

TwilightZone

I feel like it says something pretty definitive about the quality of the attraction (or at least, how well it aged) that I have never seen anyone genuinely nostalgic for Mission to Mars, at a park where people are nostalgic about literally everything.
Well hey, someone at Disney must've got fan mail cause this exists
1671227772361.png

But maybe the name is just a coincidence so this can earn merch
1671227843696.png

Phroobar

Wasn't Mission to Mars the first attempt at turning a ride into a movie? Maybe Tower of Terror was? The movie was direct marketing for Mission: Space. Even Gary Sinise was in the ride.

On a different subject in case TDA is listening, (we know they aren't).
Three words:

You're welcome Disneyland.

mickEblu

Original Poster
On a different subject in case TDA is listening, (we know they aren't).
Three words:

You're welcome Disneyland.

I agree and have been saying this for a couple years as soon as I found out part 2 takes place on/ in water. But do you think they could just get away with swapping out the theme? Could this slow loading ride handle the demand? Is it worth it for them to swap out the Nemo theme in this case without upgrading the ride system/ upping capacity? I mean personally I’d be ok with them just swapping out the theme. I never ride Nemo so I would gladly take an upgrade even if the ride system in unchanged. I still wouldn’t ride the thing very much but it would make much more sense for TL and serve as a great transition between Fantaysland.

Ideally they would do something more ambitious. I think you floated the idea once of Subs that turn into Peter Pans flight on steroids in the show building or something like that.

Phroobar

I agree and have been saying this for a couple years as soon as I found out part 2 takes place on/ in water. But do you think they could just get away with swapping out the theme? Could this slow loading ride handle the demand? Is it worth it for them to swap out the Nemo theme in this case without upgrading the ride system/ upping capacity? I mean personally I’d be ok with them just swapping out the theme. I never ride Nemo so I would gladly take an upgrade even if the ride system in unchanged. I still wouldn’t ride the thing very much but it would make much more sense for TL and serve as a great transition between Fantaysland.

Ideally they would do something more ambitious. I think you floated the idea once of Subs that turn into Peter Pans flight on steroids in the show building or something like that.
20k leagues under the sea at Disney Sea uses the Peter Pans flight ride system in a dry for wet environment. The portholes have water in them to produce bubbles. The show scenes are dry. It gives a pretty cool effect. Disney could demo the entire sub lagoon, put in the floating mountain backdrop from DAC and install the Pan flight ride system and still call it a submarine ride.

mickEblu

Original Poster
20k leagues under the sea at Disney Sea uses the Peter Pans flight ride system in a dry for wet environment. The portholes have water in them to produce bubbles. The show scenes are dry. It gives a pretty cool effect. Disney could demo the entire sub lagoon, put in the floating mountain backdrop from DAC and install the Pan flight ride system and still call it a submarine ride.

Hmmm. I’m not willing to sacrifice the lagoon and worry about scale issues the flouting mountains may cause near the Matterhorn. But otherwise it sounds good. Lol

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think if the floating mountains where at the back and we keep the lagoon it could work out. I'd still like to see my Seabase Delta idea but maybe it could be combined?

I think both ideas could be combined and I think the floating mountains could work depending on how much of Autopia they use up. If they were to go All in on something like this and use up that much lane I feel like the experience better be light years more fun/ innovative/ exhilarating than the 20k leagues ride.

Phroobar

I wonder if they combined the two. We get in those sea crabs from Avatar that use the underwater track. Then once in the show building, they enter an airlock were the water is removed and the Peter Pan suspension takes hold. This allows the vehicle to swing and do dives. Finally, it enters another airlock where water is pumped in and they exit outside. However, the airlock idea might be too dangerous in case things fail.

Rich T

Three words:
I’m sorry, but…. barf. Barf, I say!

How about anything featuring a GENUINE Disney-generated IP?

I like most of Pandora at AK (but that boat ride is very forgettable), but that’s because 90% of AK is not about Disney.

Disneyland should remain as close to its Walt Disney Studios filmmaking roots as possible.

Rich T

Well, Anastasia merch has shown up at WDW. It’s like the Bob/Bob/Bob era is taking a big chalk painting of the Disney Logo, scrawling the names of acquired properties over it, then taking a big fat smudge stick and blending everything together into one huge, soulless, overpriced generic blur.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m sorry, but…. barf. Barf, I say!

How about anything featuring a GENUINE Disney-generated IP?

I like most of Pandora at AK (but that boat ride is very forgettable), but that’s because 90% of AK is not about Disney.

Disneyland should remain as close to its Walt Disney Studios filmmaking roots as possible.

For me it’s always a “feel” thing. For example I would never want a Simpsons ride at Disneyland. Avatar feels more Disney than some of the recent Disney or Pixar movies IMO.

Rich T

For me it’s always a “feel” thing. For example I would never want an Simpsons ride at Disneyland. Avatar feels more Disney than some of the recent Disney or Pixar movies IMO. Plus they own Fox now anyway.
DL should be the park with the least amount of Look-What-Uncle-Bob-bought IPs. I don’t want Alien in DL. I don’t want Avatar in DL.

What I do want is a corporation that trusts its in-house artists enough and respects it customers enough to create original concepts and attractions that are not necessarily tied to existing IPs.

I want Disney to be Disney again.

I also want World Peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom