The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

CaptinEO

Wow…World of Color truly elevates the park I fully can’t imagine the park without it, it’s breathtaking. Videos nor photos do it justice whatsoever the colors were so vibrant, the movements graceful, just all so grandiose. I ended up seeing both showings using my virtual queue for the first showing, and after seeing people in the distance by Lamplight Lounge I did the same for the second showing. From either angle the show is breathtaking, and brought me close to tears of joy something only Indiana Jones Adventure and my steps onto Resort property have caused me to do. No actual tears yet, let’s see if that changes tomorrow with my final day.

Most of my grievances were aired out earlier, and one positive thing is there were an abundance of PhotoPass spots at DCA in comparison to Disneyland. Still though both pale in comparison to Disney World’s options, but I get it different demographics for guests so less demand for PhotoPass.

Cast Members varied more today but it’s a hot day I get it, but surprisingly some CMs remembered me! We did PhotoPass yesterday at the train station, and wouldn’t you know it? THE SAME PHOTOGRAPHER over at the Hyperion, shout out to AJ (What they were falled by the CM directing us at Disneyland) for remembering me and jogging my memory on them! Later on in World of Color a CM started with welcome stopped and said oh welcome back! Unfortunately didn’t remember her but thanks 😅 The last shoutout goes to the Lighting Lane CM at Soarin who let me go through even though my LL had expired two hours prior

Overall a good day at DCA with the standout being World of Color alongside Mission Breakout and Radiator Springs. Only thing missing is Jack Jack on the Stick shaped Cotton Candy and the park would be golden 😉

* = Tcool was alone cause his parents got destroyed by Mission Breakout and the Sun
  • Webslingers
  • Mission Breakout LL at 8:05 AM
  • Radiator Springs Racers LL at 9 AM
  • Breakfast at Pym’s Test Kitchen
    • Cinnapym Toast Bread thing for me, was a big fan of it tbh; only one happy with their meal 😅
  • The Amazing Spiderman Show at 10 AM *
  • Avengers Assemble Show at 1015 AM
  • Hyperion Photopass
  • World of Animation
  • Sorcerers Workshop
  • Turtle Talk
  • Paradise Park Photopass
  • Golden Zephyr *
  • Jumpin Jellyfish *
  • World of Color Virtual Queue at 12 PM
  • Goofy’s Sky School LL at 12:15 PM *
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind *
  • Meet Mirabel
  • Mickeys Silly Symphony Swings *
  • Lunch at Lamplight Lounge
    • Had the Mojo Chicken Fries those were amazing; my family didnt care for their food. Drinks were solid, and I guess not many Floridians with a Vertical Learner’s License visit as the CM was taken a back
  • Incredicoaster LL *
  • Jessies Critter Carousel *
  • Pixar Pal A Round - Stationary *
  • Bakery Tour
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree *
  • Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters *
  • Toy Story Midway Mania Lighting Lane
  • Grizzly Peak River Run Lighting Lane
  • Monsters Inc Lighting Lane
  • Scmoozies: Banana Split Shake
  • Dinner at Tony Roma
    • Not my choice, not my thing my mom wanted mash potatoes and chicken so she won the dinner debate
  • World of Color 9 PM showing *
  • Soarin Over the World LL *
  • World of Color 10:15 Showing *
Miles Walked: 11.5 Miles; not optimized day lots of zig zagging with rides going down when we got there with our LL.

Last day tomorrow thinking of starting at Nemo Subs as it seems like the longest line all day for what we got planned. Followed by Alice, Pan and then meander around the Fantasyland Dark Rides with LLs used for small world, Buzz , Autopia and rerides
Pre 2019 I remember Disneyland having a lot more photopass photographers all around the park. When Galaxy's Edge came out a lot of CMs spoke about how their photopass coworkers were let go.

tcool123

Pre 2019 I remember Disneyland having a lot more photopass photographers all around the park. When Galaxy's Edge came out a lot of CMs spoke about how their photopass coworkers were let go.
Interesting you’d think they would have more so they could sell the service more to guests alongside more on ride photos, Disneyland got its ways to go to catch up to all the fees Disney World loves to throw at guests 😉

PiratesMansion

Interesting you’d think they would have more so they could sell the service more to guests alongside more on ride photos, Disneyland got its ways to go to catch up to all the fees Disney World loves to throw at guests 😉
With many more locals, there aren't nearly as many people interested in something like PhotoPass as you would see at WDW.

Even pre-2019 cuts there were never a ton of Photopass photographers in the park.

PiratesMansion

Another surprise for a WDWer, there’s no button on the Disneyland to leave Cast Compliments. To do so now would I have to go to City Hall?
There are a number of Guest Relations locations throughout the park in addition to City Hall (you can find them on the app). While I have never tried to do so myself, I imagine you can also attempt to leave Cast Compliments at those locations also.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They will put their park icons on everything except a mini replica/ figure. I guess it costs less to just put the image on a shirt or hat. Much cheaper to produce and bigger profit margins. Still don’t understand why they got rid of the attractions posters on Demand at Disneyana though.

Would love a little mini talking skull. Looks like the best time to be a collector during the modern era was during Disneyland’s 50th. A lot of that Kevin n Jody stuff is great. I missed the boat and now all of that (re)sells for like 10x retail.

0ABC7423-3E2C-4A5D-9619-447AAFB9CA7E.jpeg

tcool123

Rode every ride at the resort except for the trolley at DCA, and the canoes, sailing ship, star wars land stuff! Gotta say the Fantasyland dark rides are full of charm! A special shout out to the cast member at City Hall who gave us anytime anywhere lighting lanes so we seamlessly got onto Pan and Alice without a wait. In order to celebrate @Californian Elitist took your advice and got myself a corn dog!

05ABA052-5779-4AA8-841B-44777FAE90CC.jpeg

Time to relax and eventually have fried chicken for dinner :)

Californian Elitist

Rode every ride at the resort except for the trolley at DCA, and the canoes, sailing ship, star wars land stuff! Gotta say the Fantasyland dark rides are full of charm! A special shout out to the cast member at City Hall who gave us anytime anywhere lighting lanes so we seamlessly got onto Pan and Alice without a wait. In order to celebrate @Californian Elitist took your advice and got myself a corn dog!

View attachment 658733

Time to relax and eventually have fried chicken for dinner :)
YUS!!! I hope I didn’t hype it up for you too much.

Wow, you’ve been extremely lucky on this trip.

tcool123

YUS!!! I hope I didn’t hype it up for you too much.

Wow, you’ve been extremely lucky on this trip.
System seemed to glitch again…those lightening lanes havent left my account and I think I have another situation similar to Friday where I can ride any ride with them 😅

Praying the luck continues to this night for Disneyland Forever and Fantasmic!

Disney Analyst

System seemed to glitch again…those lightening lanes havent left my account and I think I have another situation similar to Friday where I can ride any ride with them 😅

Praying the luck continues to this night for Disneyland Forever and Fantasmic!

Try and get centred for Fantasmic, I believe the side fountains are still off.

CaptinEO

They had Maxpass which got you unlimited photos and fastpass via phone as an upcharge so it was a cost savings to reduce their photographers.

tcool123

Will do my best! Thanks for the heads up appreciate it!

For Disneyland Forever, if it happens would front of the caslte be smart to jump into Frontierland quickly?
Update:

Saw Disneyland Forever, but the castle projector was broken. Not sure how that is allowed to happen seems like a major component of the show. It was a nice show but that was very disappointing, but my good luck streak had to come to an end plus I did get to see it so thats what counts. Now in the Fantasmic seated section of the show!

2B9578B6-8C46-4EDA-A0C6-EBD78457E735.jpeg

7DAB7B17-0668-4E7E-AE70-88BBE1569DA8.jpeg

My mom joined me tonight and vetoed the Fried Chicken idea she wanted Bengal BBQ again so I obliged 😅

tcool123

Final thoughts, as a first timer I do think Disneyland Resort lives up to the ideals of Disney and the magic expected for it. Like many point out the little things add more magic like the roaming characters which are thought were so charming, and delightful to meet. The wide variety of attractions reflect both Classic and Modern Disney, and honestly none of them are a dud although Sumbarine Voyage but the kinetics and ambience it adds to the area gives it a huge benefit. There is the issue of the maintenance which became obvious today as many dolls on Small World were nonoperational, the lack of castle projections, the steamboat nonoperational for Fantasmic, and for some reason Pinocchio’s eye lids in the first scene of the ride dropped so he looked jaded as well a Californian 😉

We should be grateful for Avengers Campus, the alternative could have been a Marvel Tomorrowland. Namor from Wakanda Forever Sumbarines, Guardians Space Mountain, Iron Man Flight and the Ant-Man ride from Hong Kong, etc. Avengers Campus was secretly a blessing for a brighter future in Tomorrowland.

My top three attractions property wide have been
1. Indiana Jones Adventure
2. Space Mountain (HATE Florida’s so it’s ironic)
3. Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

World of Color and Fantasmic are the strongest shows Disney has domestically, and I cant wait to have my Fantasmic fix in Florida reopen.

To top off the magic I got a bucket list wish granted: ride Space Mountain with the lights on! The ride pulled an estop, and suddenly all the lights turned on; they let us ride through the mountain to the end with the lights on and gave us a second run right there n then!

Finaly I want to thank all of you for your help these last few months on answering questions, and being great guides for the park! Y’all have helped make my Disneyland lag of my trip amazing, and a great start to my Los Angeles/Hollywood I’m about to embark on. One last thing, if y’all have any restaurant recommendations in the Hollywood area or Santa Monica Id be happy to hear them :)

Total Miles: 11.4 Miles Walked
  • City Hall
  • Leftside of Main Street
  • Main Street Vehicles - Omnibus
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Monorail
  • Space Mountain LL at 10:50 AM
  • Lunch at Galactic Grill
  • Autopia LL at 11:20 AM
  • Meet Mickey Mouse
  • it’s a small world LL at 11:25 AM
  • Storybookland River Canal Boats
  • Alice in Wonderland LL
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Peter Pan’s Flight LL
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
  • Apple and Cherry Lemonade Slushies
  • Casey Jr Circus Tain
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish LL
  • Millennium Falcon LL
  • Passionfruit Mint Julep
  • Jungle Cruise LL
  • The Royal Theater: Beauty and the Beast
  • Meet The Evil Queen
  • Meet Flynn and Rapunzel
  • Dumbo
  • Meet Darth Vader
  • Space Mountain LL
  • Indiana Jones LL
  • Dinner at Bengal BBQ
  • Indiana Jones LL
  • Disneyland Forever at 9:30
  • Fantasmic! at 10:30
  • Space Mountain LL
  • Space Mountain Reride
  • Mr Toads Wild Rode
  • Pinocchio
  • Space Mountain LL

Last edited:

tcool123

Also realized I didn’t mention Downtown Disney! We experienced it on Thursday after leaving our bags at the hotel, Best Western Park Place. Love whatever topiary event is going on, and LOVED seeing Isabella as I see myself in her and seeing her getting more love brings me so much joy. The topiary’s pose looks like Isabella is controlling the fountain which is flower shaped, brilliant planning and one of those details I love from Disney. The wall of flags was great to see as well as I got to take a picture with my flag, the Cuban one to be clear as that is my heritage. The first half of Downtown Disney is cozy and blends in well with the Californian which creates this laid back and relaxed feel, this was helped by the latin? inspired background music with “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” and other Encanto pieces being unexpected delightful surprises. The latter half of Downtown Disney, I’m calling it the Monorail section, was disjointed in terms of theme. The LEGO store, pin shop, Star Wars base and the soul gallery all just existed and were all nice on their own but combined ehhh it can be weak. Excited to see the finished product for the expansion looks like, might just be me as a tourist but I love the concept art. Lastly that Soul gallery is pathetic in comparison to Florida’s, but the collection of Dixieland at Disneyland memorabilia made a worth a stop in for me.

Californian Elitist

@tcool123 In terms of restaurants, what kind of food are you looking for? While not exactly in Hollywood, but on the cusp, I would recommend visiting Original Farmers Market on 3rd and Fairfax. It’s a 1930s food court with dozens of different food choices. The Grove (outdoor shopping mall) is attached to it and is nice to walk through.

I can try and recommend more once I get a feel of the kind of food you’re looking for. Oh, and if you happen to consider stopping by In-N-Out, let us know so we can suggest how you should order your food.

If you’re going to the Walk of Fame, keep your expectations extremely low. It’s not a sight to behold, trust me.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

If you’re going to the Walk of Fame, keep your expectations extremely low. It’s not a sight to behold, trust me.
This.@tcool123 I cannot overstate the importance of setting your expectations low. But if you’re going to Hollywood I might suggest Mozza on Highland for Italian. There’s a Pizzeria and a more formal Osteria. Both are great for fine dining style Italian food and usually require reservations. Also as @Californian Elitist mentioned the Grove offers quite a bit of options that are convenient and accessible.

I don’t know Santa Monica that well but the promenade has your standard fair with many of my preferred choice being up PCH to the North. For seafood/casual you can’t go wrong with Duke’s in Malibu (sit down, beachcomber style) or Neptune’s Net (fried seafood pick up near the beach) in you’re in that area. For very upscale there always Mastros ocean club for steak and seafood. And of course the famous NoBu for sushi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom