The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

lazyboy97o

If they ever decide they want to make a single IP land based off classic Disney animation the obvious choices are Neverland or Wonderland. Neverland would be a great Fantasyland/ Adventureland hybrid for a new park. I guess not unlike Pandora.
They considered both, well Fairies instead of Peter, for what is now Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom.

You kind of get the Neverland experience at Disneyland Paris in Adventureland with Adventure Isle, Skull Rock and the pirate ship right there near Peter Pan’s Flight and Pirates of the Caribbean.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They considered both, well Fairies instead of Peter, for what is now Storybook Circus at the Magic Kingdom.

I’m guessing either would have been better but fairies ? Im guessing that wouldn’t be based on the Neverland we know from the original film.

mickEblu

Original Poster

You kind of get the Neverland experience at Disneyland Paris in Adventureland with Adventure Isle, Skull Rock and the pirate ship right there near Peter Pan’s Flight and Pirates of the Caribbean.

True but that’s more reminiscent of a Alice in Wonderland mini land like we have at Disneyland. I want to see a Neverland on the scale of Pandora

lazyboy97o

I’m guessing either would have been better but fairies ? Im guessing that wouldn’t be based on the Neverland we know from the original film.
Based on the direct-to-video movies based on toys. Surprising they didn’t do it.
True but that’s more reminiscent of a Alice in Wonderland mini land like we have at Disneyland. I want to see a Neverland on the scale of Pandora
It’s much more than the dark ride and spinner being close together like at Disneyland. It’s a whole Tom Sawyer Island type experience with the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse there as well in a cohesively designed environment. I’d much rather spend time in just that corner of Disneyland Paris than Pandora.

Sharon&Susan

If they ever decide they want to make a single IP land based off classic Disney animation the obvious choices are Neverland or Wonderland. Neverland would be a great Fantasyland/ Adventureland hybrid for a new park. I guess not unlike Pandora.
Does the Peter Pan area is TDS not count because it's apart of the bigger Fantasy Springs?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Based on the direct-to-video movies based on toys. Surprising they didn’t do it.

It’s much more than the dark ride and spinner being close together like at Disneyland. It’s a whole Tom Sawyer Island type experience with the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse there as well in a cohesively designed environment. I’d much rather spend time in just that corner of Disneyland Paris than Pandora.

Fair enough. But the comparison wasn’t between the two.

Sharon&Susan

I don’t know. Being that the land is comprised of two other IPs I doubt it’s at the scale I’m imagining but I’m sure it will be nice.
I'm not sure about the total size of the area, but the Neverland volcanos are at an impressive scale.
1612507476138.png

Rich T

My choice between the two would be Wonderland, because it could be visually incredible, but I also believe a Radiator Springs-sized Zootopia would be amazing and a huge, crowd-pleasing, merch-selling success. The problem is that, without its residents, Zootopia is just a city, and CMs in costumes won’t cut it. They’d have to create dozens and dozens of AAs visible from the streets and make the land as Kinetic as Super Nintendo World. Of course, they could always cheap out and do something small at Animal Kingdom. Oh...

Rich T

It’s at this point that you lost me. Lol!
Figured I would! :D But I’d be all-in for a 3rd park based entirely around the New Classics that lend themselves to complete lands like Zootopia, Moana, and Coco ... and even some good films that are still steadily building their fanbases and have great sequel potential like Onward and Big Hero Six.

Mac Tonight

Figured I would! :D But I’d be all-in for a 3rd park based entirely around the New Classics that lend themselves to complete lands like Zootopia, Moana, and Coco ... and even some good films that are still steadily building their fanbases and have great sequel potential like Onward and Big Hero Six.
For me, complete lands dedicated to one property (ahem...GE...) should not be the way forward for Disney parks.
1) They're deceptively limiting to what you can pull off
2) The property should have to prove it can stand the test of time (so nothing made in the last 10 years)
3) You run into the problem of choosing which property is more "deserving" over another, and that's subjective
4) Spacial limitations prohibit you from doing it to every successful property that comes along.

The reason Carsland works as well as it does, is because cars in and of themselves, are a universal concept, so someone can perfectly enjoy (and understand) the "world" they're in, even if they haven't seen the movies.

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my Disneyland lands to be centered around an actual theme rather than a property.

mickEblu

Original Poster

I Wouldn’t hate it for a 3rd park or if that was the motif. Just wouldn’t want to see it in any existing park stateside

mickEblu

Original Poster
For me, complete lands dedicated to one property (ahem...GE...) should not be the way forward for Disney parks.
2) The property should have to prove it can stand the test of time (so nothing made in the last 10 years)
3) You run into the problem of choosing which property is more "deserving" over another, and that's subjective
4) Spacial limitations prohibit you from doing it to every successful property that comes along.

The reason Carsland works as well as it does, is because cars in and of themselves, are a universal concept, so someone can perfectly enjoy (and understand) the "world" they're in, even if they haven't seen the movies.

Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my Disneyland lands to be centered around an actual theme rather than a property.

Agree. On the bit about Cars Land I think it works so well because it’s aesthetically pleasing, whimsical and plays on our nostalgia for old school Americana. Which Disney is best at. Personally i enjoy the land more without the big cartoon cars on the street.

Mac Tonight

Agree. On the bit about Cars Land I think it works so well because it’s aesthetically pleasing, whimsical and plays on our nostalgia for old school Americana. Which Disney is best at. Personally i enjoy the land more without the big cartoon cars on the street.
Exactly. You get instant recognizability and therefore, comfort (also nostalgia) that isn't reliant on someone having seen every film in the series in order to "get" it. Can't really say that about Star Wars, or even Marvel.

Rich T

Totally agree. We’re just having fun with a “What if” game in this instance.

Rich T

Started working on a Wild Mouse/dark ride in Planco. I think you can see where I’m going with this. All Meeses Go To Heck!
403E081D-FB8C-48BD-A3CF-287ABE96106A.png
5B7CB572-4B99-4618-A15E-F675A4BC0C72.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom