The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

Did the world really need an entire Netflix series based on Go, Dog. Go! ???
(Watches 1st Episode)
Dogs going places. Check.
Dog Party in a tree. Check.
“Do you like my hat?” dog. Check.
Hedge Maze. Check.
Dogs on a blimp. Check.
P.D. Eastman birds. Check.
Stamp of approval. Childhood not destroyed.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Do you guys think there is any chance Disneyland could reopen by April?
Great America up here in the Bay Area is shooting for a May 22nd opening date with optimism that Santa Clara County will reach the yellow tier by then allowing them to open with 25% capacity.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/great-america-sets-reopening-date/2455156/

I doubt after last summer Disney is going to be willing to set any hard dates, but I'm sure if Orange Country starts working its way up the tiers they will start making necessary preparations in anticipation. Only time will tell.

Sharon&Susan

Geez, it's him again with a new thread. :rolleyes:

And now he's creating a narrative about being "censored" by the mods for "telling the truth". His old thread totally wasn't deleted because he was reviving his own dead thread at whatever opportunity he could find and being combative with all the other forum members.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So I got a massage on Sunday and the creme the masseuse was using smelled like either the water on Pirates or the Blue Bayou. Which then occurred to me that the Blue Bayou smells like a particular herb tastes. Watercress I believe. Can anyone relate? Or even know what watercress tastes/ smells like. I think I put it in a green juice once.

SuddenStorm

So I got a massage on Sunday and the creme the masseuse was using smelled like either the water on Pirates or the Blue Bayou. Which then occurred to me that the Blue Bayou smells like a particular herb tastes. Watercress I believe. Can anyone relate? Or even know what watercress tastes/ smells like. I think I put it in a green juice once.

I didn't realize mildew was considered an 'herb' 🤣

But in all seriousness I've never had watercress but if it smells like pirates might be worth seeking out as a novelty.

Sailor310

I just ran into this documentary about Walt on YouTube, ,

Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism of Walt Disney​

It's from 2016, so everyone here might have already seen it, but I hadn't and it's one of the better documentaries I've seen.

Mac Tonight

This is my go-to Pirates scented candle.

mickEblu

Original Poster
This is my go-to Pirates scented candle.

Nice! Is it close? I can’t believe I haven’t bought one of these yet ... in any brand. Have you tried Magic candle Co? They seem to be popular

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Nice! Is it close? I can’t believe I haven’t been one of these yet ... in any brand. Have you tried Magic candle Co? They seem to be popular
The smell is more reminiscent of the cannonball firing scene before you turn into the town, but it's very nostalgic.

I think I got the Magic Candle Co's Walter's Office as a gift last year. It smells great. I haven't burned it yet. Sometimes just lifting the lid off for a few hours gets the smell to fill the room.

DrAlice

Did the world really need an entire Netflix series based on Go, Dog. Go! ???
(Watches 1st Episode)
Dogs going places. Check.
Dog Party in a tree. Check.
“Do you like my hat?” dog. Check.
Hedge Maze. Check.
Dogs on a blimp. Check.
P.D. Eastman birds. Check.
Stamp of approval. Childhood not destroyed.
My kid won't stop watching this. Send help.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Memories... of a time when the Disney Channel wasn’t just part of the noise...

I remember those times. When The Disney Channel wasn't just for kids and showed more adult-oriented movies in the evenings. It was also a time when the channel was premium and you had to pay extra for it à la carte like HBO or Showtime. If I remember correctly the channel became a standard part of a cable package around the turn of the millennium.

The other night I threw the channel on while I was doing other things, and horrendous programming aside, realized that the structure of commercials has changed drastically. There were never standard product and toy commercials on that channel in the past and only advertised themselves. Now you get a toy or snack commercial (let's use Gogurt as an example) and at the end of the commercial they will say "Gogurt is a proud sponsor of Disney Channel". Is that to try and make it sound like they are not selling out and are somehow picky about who they select as sponsors? When did they start selling out anyway? Is Disney that desperate for money now that they have to be paid by sponsors on their own channel? Don't they make enough from sponsorship on their other networks like ABC and ESPN? It kinda ruins the specialness that The Disney Channel once had.

Side note: Fergie was one of my early childhood crushes when she was on Kids Incorporated.

PiratesMansion

I remember those times. When The Disney Channel wasn't just for kids and showed more adult-oriented movies in the evenings. It was also a time when the channel was premium and you had to pay extra for it à la carte like HBO or Showtime. If I remember correctly the channel became a standard part of a cable package around the turn of the millennium.

The other night I threw the channel on while I was doing other things, and horrendous programming aside, realized that the structure of commercials has changed drastically. There were never standard product and toy commercials on that channel in the past and only advertised themselves. Now you get a toy or snack commercial (let's use Gogurt as an example) and at the end of the commercial they will say "Gogurt is a proud sponsor of Disney Channel". Is that to try and make it sound like they are not selling out and are somehow picky about who they select as sponsors? When did they start selling out anyway? Is Disney that desperate for money now that they have to be paid by sponsors on their own channel? Don't they make enough from sponsorship on their other networks like ABC and ESPN? It kinda ruins the specialness that The Disney Channel once had.

Side note: Fergie was one of my early childhood crushes when she was on Kids Incorporated.
I would have actually preferred commercials over that same "Disney Channel celebrates KIDS and THEIR HOBBIES! etc" dreck that played on an endless loop in the early 2000's. Less irritating and more straightforward to me at the time.

mickEblu

Original Poster
If they ever decide they want to make a single IP land based off classic Disney animation the obvious choices are Neverland or Wonderland. Neverland would be a great Fantasyland/ Adventureland hybrid for a new park. I guess not unlike Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom