The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Better not take the chance, get there at 4am and be the first in line....

On another note I’m starting to think the Ebay scalper prices are worth it. If you re patient you can usually find one on eBay that is maybe $15-$30 more than the sticker price, depending on how many were made. Sounds better than waking up really early and waiting in line for a couple hours. Of course that’s not considering the added perk of waking up early - having Disneyland to “yourself” for a few hours.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
On another note I’m starting to think the Ebay scalper prices are worth it. If you re patient you can usually find one on eBay that is maybe $15-$30 more than the sticker price, depending on how many were made. Sounds better than waking up really early and waiting in line for a couple hours. Of course that’s not considering the added perk of waking up early - having Disneyland to “yourself” for a few hours.

I think this is worth not having to spend the extra money. Plus you have the added benefit of not having to wait or pay for shipping.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It's a gamble for me. I remember getting there around 10:30 for the Tiki Room Pop, got it around 11:30, then walked back past Wonderland Gallery after dropping it off at my car around 12, and there was no line and they still had plenty in stock. Of course, I also then found them at my local Pop shop in town the following week for maybe $10 above sticker price.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Lol. Dammit! Here we go again.

They re popping these out quick now. Pun intended. Thanks for the heads up!
I wonder if this will this be a “stroll in at noon and their will still be some” situation or a “you better get there at the crack of dawn” situation. I’ve kind of experienced both now with the abominable snow man and enchanted tiki room pops.

Forgot to mention. I really like that they went with the single file DL logs. Further cementing the fact that DL has the superior Splash Mountain. Also do you notice that when they only pick 2 out of 3 Splash characters for merch they always leave out Brer Fox? Guess it makes sense since Brer Bear is the most visually appealing and Brer Rabbit is the protagonist.

SuddenStorm

They made way to many of those Tiki Room pops- they're still there as of last Tuesday.

Wish there was a way to know which ones will be limited and sell out ASAP, or ones that will sit on shelves weeks after they come out.

I'm not POP dude, but that Splash Mountain one is tempting- if only to help encourage Disney to roll out more Splash Mountain merchandise.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They made way to many of those Tiki Room pops- they're still there as of last Tuesday.

Wish there was a way to know which ones will be limited and sell out ASAP, or ones that will sit on shelves weeks after they come out.

I'm not POP dude, but that Splash Mountain one is tempting- if only to help encourage Disney to roll out more Splash Mountain merchandise.

Yeah the Splash one is my favorite yet. Makes me wonder why they didn’t release the Mr. Toad pop in his vehicle. Their isn’t anything about the figure itself that has anything to do with the attraction.

I’m not really a pop guy either, more of a parks exclusive guy. And yes it would be nice to know that we don’t have to wake up at an ungodly hour and wait in a 2 hour line.

disneyC97

Hey @mickEblu see you on August 25th :)

28027_DisneyParks_SplashMountain_PopRide_GLAM_large.png

View attachment 303181View attachment 303182
Ugh I want one of these!

SuddenStorm

Reddit is saying that the Melvin, Buff, and Max busts in the Pooh ride are from the Mile Long Bar (that closed in the '80s) and not the actual Jamboree.

I had always heard it as them being from the Jamboree- does anyone have more info? I've found conflicting stuff online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom