The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This is not the normal for me but I want to be honest wtih you all for a minute if I can. I want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your families. If there is one thing I am thankful for this year is this site and all of you, even the ones I don't always agree with. You guys have helped me keep my sanity and fight off my boredom during this pandemic. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:

DrAlice

This is not the normal for me but I want to be honest wtih you all for a minute if I can. I want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your families. If there is one thing I am thankful for this year is this site and all of you, even the ones I don't always agree with. You guys have helped me keep my sanity and fight off my boredom during this pandemic. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rich T

Man, the Disneyland side of this site has really died with the parks being closed. this is sad
Well, post something before I post more Planet Coaster screenshots! 😃But yeah, aside from non-Disney happenings in the area, there’s just not much news coming out.

Time for everyone to get more creative, nostalgic and/or speculative!

What worries me is that when DL does reopen, the company—having stewed and percolated all this time over its spreadsheets—will have doubled down on its “Everything Walt’s People Created That’s Not a Princess is Outdated and Non-Instagrammable and Not a Help to Our Executive Careers” trajectory.

LastoneOn

Going to be tough to give up a few of them for Christmas presents.

image017.jpg

Rich T

View attachment 515998
Lol!!! I keep ordering Starbucks Via Ice Coffee powder in bulk from Amazon, and the little boxes they come packed in are so sturdy and well-designed that I’ve now accumulated five of them, because they’ve gotta be perfect for something, right? I mean, *besides* holding Ice Coffee packets...

smooch

View attachment 515998
I have a habit of keeping a decent amount of the cardboard boxes I get my records delivered in. I have some of the sturdiest ones saved in case I ever sell any records online so I have a box made specifically to protect a record during transit so I don't have to deal with a buyer receiving a broken record. I also take some of the thinner boxes and remove any pieces of tape / stickers with delivery info and let my dog chew on the cardboard, he likes to take cardboard and tear it to pieces, he will literally take a bite of a piece and spit it to the side, I watch him in case he tries to eat a piece but never has, and he does somethings similar by peeling fuzz off of tennis balls. The cleanup definitely takes a while to grab each and every piece, but he really really enjoys it so I don't mind. I definitely do have a nice collection of cardboard boxes saved in my garage / in my closet though, who knows when you'll need them!

LastoneOn

let my dog chew on the cardboard, he likes to take cardboard and tear it to pieces, he will literally take a bite of a piece and spit it to the side, I watch him in case he tries to eat a piece but never has, and he does somethings similar by peeling fuzz off of tennis balls.
Dogs really do dig the cardboard. Just enough resistance I guess, that rip and tear thing. The fuzz nibbling. Yeah, I've watched that. And us humans think we do weird things right?

Rich T

Just started reading “Ready Player Two.” Didn’t realize till just now it had been released.

A few pages in, I thought, “Hang on. This is like the movie “Brainstorm.” But then—same page—the main character acknowledged the movie “Brainstorm,” so it’s okay. 😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom