The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

smooch

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it! 21 is a great age.

Thank you! I know the rest of this year is gonna be a very scary and weird time most likely but I'm going to try and enjoy it as much as I can. At least I'm gonna be able to work from home, do online classes for my last semester at community college, and hang with friends and visit my girlfriend in her new apartment in Napa once she moves next week. It's gonna feel really weird at the store tomorrow buying alcohol, I have a total baby face and even got carded at an 18+ event a few months ago because they thought I was so young.

Californian Elitist

Well, it's midnight so happy birthday to me, the big 21! Didn't expect to still be in quarantine for my birthday when this all began but here we are. At least I'm looking forward to going to the store later, having a handful of close friends over, and from now on browsing the forums at night with a cocktail in hand like @TP2000 🤣 . Also it's been almost a year since I've made my account, a little over a year since I started lurking, and I just wanted to thank everyone for the good times. I love checking in here and appreciate all the conversations I've had with everyone here!

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it as much and as best as you can.♥️

NateD1226

Well, it's midnight so happy birthday to me, the big 21! Didn't expect to still be in quarantine for my birthday when this all began but here we are. At least I'm looking forward to going to the store later, having a handful of close friends over, and from now on browsing the forums at night with a cocktail in hand like @TP2000 🤣 . Also it's been almost a year since I've made my account, a little over a year since I started lurking, and I just wanted to thank everyone for the good times. I love checking in here and appreciate all the conversations I've had with everyone here!
Happy Birthday!!

Curious Constance

Very happy birthday to you!!!! Hope you have a great year!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Happy Life Day

Communicora

Premium Member
Cheers, @Smooch ! I hope you had a great birthday.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Happy birthday! I remember midnight on my 21st really well. My friends and I were on the 15 somewhere between Baker and the Cal/Nev state line on our way to Vegas. When the clock struck midnight we opened the moon roof and yelled at the top of our lungs. Hopefully you'll get to do something fun soon!

smooch

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! While I didn't get to do anything like go to Vegas or even do a bar crawl I did have a couple friends over to swim / chill in the hot tub and have some drinks. Thankfully I was able to get today off from my Zoom meetings for work so I didn't have to wake up at 9:00 AM 🤣 . Hopefully I can do something a little bigger to celebrate eventually but we'll have to just wait and see. Again I appreciate all the birthday wishes and hope everyone is doing well!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Can anyone like @Darkbeer1 breakdown what was in a tuna sandwich at the old Chicken of the Sea Pirate ship restaurant? What kind of bread -white, wheat? Was the tuna packed in oil or water? Anything else in the sandwich other than mayo? I’m assuming the bread was not toasted. Side of pickles?

Also, Anyone have the hot tuna pie? Not sure I’ve ever seen 3 words that go worse together.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Can anyone like @Darkbeer1 breakdown what was in a tuna sandwich at the old Chicken of the Sea Pirate ship restaurant? What kind of bread -white, wheat? Was the tuna packed in oil or water? Anything else in the sandwich other than mayo? I’m assuming the bread was not toasted. Side of pickles?

Also, Anyone have the hot tuna pie? Not sure I’ve ever seen 3 words that go worse together.

Here you go.

Stevek

Happy Birthday! My oldest daughter turns 21 a month from today. We were going to do Vegas but that's not happening. Maybe an air BnB in Palm Springs in September as she wants us to take her to the Reef...she's always wanted to go to a tiki bar beyond Sam's. I feel bad for so many of the teens that missed the traditional graduation or 21 year olds that are not going to have the same type of celebration that others have had. We did promise my daughter, and her friends that are also turning 21, that we'll do a massive blowout in Vegas next year if/when it's reasonably safe.

Last edited:

Stevek

They recently had a free burger with drink purchase deal going for new people on their app. Not sure if it's still a thing but worth checking out.
We used it, nice perk. I'll take Habit over pretty much any major FF chain burger, including the incredibly overrated In N Out (I like their burgers, the fries suck). They just opened one recently here in South Corona...which unfortunately closed this weekend due to an employee getting the covid. I used to go to the one in Irvine close to my (now permanently closed) office on a pretty regular basis.

Last edited:

Stevek

The only good thing about Subway are the cheap deals, like $5 Footlongs.

Love Jersey Mike's.

Firehouse Subs is pretty good.

Arby's for its Roast Beef, or for my wife, Beef & Cheddar.

Also Jimmy John's.

@Darkbeer1 Have you been to Ike's Love and Sandwiches yet? One in Tustin at the District, another in Newport just south of the airport and I believe one in Long Beach. Literally made me jump off the Jersey Mike's bandwagon...not jump, fly, leap, sprint...Dutch Crunch bread for the win. Best sandwich I've ever had, by a mile. We thankfully have one reasonably close to us in Chino. Outside of them, I agree with your first 2 above, Jersey and Firehouse. Jimmy John's not nearly as good as my mid west loyal fans made it out to be.

smooch

Happy Birthday! My oldest daughter turns 21 a month from today. We were going to do Vegas but that's not happening. Maybe an air BnB in Palm Springs in September as she wants us to take her to the Reef...she's always wanted to go to a tiki bar beyond Sam's. I feel bad for so many of the teens that missed the traditional graduation or 21 year olds that are not going to have the same type of celebration that others have had. We did promise my daughter, and her friends that are also turning 21, that we'll do a massive blowout in Vegas next year if/when it's reasonably safe.

Happy almost birthday to your daughter! I agree it is really sad about all the experiences teens especially missed this year like prom or graduation or even getting to see their high school friends in person for the rest of the year because I know I cherish a lot of the times towards the end of my senior year with people I never saw outside of school. Palm Springs sounds fun! My family has a cabin in Lake Tahoe we have gone up to as a little getaway during quarantine, we don't go to the actual lake just a small lake with almost nobody around it that's near the house so we are able to fully distance. I know my twin brother wanted to go to Vegas for our 21st together but now we are trying to see if we'll even go down in the future, hopefully we will but I'm not sure at this point when that would even be. It's funny, I am just disappointed that now if I go out to dinner with my family or girlfriend or whatever I can't order a drink with my meal since restaurants are closed here. It sounds like a weird / silly thing to be sad about but I guess I was looking forward to it and now I can't.

Darkbeer1

We used it, nice perk. I'll take Habit over pretty much any major FF chain burger, including the incredibly overrated In N Out (I like their burgers, the fries suck). They just opened one recently here in South Corona...which unfortunately closed this weekend due to an employee getting the covid. I used to go to the one in Irvine close to my (now permanently closed) office on a pretty regular basis.

You do understand that The Habit is owned by YUM, the company that also runs the Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut Chains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom