The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

The fact that most hardcore Disneyland fans, aka Doom n’ Gloomers, aka the HOB, are in favor in a Tomorrowland renovation to me shows that most of “us” are not afraid of change or too fixated on nostalgia but onky want quality additions that jive with the rest of the park.
Yes! All we want is GOOD change!!! Creative change designed by people who actually spend time in the parks!

Rich T

Is that crane always there 365 days a year? You would think they would figure out a way to hide that.
They should just make an animated musical about a Giant Crane. Then they can paint a face on the real crane and the crane will be part of the "Disney Magic!" and become the most photographed crane on the planet. And Disney can sell plush cranes for $45.

George Lucas on a Bench

The fact that most hardcore Disneyland fans, aka Doom n’ Gloomers, aka the HOB, are in favor of a Tomorrowland renovation to me shows that most of “us” are not afraid of change or too fixated on nostalgia but only want quality additions that jive with the rest of the park.

I can admit TL is pretty much of a disaster, but I just expect it to be no better when Disney does anything with it. All they seem to know how to do is add SW and Pixar stuff.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I can admit TL is pretty much of a disaster, but I just expect it to be no better when Disney does anything with it. All they seem to know how to do is add SW and Pixar stuff.

The hope is they balance out all the IP, with an original/ fresh TL. But you re right, it’s not very realistic. Aesthetically, I don’t see how it CANT be upgraded though, probably at the expense of some charm but hey.

No Name

Is that crane always there 365 days a year? You would think they would figure out a way to hide that.

The world's largest entertainment company finally decided / figured out how to take The Crane down during operating hours. But yeah from 2006 to 2016 it would bomb photos for a number of weeks every year. Disney used to crop it out of their photopass photos which kind of gave people more incentive to buy.

Follow it on twitter: https://twitter.com/wdw_crane?lang=en

Last edited:

Phroobar

The world's largest entertainment company finally decided / figured out how to take The Crane down during operating hours. But yeah from 2006 to 2016 it would bomb photos for a number of weeks every year. Disney used to crop it out of their photopass photos which kind of gave people more incentive to buy.

Follow it on twitter: https://twitter.com/wdw_crane?lang=en
What kind of Mickey Mouse operation would permanently park a crane behind the icon of their entire company? They can't even put up a real wall around it!

D

Deleted member 107043

There must be a way to permanently install or discretely embed lighting within the Castle's walls so that they don't have to pull out the giant crane each year.

mickEblu

Original Poster
IASW needs a major renovation. Visually it could be a lot more impressive. Ceilings and walls need some love. It should feel like a Mary Blair painting comets life.

Nland316

IASW needs a major renovation. Visually it could be a lot more impressive. Ceilings and walls need some love. It should feel like a Mary Blair painting comets life.
The facade needs some paint too. Would people mind if it were to receive the new Tokyo color scheme? I don’t quite know what it is, but something about it really appeals to me... I’ll admit that I even like it more than the classic white/gold.

Attachments

• B418CF1E-D1A2-47AF-BB45-EC389E6ABFD3.jpeg
    B418CF1E-D1A2-47AF-BB45-EC389E6ABFD3.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 44

mickEblu

Original Poster
The facade needs some paint too. Would people mind if it were to receive the new Tokyo color scheme? I don’t quite know what it is, but something about it really appeals to me... I’ll admit that I even like it more than the classic white/gold.

It’s nice but I prefer our classic color scheme. I wonder if they’ll give this attraction some much needed updates.

George Lucas on a Bench

Looks like it fell into a vat of chemicals like Jack Napier.

SuddenStorm

And, here's an excellent video of the abandoned Ice Machine effect in Indiana Jones. Effect is at about 5 min 10 seconds.

That's gotta be one of the more unique elements I've ever seen in a Disney ride. It's a shame it didn't last longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom