The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Curious Constance

I got an email saying I could receive a $25 Disney gift card if I complete a Disney vacation club, 20 minute, online guided phone tour.

Has anyone ever done this? Will I have to speak to a human for 20 minutes about timeshares? If so, I'm out.

TragicMike

LTTP but can someone explain why Disneyland Paris is getting so much attention/expansion? I don't think lack of attractions was why that park failed (and why its attendance keeps falling every year) but rather the fact that Europeans saw DLP as a piece of Corporate American Imperialism tarnishing one of the most romantic and prideful cities in the world. Is slapping on more American IP's in Star Wars, Frozen and Marvel supposed to fix that image?

D

Deleted member 107043

LTTP but can someone explain why Disneyland Paris is getting so much attention/expansion?

My guess is because The WDCo fully owns the resort now and, unlike the previous majority owners, is willing to take more risks investing in the place to boost attendance.

The_Mesh_Hatter

All the changes they're doing for capacity are exciting me. It appears that the new Dumbo queue snakes behind the ride instead of off to the side in front of it, across from Toad. This probably means you'll no longer be able to walk completely around the ride unless you are queuing. The area behind Dumbo has always been a nice recluse, since there's never any point in going there. Also, it has a nice pipe organ vignette. I'd imagine it's preserved, and it will hopefully be integrated nicely into the new (covered) queue. It's always sad to get rid of quiet corners, but I'm all for it if it means freeing up choke points. I expect stroller parking will be relocated to that corner as well.

This project is a more drastic transformation that I expected. These things need to be addressed before Star War Land open, so it's encouraging to see these kinds of investments. The Adventureland shuffle with the stroller parking has seemed to clear up some clutter. The Small World project was a nice surprise. Dumbo reconfiguration is intelligently designed as well. I'm optimistic about the new Space Mountain extended queue. In addition to freeing up standing room, the queuing areas are becoming much more pleasant places to wait.

It will be interesting to see if these micro projects will happen more frequently as 2019 approaches. The rumors about the People Mover track and Tomorrowland rocks being torn out make sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if that obstacle of a platform in front of Cafe Orleans is removed (Fantasmic is just as popular as ever, but it's time to reclaim some of that terrace space). Apparently the Tahitian Terrace location is being used, but I have a feeling there are second guesses about the decision of how exactly to use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom