The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Practical Pig

Hmmmm... the role doesn't need to be gender specific, however she seems like an odd choice.

She certainly raises a question about where they are going with this. But there are all kinds of ways this could play out. I hope they will feature her role in some unique way given the history.

I'll watch. Lost In Space has a small space in my childhood heart. Once a decade or so I still enjoy watching the un-aired original Sci-Fi adventure series pilot, before they added Jonathon Harris' Dr. Smith and The Robot dynamic, and it all led quickly to the camp fest to follow.

Sequeing now, as a general question: Anyone remember the Space Family Robinson comic that preceded LIS by a few years? Both it and LIS were based on The Swiss Family Robinson.

1-1.jpg

After the TV show LIS came out, and it was obvious that it was at least partially based on the comic, and as there had been no license purchased, an arrangement was made to add the TV title to the comic, to avoid litigation, which linked the IPs.

37227095-Space_Family_Robinson_16_.jpg

Coming from a TV to comic, or comic to TV perspective, it was weird and sort of fascinating how the universes coexisted and clashed at the same time. But Damn! I love mid-century pulp Sci-fi covers!

Last edited:

D.Silentu

Looking for advice. Some friends have proposed a day at the parks and are looking at April 14th. I initially agreed, only to later remember that this is only a day after the Pixar festivities begin. I'm wondering, even with Deluxe passes blocked, if crowds are likely to be outrageous that day, thanks to the new fireworks, etc. I appreciate your opinions, thanks.

D.Silentu

Walked right into that one, didn't I? At 23:40 hours my friends and I plan to hold a memorial at the edge of the Rivers of America, concluding with the dumping of complimentary cups of ice (donated by the Hungry Bear) into the river. If the trip date changes, the ceremony will be moved poolside. Location to be named at a later time.

Last edited:

Antaundra

I thought this was Encyclopedia Disneylandia Titanica.
Did you go to the traveling titanic exhibit back in 1998? I went to it when it was at Paramounts Great America in San Jose. The main focus was a huge walk through exhibit that featured sets, costumes, and props from the movie. I think they also showed an IMAX feature that included scenes from the movie and footage of the wreckage. I have pictures from it somewhere at my moms house. Every time you quote Titanic I think about going and looking for them.
Basically! Though Seinfeld is my favorite show...cell phones would have ruined it.
Nah cell phones wouldn’t have ruined it. Seinfeld with cell phones is just Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Believe it or not, Parker Posey. They're changing a few things up.

View attachment 267789

Darn I didn’t have any interest in this show but Parker Posey’s involvement will force me to watch it. She’s one of my favorite actresses I’ll watch anything she’s in.

SuddenStorm

Looking for advice. Some friends have proposed a day at the parks and are looking at April 14th. I initially agreed, only to later remember that this is only a day after the Pixar festivities begin. I'm wondering, even with Deluxe passes blocked, if crowds are likely to be outrageous that day, thanks to the new fireworks, etc. I appreciate your opinions, thanks.

The question is, will anything we say change whether or not that's the day you go? If not, don't worry about it. Go and have a good time.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think with deluxes and below blocked you should be fine. I don’t think the Pixar celebration stuff means much of anything to folks outside of APs.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Nah cell phones wouldn’t have ruined it. Seinfeld with cell phones is just Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Cell phones wouldn't have killed the whole show, you're right, just certain episodes.
The Parking Garage comes to mind.

Love Curb too. Only Larry David could get himself into the problems he does.

dweezil78

Any day can be a good day at DL ... if.. you get there for rope drop and have a good park strategy. The busier days IMO are actually even better because the park typically opens at 8am then (4/14 is an 8am open) which gives you a few hours advantage on those who prefer to sleep in and get there a little later. On days where it opens at 10am, for example, the crowd will be much larger at opening.

If you can get everyone there for rope drop and add-on MaxPass, you will have a great day.

Rich T

Can't stress the importance of rope drop. YOU MUST BE THERE BEFORE PARK OPENS.
Absolutely agree. It makes a night-and-day difference in your experience. You can have all the big rides ticked off your list in a couple of hours and then just spent the rest of your day relaxing and playing it by ear. And Disneyland is SO PRETTY first thing in the morning!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Absolutely agree. It makes a night-and-day difference in your experience. You can have all the big rides ticked off your list in a couple of hours and then just spent the rest of your day relaxing and playing it by ear. And Disneyland is SO PRETTY first thing in the morning!
I largely agree with those assessments.
Unfortunately I tend to be a night-owl and will always prefer to do a reverse rope drop and stay until park closing.
I've been able to knock out Pirates, Haunted, and Indy in under half an hour before, simply by staying later. Also, getting to the parks later in the day means much less time dealing with heat and sun.

SuddenStorm

Unfortunately I tend to be a night-owl and will always prefer to do a reverse rope drop and stay until park closing.

The best thing to do is be there for rope drop, and get in line for your last ride right before the park closes. Save shopping for the last hour on Main Street after the park closes.

Tickets are expensive, gotta maximize your time

Rich T

I largely agree with those assessments.
I've been able to knock out Pirates, Haunted, and Indy in under half an hour before, simply by staying later. Also, getting to the parks later in the day means much less time dealing with heat and sun.
I'm a rope-drop-to-after-closing guy. Vacations are *not* for resting! :D

At a minute to park closing, I love to get on one of the very last Pirates boats and then 20 minutes later walk out through a closed and darkened NOS and Adventureland. :)

D.Silentu

Thank you all! I'm far more confident about the 14th with your advice under my belt. The day also has advantages because it seems to be in between the opening of Splash and the closing of the Matterhorn.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom