The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

Feminism is about women’s rights, on the basis of equality of the sexes
-google
To relate to this, it means girls can be feminine and masculine and guys can be feminine and masculine. Since girls being feminine isn’t something looked down upon, feminism probably puts more focus on women being masculine
The problem with this view is it confuses "being equal" with "being the same." This view tears down women in an attempt to create one same instead of two equals. Like I said, completely counter to feminism which, in its ideal form, seeks to build up women.

Just while I'm being political (I'm done after this), I support the POTUS' idea to buy Greenland. Also let's revive Polk's idea for American expansion.

TROR

You’re definitely in a bubble and you should find the exit ASAP. You’ve said too many ignorant things in the past, and these comments of yours on feminism are some of them.
They’re just more true observations from living outside of my bubble. When a see woman being tricked into acting like a man, all I see is blatant misogyny in action.

ParkPeeker

The problem with this view is it confuses "being equal" with "being the same." This view tears down women in an attempt to create one same instead of two equals. Like I said, completely counter to feminism which, in its ideal form, seeks to build up women.
Letting women be masculine if they want or men being feminine if they want is not the same as disapproving of women who are feminine or men who are masculine. No feminist hates on a girl for being feminine, at least what I consider to be feminist. Feminine girls just don't need the support of being accepted. They're already fully accepted imo.

At the end of the day, I don't think feminine girls get tricked into being masculine. I don't think they feel uncomfortable and pressured to become masculine at all.

TROR

Letting women be masculine if they want or men being feminine if they want is not the same as disapproving of women who are feminine or men who are masculine. No feminist hates on a girl for being feminine, at least what I consider to be feminist. Feminine girls just don't need the support of being accepted. They're already fully accepted imo.

At the end of the day, I don't think feminine girls get tricked into being masculine. I don't think they feel uncomfortable and pressured to become masculine at all.
Of course not. No one who gets tricked thinks they’ve been tricked. Society pushes the narrative that for a woman to be successful and strong, she must behave like a man. It’s sexist and more people need to call it out.

ParkPeeker

Of course not. No one who gets tricked thinks they’ve been tricked. Society pushes the narrative that for a woman to be successful and strong, she must behave like a man. It’s sexist and more people need to call it out.
trick is a bad word for this. Pressured. I don't think feminine girls, being fully aware of who they are, are pressured into being masculine. Feminism isn't forcing women to be something they don't want to be.

TROR

trick is a bad word for this. Pressured. I don't think feminine girls, being fully aware of who they are, are pressured into being masculine. Feminism isn't forcing women to be something they don't want to be.
I don’t believe women are being pressured, I believe it’s deception. Trickery. It’s the right word. It’s the constant lie being repeated that for a woman to be strong she must be like a man. People buy into it and continue selling the lie. Of course it’s not true, and when put in such simple terms I hope you would agree, but that’s what society, and especially Hollywood, sells.

ParkPeeker

I don’t believe women are being pressured, I believe it’s deception. Trickery. It’s the right word. It’s the constant lie being repeated that for a woman to be strong she must be like a man. People buy into it and continue selling the lie. Of course it’s not true, and when put in such simple terms I hope you would agree, but that’s what society, and especially Hollywood, sells.
Assuming you mean short hair, or unshaved, or muscular, or dresses masculine when saying must be like a man, then yea I agree women can be strong without being like a man. Then there're different definitions of strong, and everything just becomes a semantic mess. Gunna call it a day, I may or may not continue this tomorrow

TROR

I think it's so interesting to see this version of Disneyland's entry gates. It's weird how much something like this has changed over the years. The lack of trees in those early days is so jarring from what I know Disneyland to be.

SuddenStorm

Whew, what an amazing week. Moved to Anaheim, went to Disneyland four times (going again today). Had training at my new job, really excited for what's happening right now. Trying really hard to not get caught up in the 'pixie dust' of it all. Been incredibly busy getting everything situated, and it feels like I've been here for far longer then I have.

Being able to see the Matterhorn and fireworks from my apartment is a really surreal experience. Now I just have to sync them to music each night.

Splash Mountain looks the best it has in 10 years. Really well lit up, only a few broken/missing figures, and overall just a delightful experience. Though it did look slightly different yesterday than it did Friday, so I think the figures vary from day to day.

Big Thunder's final lift hill effects worked flawlessly, which I haven't seen in over a year.

Finally saw Pixar Pier in person after actively avoiding it for years...... yeesh what a disaster. The loud voices and annoying spiels on the Incredicoaster dampen what used to be an incredibly experience... but I do enjoy the enclosed lighting effects in the tunnels, which is a huge step up from Screamin'. A few in my group said it's their new favorite ride, so bravo to the Imagineers for that at least.

Soarin' Over California is a genuinely amazing experience, it's a darn shame it's going away so soon.

Mansion looks rough... lighting throughout is wrong, many figures need new paint jobs, and some missing effects. I'm just glad I'm able to ride it daily until they close it for the overlay.

A friend was able to get me into Company D... what an amazing store, was able to get a few art prints at an amazing price.

And, I saw Galaxy's Edge in person. Twice. I won't sit here and type my complete thoughts that mostly mirror my previous commentary, but I will say that Imagineering did an amazing job at designing a land that feels nothing like Disneyland. And when I'm in Disneyland, I forget that it's there. I did Falcon twice, once as the Gunner and once as the right pilot. Yes, I did say "lightspeed to Endor" when I punched it into lightspeed. Yes, my 5 friends in the cockpit face palmed. I can happily not ride it again for the rest of my life. Yes, the land feels lifeless. My friend didn't like the blue milk and the portion was incredibly small for the price. I was reminded of the "one quarter portion" scene from TFA.

Seeing Main Street with the proper American Flag decor is amazing, since for the last few years I've only seen it with holiday or promotional buntings. The American Flag is far better than Pixar Ball themed decorations.

Had Maynard for the Tiki Room, I don't mind his antics before the show, but when he keeps talking after Jose is 'awake', I take issue.

And, while I'm certainly not going to retire from the forums, I'm likely going to be on here far less frequently due to time constraints with my new schedule. Being able to go to Disneyland on a whim takes priority over reading about Bob Paycheck's newest budget cut :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom