The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Too clarify- It says the 7% increase was primarily caused by Disneyland Paris, and that Paris's income was partially offset by decreased attendance stateside.

Then, it says the decreased attendance stateside was partially offset by increased food and merchandise spending. So basically, things weren't as bad at Disneyland as they could've been had people not bought as many kyber crystals. As the report said, the increase in consumer spending at Disneyland wasn't enough to fully compensate for the decreased attendance.

Disney didn't spend $1 billion on California Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge for Paris- a resort on the other side of the world- to get an increase in income. They didn't spend $1 billion to cause a decline in attendance at Disneyland.

A 7% increase is panic time when it could (and should) have been far, far higher. And it's certainly peanuts when you think about what Cars Land did for DCA just a few years ago, or what Pandora did for Animal Kingdom, or what a single attraction- Indiana Jones Adventure- did for Disneyland 24 years ago.
How many years has DLR been carrying the load for the rest of the parks division, too many years. So yes DL has a down quarter, its not the end of the world.

The point is that while yes it could have been A LOT better had things gone as predicted, but its not the sky is falling bad as some were trying to portray about TDA panicking.

This is a minor blip. It'll be corrected as APs come back and when RotR opens. We are already starting to see crowds pick up at the parks as the summer has progressed.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks @brb1006 for posting this in the other thread, thought I'd bring it over here.

The first line says it all to me. Paid attendance is actually up, its really AP attendance that is down.

So really that indicates all that I've thought. Once APs return all will return to normal and everyone here will complain again how crowded it is.

mickEblu

Original Poster
For the Streaming fans, you'll be able to bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month. You get all 3 for the same price as the most popular Netflix option.

I have to stick to cable Until we find a streaming service that bundles ESPN, Spectrum Sports Net (for the Lakers), Bravo, E! and TNT. Every time I think of cutting the cord they pull me back in with those bundles. When you price out your cell phone(s), internet, and cable it just doesn’t make sense to cut the cord yet.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For the Streaming fans, you'll be able to bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month. You get all 3 for the same price as the most popular Netflix option.
At that price point Netflix is going to have a hard time competing in the long run. Stranger Things only gets them so many subs.

BTW, its too bad Fuller House (along with most other Miller-Boyett productions from the 80s-90s) is owned by WB, it should be on Disney+ due to the original being on ABC.

Mac Tonight

"During the call, Iger also revealed new adaptations are underway for more classic titles from the Disney and Fox catalogue including “Home Alone,” “Cheaper by the Dozen” and “Night at the Museum”."

Home Alone will now become a short film where once he realizes he's been left home alone, Kevin texts his parents that he's fine and they have one of their friends go over and watch him.

In the meantime, he's able to monitor outside activity using his new Ring doorbell service and his parents can keep tabs on him through their in-home security system.

Nothing bad happens.

SuddenStorm

"During the call, Iger also revealed new adaptations are underway for more classic titles from the Disney and Fox catalogue including “Home Alone,” “Cheaper by the Dozen” and “Night at the Museum”."

Home Alone will now become a short film where once he realizes he's been left home alone, Kevin texts his parents that he's fine and they have one of their friends go over and watch him.

In the meantime, he's able to monitor outside activity using his new Ring doorbell service and his parents can keep tabs on him through their in-home security system.

Nothing bad happens.

When a similar point was brought up on reddit, someone made the comment that in the original they worked to eliminate the most glaring plotholes. Having the neighbors be out of town so Kevin wouldn't just go knock on their door, having the phone line go out, having Kevin want his family to disappear so he doesn't immediately contact the cops, etc.

Curious to see what they do in the new one to make it at all convincing.

Mac Tonight

When a similar point was brought up on reddit, someone made the comment that in the original they worked to eliminate the most glaring plotholes. Having the neighbors be out of town so Kevin wouldn't just go knock on their door, having the phone line go out, having Kevin want his family to disappear so he doesn't immediately contact the cops, etc.

Curious to see what they do in the new one to make it at all convincing.
I mean, they kind of had to do that. But this is 2019. Kevin can't have a cell phone or access to the internet.
Throws a whole new wrench in the works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom