The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

When did they get rid of it and why?
It made people sick, literally. The combination of internal organ scenery with the motion didn't make a pleasant experience for many. And there was a major scene where your submarine was being pulled toward the heart valves (which could crush the tiny ship) and the back-forth motion in time with each heartbeat was really, really nauseating. And the story was a one-and-done kind of thing. Very plot-focused, lots of dialogue, not particularly engaging.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It made people sick, literally. The combination of internal organ scenery with the motion didn't make a pleasant experience for many. And there was a major scene where your submarine was being pulled toward the heart valves (which could crush the tiny ship) and the back-forth motion in time with each heartbeat was really, really nauseating. And the story was a one-and-done kind of thing. Very plot-focused, lots of dialogue, not particularly engaging.

Ahhh I see. I think it’s a great concept that would be better suited for a dark ride with some physical thrills. The scenery doesn’t have to be so true to nature. It could be a romanticized view of the inside of the human body. Lol. Playful with some color.

Rich T

Actually as a kid my aunt nicknamed me Buzzy because of the character from that attraction. It will forever hold a special place in my heart (or brain).
When I first witnessed General Knowledge calling a roomfull of WDW guests "Meatheads" and "Miserable Toads," the General instantly became my all-time favorite Disney character.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m kind of upset that I will never get to experience EPCOT in its hey day. Built by the same geniuses who brought us DL. I’ve said it before, from what I’ve read it sounds like EPCOT was and maybe still kind of is the Disneyland of Florida. MK is just a less charming clone of DL but EPCOT was special and all original like Disneyland was here.

There is just something about a first take or lightning in a bottle. It can’t be replicated.

Mac Tonight

I’m kind of upset that I will never get to experience EPCOT in its hey day. Built by the same geniuses who brought us DL. I’ve said it before, from what I’ve read it sounds like EPCOT was and maybe still kind of is the Disneyland of Florida. MK is just a less charming clone of DL but EPCOT was special and all original like Disneyland was here.
Having gotten to experience it, I don't think anything will ever come close. Certainly not while Chapek is at the helm. It lives on for me in videos and having most of the Future World soundtracks that I play on repeat on the morning drive into work. Nothing will ever beat it.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Having gotten to experience it, I don't think anything will ever come close. Certainly not while Chapek is at the helm. It lives on for me in videos and having most of the Future World soundtracks that I play on repeat on the morning drive into work. Nothing will ever beat it.

That’s how I feel about Disneyland. Especially from the 80s through the mid 90s

Mac Tonight

Going to Disneyland in 1995 must’ve been such an incredibly treat. There may have been some small improvements ever since, such as Space Mountain’s new soundtrack and the new Hungry Bear sign, but nothing that can replace what was taken away.
It's kind of like Disneyland is entering a dark "subtraction by addition" phase of existence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom