The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Disney should team up with Rockstar Games and create one of the following for Disneyland:

A. Grand Theft Auto Online Land
B. Frontierland overlay featuring Red Dead Redemption 2

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Grand Theft Autopia - imagine ten year olds pulling tourists out of their autopia cars.

Exactly. Autopia could be re-themed as "Highways of Los Santos"

I would want Space Mountain to be rethemed to an Oppressor MK II battle, where we take command of one and fight multiple threats in the air including the Lazer, Hydra, and Buzzard.

Peter Pan's Flight? - "San Andreas Flight School"
Indiana Jones Adventure? - Armed Insurgent Getaway
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters? How about "Armored Karuma Driveby Blasters"

SuddenStorm

The more I learn about America Sings, and the more I listen to the soundtrack, the more infatuated I become with the attraction. It's everything that's perfect Disneyland- it's a musical celebration of America, two themes that define Disneyland. It features characters designed by Marc Davis. I would've loved to have been around to experience it.

But at the same time, Splash Mountain in Disneyland is my favorite ride there- so the attraction's closure is certainly justified. Perhaps the most egregious part of it's closure is the fact that building hasn't been utilized well since, and the attraction closed 32 years ago o_O

TROR

The more I learn about America Sings, and the more I listen to the soundtrack, the more infatuated I become with the attraction. It's everything that's perfect Disneyland- it's a musical celebration of America, two themes that define Disneyland. It features characters designed by Marc Davis. I would've loved to have been around to experience it.

But at the same time, Splash Mountain in Disneyland is my favorite ride there- so the attraction's closure is certainly justified. Perhaps the most egregious part of it's closure is the fact that building hasn't been utilized well since, and the attraction closed 32 years ago o_O
It's definitely a great show and I was infatuated with it when I was an early Disney fan. You're completely right that it has so many great pieces working together and, despite making no sense in Tomorrowland, it somehow works. While it's not a show I wish Disney would revive, if they ever wanted to take out Animation Academy in Hong Kong, the Opera House there on Main Street would be a nice fit. Not that I ever see that happening, but it'd be a happy change for that park.

SuddenStorm

It's definitely a great show and I was infatuated with it when I was an early Disney fan. You're completely right that it has so many great pieces working together and, despite making no sense in Tomorrowland, it somehow works. While it's not a show I wish Disney would revive, if they ever wanted to take out Animation Academy in Hong Kong, the Opera House there on Main Street would be a nice fit. Not that I ever see that happening, but it'd be a happy change for that park.

That kind of long form animatronic musical show is something that modern Disneyland is missing- at one point, they were running 4 at the same time (Lincoln, Tiki, Country, America)- now that's down to two, with one being rotated with movie trailers.

I'd love to see modern WDI try their hand at an original show, something in the 12 minute range. The shows are great for relaxing in the AC during the brutal SoCal heat.

Phroobar

AA shows are going the way of Chuck E Cheese. They are outdated and are made fun of in geek culture. See Five Nights at Freddy's.
It's sad what they have done to the Banana Splits and they weren't even AAs but they made them out to be in the new movie.

Rich T

AA shows are going the way of Chuck E Cheese. They are outdated and are made fun of in geek culture. See Five Nights at Freddy's.
It's sad what they have done to the Banana Splits and they weren't even AAs but they made them out to be in the new movie.

This movie is such an insult to one of my favorite childhood memories. Sure, the show was stupid, but the songs, voice work and character costumes (and all the footage of 6 Flags over Texas and King's Island) were great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom