The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Here's a question I have for those who know more than I... is there a record anywhere of what aspects of each attraction are original from each ride's opening? Which figures and sets in Pirates are untouched from opening? Mansion?

For example, I heard that Rainbow Ridge town was replaced in 2014... so it's no longer the original Mine Train town. Not that Disney will change their trivia books anytime soon.

Rich T

I do think that in essence, Disneyland Park is worth the high price Disney charges- it's a premium product in theory. But when the classic attractions are suffering from numerous maintenance issues, the appeal starts to decline. If Disney's gonna price themselves as a premium product, and market the place as a "resort", they have to actually act like it.

Fix the classic rides. Run World of Color, Paint the Night, a fireworks/projection show, Fantasmic, and a parade in Disneyland daily. I understand not everything can be reasonably expected to run at 100% all the time, but rides like Splash Mountain are in such abysmal shape, no self respecting company should be allowing customers to ride it.
I'm really glad you said "in theory," because what gets me riled is the fact that Disneyland used to be a truly affordable, way-more-than-your-money's-worth experience for everybody, as recently as...say...the opening of Indiana Jones. Compared to the experience back then, people are NOT getting the kind of value they once did. The attractions back then were in great shape, there was more live entertainment, the parks stayed open longer hours, and the crowds weren't as ridiculous. And Tomorrowland wasn't an eyesore. Disney does a lot of things better than other parks, but--currently--it's not enough to justify the huge difference in price. People still pay, aware they're getting hosed, simply because the attractions designed decades ago (the surviving ones) are still wonderful.

Mac Tonight

For my money (literally) Disneyland will always have an unmatched feeling of a by-gone era that I just haven’t found at any other theme parks.

For me it’s the overall sights, sounds, smells, and atmosphere that set it apart. I can and have spent entire visits at the park just sitting and enjoying a pretzel along Main St.

Having the annual pass also allows me to not feel rushed or like I have to get everything in during my current trip. Well worth it for me.

Phroobar

You can basically buy an Universal, Knott's/Cedar Fair, Six Flags and SeaWorld pass for the mid-level Disney AP, and the other parks Ap/Sp's come with little or no blockout days. Plus you can add Food and Drink plans.
giphy.gif

Mac Tonight

A true Misc. Thought here...

I'm watching Hulu and I keep seeing that SK-II ad starring James Corden, Chloe Grace Moretz, and those two Japanese girls.

It is the worst thing ever.

Mac Tonight

Micechat strikes again with another “rumor article”. I’m beginning to look forward to these updates!
Thankfully this one wasn't the doozy the previous two have been... but it did give me a good chuckle.

I just cringe when she calls herself the "Fabulous Disney Babe" and referred to ROTR as "THE KYLO REN RIDE" (yes, in all caps). Calling it that makes me want to ride it less and less and less...

Phroobar

Thankfully this one wasn't the doozy the previous two have been... but it did give me a good chuckle.

I just cringe when she calls herself the "Fabulous Disney Babe" and referred to ROTR as "THE KYLO REN RIDE" (yes, in all caps). Calling it that makes me want to ride it less and less and less...
You don't remember when she swooned over shirtless Kylo Ren for weeks.

shortstop

I also love when she says “I’m hearing the land won’t really feel complete until RotR opens” as if that’s some kind of inside info and not just common knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom