The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

I'm borrowing this term from someone on Twitter,
but the theatre has now officially been Chapek'd.

1480334527-clarkson-sick.gif

SuddenStorm

I've been thinking about how much I'd be willing to pay for an annual pass to Disneyland Park only, with slightly higher merchandise and food discounts than what the current passes offer.

A pass with no blockout days, parking included, 25% off food and merchandise, and Maxpass? I'd pay $1000.

Wait... I take that back. I'd pay that if they bothered to fix up Mansion and Splash. I'd bump up the value to $1350 if they brought back the proper Fantasmic. Right now? I don't see the appeal of an AP.

Darkbeer1

You can basically buy an Universal, Knott's/Cedar Fair, Six Flags and SeaWorld pass for the mid-level Disney AP, and the other parks Ap/Sp's come with little or no blockout days. Plus you can add Food and Drink plans.

On Tuesday night, Lisa and I went to a private party including Dinner at Knott's. So on the way out, we each got the Chicken and Rib Combo that comes with a Backed Potato or Corn on the Cob to go.

Last night, the two of us, plus my Mom had it for Dinner, and still had leftover Chicken and Ribs.

Glad I get my DLR fix through comps and sign-ins. now While I don't just get to visit whenever, that is just fine with us.

SuddenStorm

You can basically buy an Universal, Knott's/Cedar Fair, Six Flags and SeaWorld pass for the mid-level Disney AP, and the other parks Ap/Sp's come with little or no blockout days. Plus you can add Food and Drink plans.

On Tuesday night, Lisa and I went to a private party including Dinner at Knott's. So on the way out, we each got the Chicken and Rib Combo that comes with a Backed Potato or Corn on the Cob to go.

Last night, the two of us, plus my Mom had it for Dinner, and still had leftover Chicken and Ribs.

Glad I get my DLR fix through comps and sign-ins. now While I don't just get to visit whenever, that is just fine with us.

I do think that in essence, Disneyland Park is worth the high price Disney charges- it's a premium product in theory. But when the classic attractions are suffering from numerous maintenance issues, the appeal starts to decline. If Disney's gonna price themselves as a premium product, and market the place as a "resort", they have to actually act like it.

Fix the classic rides. Run World of Color, Paint the Night, a fireworks/projection show, Fantasmic, and a parade in Disneyland daily. I understand not everything can be reasonably expected to run at 100% all the time, but rides like Splash Mountain are in such abysmal shape, no self respecting company should be allowing customers to ride it.

Darkbeer1

I do think that in essence, Disneyland Park is worth the high price Disney charges- it's a premium product in theory. But when the classic attractions are suffering from numerous maintenance issues, the appeal starts to decline. If Disney's gonna price themselves as a premium product, and market the place as a "resort", they have to actually act like it.

Fix the classic rides. Run World of Color, Paint the Night, a fireworks/projection show, Fantasmic, and a parade in Disneyland daily. I understand not everything can be reasonably expected to run at 100% all the time, but rides like Splash Mountain are in such abysmal shape, no self respecting company should be allowing customers to ride it.

Go to Knott's and ride both the Mine Train and the Log Ride. It is amazing in what good shape they are in, plus have both been recently plussed multiple times. If Knott's can do it, and not with a large budget, why can't Disney?

SuddenStorm

Go to Knott's and ride both the Mine Train and the Log Ride. It is amazing in what good shape they are in, plus have both been recently plussed multiple times. If Knott's can do it, and not with a large budget, why can't Disney?

Last time I was at Disneyland, while at City Hall dropping off a cast member compliment (gotta make sure the great ones get some kind of recognition), I also mentioned how poor Splash Mountain looked. The CM responded "You have to understand, those figures are 30 something years old."

I facepalmed so hard... Pirates is 52 and those figures work just fine. Granted, they're probably not the original figures... but the point remains. I'll be checking out Knott's this fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom