The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

1st world problems but I have the worst possible mail / trash collection combination possible. Garbage Trucks come around 9am. Mail comes at 5pm.

Also has So Cal ever had this many gloomy over cast days in one year? It starting to agitate me.
My Trash pickup is usually around 8 AM, though lately, one of three cans doesn't get picked up until the afternoon. (I put out the cans on Sunday Night)

As for the mail, it used to be around 3PM, now it is around 5 PM, or even lately.

And my garden is happy, especially my Boysenberry Vines. But I do miss the sun.....

mickEblu

Original Poster
My Trash pickup is usually around 8 AM, though lately, one of three cans doesn't get picked up until the afternoon. (I put out the cans on Sunday Night)

As for the mail, it used to be around 3PM, now it is around 5 PM, or even lately.

And my garden is happy, especially my Boysenberry Vines. But I do miss the sun.....

Not sure what’s going on but I feel like we might be heading from a harsher winter (by So Cal standards) / unusually cool overcast spring to a brutal Summer with no in between.

Darkbeer1

Not sure what’s going on but I feel like we might be heading from a harsher winter (by So Cal standards) / unusually cool overcast spring to a brutal Summer with no in between.
Well, what are we in now? The entire rest of the week, including the weekend has the possibility of rain.

But yes, by late June, the AC will be running a lot, at least my second set of Solar Panels will save my wallet.

Practical Pig

1st world problems but I have the worst possible mail / trash collection combination. Garbage Trucks come around 8am. Mail comes at 5pm.

Our garbage truck arrives between 6:00 and 6:15 AM. And we aren't supposed to put the can out until 6:00 due to the bears. This either involves a 5:50 AM alarm, or picking the trail of our trash out of the neighbors yards if we cheat and leave it out overnight. So 5:50 AM it is.

Rich T

>>The names and tastes, however, might be familiar to local tongues.

They include Cheesy Bacon Fries, which the news release calls Australian but were included in a bacon promotion launched in January.

The other menu additions are:

Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger: From Spain. The burger features a quarter pound of beef, Applewood smoked bacon, McBacon Sauce, Gouda cheese and slivered onions on a sesame seed bun.

Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Sandwich: From Canada. The sandwich includes tomato and herb sauce, slivered onions, lettuce and sliced Roma tomatoes on an artisan roll.

Stroopwafel McFlurry: From the Netherlands. The dessert features soft serve vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl and pieces of Daelmans Stroopwafel cookies.<<

Sounds like I might be enjoying a Mozza Chicken with Fries and a McFlurry…. YUM!
I was hoping for the chocolate french fries from Japan!

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’ve even eaten more bananas in the last few weeks than I have in the last 10 years and I’ve never felt better. I eat it and alternate bites with spoons of peanut butter and honey. I also started taking a multi vitamin daily for the first time in my life at 36 years old. For anyone not taking a multi vitamin I strongly suggest getting on one. In a few weeks it’s managed to repair irritation/ damage in my esophagus that was caused from years of chronic heartburn before I had my laparoscopic fundoplication to take care of the issue. Anti-acids are just a bandaid, not a solution to the real underlying issue.

Anyway i believe the vitamins that include digestive enzymes and probiotics are allowing my esophagus to heal by keeping my gut healthy and acid where it needs to be - in the stomach. Long story short- get on a multi vitamin as it may have something in there that helps with something you may be going through or something your body lacks/ needs. Let’s gets proactive, not reactive.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'm sorry?

No don’t worry about it. I just had to explain to my wife who walked in while I was watching that it was just an anti vlogger Disneyland vlog by a guy who’s rides Mansion all day and likes to watch Titanic naked. She totally got it and didn’t think I was weird for watching.

Last edited:

Rich T

I think Disney should just go all-out with sponsorship for a third park and base the ENTIRE new park off of advertising. I'd like to definitely see a GEICO land featuring the Geico Gecko and Duncan the hockey Walrus, a FastFood land and--best of all-- a woodsman/fishing area based on the Duluth Trading Company. Flo from Progressive with Tinker Bell wings would be the park icon.

Mac Tonight

I think Disney should just go all-out with sponsorship for a third park and base the ENTIRE new park off of advertising. I'd like to definitely see a GEICO land featuring the Geico Gecko and Duncan the hockey Walrus, a FastFood land and--best of all-- a woodsman/fishing area based on the Duluth Trading Company. Flo from Progressive with Tinker Bell wings would be the icon.
True story, I know a guy who was very nearly "Flo" from Progressive. He was all set to sign the deal and start shooting the ad campaigns... Until someone in corporate decided they wanted to go with a woman instead.

<sad_trombone.mp3>

Darkbeer1

Anyway i believe the vitamins that include digestive enzymes and probiotics are allowing my esophagus to heal by keeping my gut healthy and acid where it needs to be - in the stomach. Long story short- get on a multi vitamin as it may have something in there that helps with something you may be going through or something your body lacks/ needs. Let’s gets proactive, not reactive.

Now, I have medical issues, and this is what my team of Doctors have recommended as my Over The Counter set of meds. Surprising, I only have a few prescription ones, and they are low dose. My main issue after getting out of my coma is nerve damage, not bad for having every organ shut down.

So check with your doctor before taking much of this stuff.

2 Docusate Sodium 100 mg (Colace)

2 Citracal 630 mg Calcium and 500 mg Vitamin D3

1 Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180mg (Aller-Fex)

1 Fish Oil 1400mg/1050mg Whole Omega/330 mg Omega-3

1 Mature Multi Vitamin Kirkland/Costco

1 Vitamin B1 100 mg

1 Vitamin D3 1000 iu

1 Folate 1333 mcg DFE (Folic Acid 800 mcg)

1 Zinc 50mg

So yes, the individual vitamins are in addition to the amount in the Multi Vitamin. I use one of those large daily pill boxes, and every two weeks, set up my daily set.

The top 2 I think are good for most folks is the Multi Vitamin and the Whole Omega Fish Oil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom