The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

NobodyElse

Then get home and look out your bathroom window to see this.
iu
Careful. That's the past future Mrs. Kevin Kline you're over. ;)

Edit* If it looks like there's a word missing above, there is. I just learned a new forum-forbidden term.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Okay, gang, it's July 3rd! I've completed my checklist, have you?!?...

Flags placed in the yard, bunting on the garage doors, gorgeous steaks from Colorado, corn on the cob from California, barbecue baked beans from North Carolina, S'mores fixings from Hershey, Pennsylvania, an iced bushel of Midwest beers, a basket of Pinot Noir from Oregon and Pinot Grigio from Washington, sparklers and smoke bombs for the neighbor kids, a ridiculous looking Uncle Sam top hat to wear for the decorated bike parade judging, a curated playlist with Motown, John Phillip Sousa, Neil Diamond and the Beach Boys, and most importantly...

A great big burst of patriotic pride at being blessed to live in this beautiful country, the greatest land of all!

I hope everyone here has a happy and hilariously fun Independence Day! 🇺🇸 😍🇺🇸

Patriotic-Mickey-Mouse-Featured-Image.jpeg

What, NO Boston Lobster Rolls…??
From the city where the American Revolution began..?

🤔

Wishing you a great 4th regardless, TP!

✨🇺🇸✨

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
@CaptinEO I just picked up the Cinderella in 4K. Can you remind me… the digital version is not in 4K right? Only the 4K Ultra HD disc? If so, looks like I’ll go have to buy an Ultra HD Blu-ray player. My Tv is 4K ultra HD with high dynamic range

wtyy21

Disneyland just doing 4th of July fireworks show again this year. In similar situation in the last year's performance, no castle pyro were presented, unlike the Magic Kingdom. I assumed there permanently cut castle pyro portion at 4th of july show rom last year due to caution regarding the last year's incident in April at the park.

gerarar

Premium Member
Disneyland just doing 4th of July fireworks show again this year. In similar situation in the last year's performance, no castle pyro were presented, unlike the Magic Kingdom. I assumed there permanently cut castle pyro portion at 4th of july show rom last year due to caution regarding the last year's incident in April at the park.

Such a shame there's no more red comets during "and the rockets red glare!". They could've at least moved them to the ToonTown launchers if castle pyro is cut now.

One of my favorite parts/effects that at least lives on at the MK's version of the show..
1000012932.gif

(view from the Polynesian Resort beach)

CaptinEO

@CaptinEO I just picked up the Cinderella in 4K. Can you remind me… the digital version is not in 4K right? Only the 4K Ultra HD disc? If so, looks like I’ll go have to buy an Ultra HD Blu-ray player. My Tv is 4K ultra HD with high dynamic range
So the digital code should be for a number of services. If the service has the 4K version (i checked moviesanywhere and itunes) it will be 4K.

That being said 4K on these digital platforms is never full quality like the disc which is either 50 or 100 GB depending on if its single or dual layered.

Disney Analyst

Ugh, I don't get it... they had it in 2022, cut it in 2023, and now again in 2024?

mickEblu

Original Poster
So the digital code should be for a number of services. If the service has the 4K version (i checked moviesanywhere and itunes) it will be 4K.

That being said 4K on these digital platforms is never full quality like the disc which is either 50 or 100 GB depending on if its single or dual layered.

Thanks! So it is 4K if I watch from my library on Apple TV (on a 4k TV) but not quite as good as the disc. I think I'll just buy a 4k blu ray player as I'll probably be purchasing all of the classics on 4k. Prime Day is coming up. Maybe I'll find a good deal.

DrAlice

In Orlando planning mode.....

Universal Orlando? I bought tickets and picked dates. Also, waffled a bit about whether to keep the car rental for a couple of days or use Uber. The end.

Current view of me trying to plan my WDW trip using Disney's latest iteration of Fast-Genie-Lightning-Multi-Pass. THIS is the Disney Difference.

1720213076668.jpeg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In Orland planning mode.....

Universal Orlando? I bought tickets and picked dates. Also, waffled a bit about whether to keep the car rental for a couple of days or use Uber. The end.

Current view of me trying to plan my WDW trip using Disney's latest iteration of Fast-Genie-Lightning-Multi-Pass. THIS is the Disney Difference.

View attachment 797317
Everyone the first week the new LL Multi-pass is used -

aed9a215-74df-477d-9425-b1cee7adfa6c_text.gif

CaptinEO

Thanks! So it is 4K if I watch from my library on Apple TV (on a 4k TV) but not quite as good as the disc. I think I'll just buy a 4k blu ray player as I'll probably be purchasing all of the classics on 4k. Prime Day is coming up. Maybe I'll find a good deal.
Apple TV rules! Definitely redeem for itunes if you have the apple tv 4k.

As for players check for sales! Panasonic and LG players are the best (LG doesn't make them anymore though), Sony ones have had issues breaking. Check the second hand market, I got mine on offer up for cheap.

Check reviews on blu-ray.com before buying a 4K disc to make sure its a good transfer, its rare but some studios do a bad job or just upscale their blurays with AI.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So I know that many people have traditions in regards to which tunnel entrance they like to go through when entering the parks (and maybe exiting as well?), and of course there isn't anything official as to which one is considered the entrance or the exit.

What about Tomorrowland (from the hub)? I had one of Fresh Baked's videos running while I was cleaning and when he entered Tomorrowland on the right side (Star Tours side) he said (and it wasn't the first time) "I guess I'm the only one that considers that the entrance to Tomorrowland......not the exit."

Obviously there isn't any formal signage or rule about which side is the entrance or exit, even though during parades/fireworks the CM's will direct people one way for crowd flow reasons, but I was wondering if anyone else here considers one side the entrance and the other the exit.

I personally don't. I go in depending if I'm coming from the north or south, and exit the same way. Otherwise I'll just consider which side has less people as I like to walk briskly.

Rich T

… I was wondering if anyone else here considers one side the entrance and the other the exit.

I personally don't. I go in depending if I'm coming from the north or south, and exit the same way. Otherwise I'll just consider which side has less people as I like to walk briskly.

Same. I think for me it’s 50/50, and probably most influenced by which one’s closest to the turnstile I entered through (what do they call the used-to-be-a-turnstyle these days?)

Although… when exiting, I will head for the tunnel closest to the exit side IF I remember which side that is. But I never consider it the Exit Tunnel.
(edit)
Oh, and the Star Tours corridor is absolutely the main entry to TL. It used to be so pretty… so long ago…

mickEblu

Original Poster
Apple TV rules! Definitely redeem for itunes if you have the apple tv 4k.

As for players check for sales! Panasonic and LG players are the best (LG doesn't make them anymore though), Sony ones have had issues breaking. Check the second hand market, I got mine on offer up for cheap.

Check reviews on blu-ray.com before buying a 4K disc to make sure its a good transfer, its rare but some studios do a bad job or just upscale their blurays with AI.

Oh crap! Thanks for reminding me. My Apple TV is the old non 4K version. Really annoying that you can’t just access your library directly on the Apple TV + app because then I could stream it on my 4K TV. I can access my library on Prime Video though on my 4K TV. Would that be any less quality than streaming from a my library on a 4k Apple TV?

Thanks for the advice on the players and discs! When I say “classics” I mean I’ll be focusing on the Disney classics from Snow White through Sleeping Beauty that they release on 4K. I think so far it’s just Snow White and Cinderella right?

There’s a way to redeem digital codes directly on iTunes? I always redeem them on the Movies Anywhere app and it just transfers it to my Apple Library that I have linked up. Same difference right? That wouldn’t change the quality of the digital copy right?

Last edited:

CaptinEO

Oh crap! Thanks for reminding me. My Apple TV is the old non 4K version. Really annoying that you can’t just access your library directly on the Apple TV + app because then I could stream it on my 4K TV. I can access my library on Prime Video though on my 4K TV. Would that be any less quality than streaming from a my library on a 4k Apple TV?
Well if you have a device that can do native 4k playback that would be the winner, I just really like Apple TV for the interface and how fast it is.
Thanks for the advice on the players and discs! When I say “classics” I mean I’ll be focusing on the Disney classics from Snow White through Sleeping Beauty that they release on 4K. I think so far it’s just Snow White and Cinderella right?
Just Snow White and Cinderella for the actual true 4k Disney animated features with new scans. Any other old ones from Disney are not worth your time as those would be sourced from those terrible early 2000s digital remasters where they scrubbed away all detail. Old Pixar films are even funnier as the native files are bellow 2K, so theyre just AI upscales.

Again, check blu-ray.com for reviews.

Disney actually just passed over their video division to Sony so no idea on if they will continue to keep making nice scans and releasing old movies like they did for Snow White and Cinderella.

There’s a way to redeem digital codes directly on iTunes? I always redeem them on the Movies Anywhere app and it just transfers it to my Apple Library that I have linked up. Same difference right? That wouldn’t change the quality of the digital copy right?
Same difference. I rarely use digital but youre right, movies anywhere links to itunes directly.

Figments Friend

In Orlando planning mode.....

View attachment 797317

Hot take -
Don’t bother using the Genie - Lighting - Fast Lane service.
It is not necessarily needed, regardless of what others and Disney marketing likes to tell you.
You can so whatever you wish to do without it.

I have visited the Parks several times since ‘Genie’ was launched and have never used it.
Ever.
I have been able to ride everything I wanted by just knowing the right time of the day to get in line, and when.

If you are a long time Park visitor, you know how to do this by just observation day of.
It can be done, and it removes a lot of unnecessary stress.
Not to mention, you are NOT supporting this scam of ‘double charging’ Park Guests to experience things they have already paid for upon admission.
😠

You may have challenges for any ‘virtual queue only’ experiences, but talking to the nice CMs at Guest Relations or the Guest Expereince Team can do wonders.
I do not own a cell phone, and never use the service, yet have been able to ride anything by just asking Cast and explaining my situation.
So it can be done!

Remember…this is supposed to be a vacation not ‘commando touring’ active military training sessions.
Just decide in advance what experiences are must dos for you and focus on those.
Everything else will be a nice extra bonus.

Hope you have a great visit!

😊

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

And speaking of ‘miscellaneous’….

Currently playing the Disney Tsum Tsum game that was recently updated for its 10th Anniversary celebration…and saw…..this….

Japanese Donald.

Um….
A little surprised today’s overly sensitive and inclusive Disney is okay with this…?
I thought ‘stereotypes’ are a big no no now…?

IMG_3997.png

Consumer

Went to the Dodgers game last night (great time, had field seats, Will Smith with 3 home runs, Brewers grand slam, Freeman with a clutch hit - wonderful game). Afterward they had a drone show, which I didn’t have much interest in, but with so much talk about how great they are and how they could be a suitable, environmental replacement for fireworks, I thought I’d check it out. And you know what? It sucked. What a stupid, boring, useless event. There is nothing magical about a drone show, unlike fireworks. If Disneyland ever lost its fireworks show in favor of drones, it would be the end of Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom