The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Except what if Disneyland is sold to Six Flags? Some of you joke how Disneyland/DCA has started to be turned into Six Flags, but what if it really happens. That is what Peltz could do if put in charge. Do you really want to promote a guy who could potentially do that?

Or how about if he sells it off to a real estate developer and its razed completely. What then?

no way in heck six flags has the capital to purchase Disneyland.

I highly doubt it, there will be some highly qualified people who would seek Disneyland. they'd also have to get past the city.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Six Flags can’t afford Disneyland. And I doubt anything that drastic would happen.

no way in heck six flags has the capital to purchase Disneyland.

I highly doubt it, there will be some highly qualified people who would seek Disneyland. they'd also have to get past the city.
And no one thought that Six Flags and Cedar Fair would merge either, and that’s happening. So yeah don’t think it can’t happen, capital can be had, deals can be made.

Plus that is not the only option. As for the City of Anaheim, there are many around the city that would love to see less Disney around Anaheim, so don’t see that as a big road block.

SuddenStorm

As for the City of Anaheim, there are many around the city that would love to see less Disney around Anaheim, so don’t see that as a big road block.

Those people would be called fools.

Anaheim wouldn't have half the budget it has if they didn't have Disneyland pumping tourist tax dollars into the city.

lazyboy97o

Those people would be called fools.

Anaheim wouldn't have half the budget it has if they didn't have Disneyland pumping tourist tax dollars into the city.
People do foolish things against their interest all the time.

Even if they didn’t agree to something extreme like a rezoning, the existing zoning allows for significant leeway in how much of the current Disneyland Resort is developed. A new owner could unilaterally decide to build a roller coaster over Main Street USA and tear down New Orleans Square for the new Holiday Inn Disneyland.

mickEblu

Original Poster
People do foolish things against their interest all the time.

Even if they didn’t agree to something extreme like a rezoning, the existing zoning allows for significant leeway in how much of the current Disneyland Resort is developed. A new owner could unilaterally decide to build a roller coaster over Main Street USA and tear down New Orleans Square for the new Holiday Inn Disneyland.

Disney could decide to have giant blue boxes visible inside the park. Or to get rid of one of the most popular attractions of all time. Or to put a chicken auction inside POTC. Oh wait…

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So what are the odds Peltz gets it done anyway? Should I not be getting my hopes up?

I just realized I’ve been using Peltz and Perlmutter interchangeably.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
So what are the odds Peltz gets it done anyway? Should I not be getting my hopes up?

I don't care how it happens, but Iger needs to be out. As soon as possible. I'm sick and tired of dreading every new Disney announcement and continued abandonment of what made me love Disney in the first place. There's a reason Fred Astaire (portraying the Walt Disney Company) is dancing on top of everything I like in my avatar. I actually found myself rooting for Wish to fail at the box office. I used to be a Disney partisan, defending them against everything. But the announcement of Avatar in Animal Kingdom was the first time I criticized them. And then basically since then, it's been disappointment after disappointment. From the parks to the studio (with exception of the MCU up to Endgame).

Iger didn't care about anything except money, so he made decisions that would make the company the most money. And now he doesn't care about anything except his legacy, which he finally sees is in danger. So he's walking back the DEI stuff, as he should. But the damage is done. I'd personally love to return to WDW (where I haven't been since 2017), but some members of my family wouldn't think of it until the company completely walks back its political pandering. And I don't blame them. Until he's gone, I can't see Disney winning back my family. That's a tall order as it is.

Rant over.

As for whether this Peltz guy can get Iger out, I have a gut feeling telling me no.

lazyboy97o

I don't care how it happens, but Iger needs to be out. As soon as possible. I'm sick and tired of dreading every new Disney announcement and continued abandonment of what made me love Disney in the first place. There's a reason Fred Astaire (portraying the Walt Disney Company) is dancing on top of everything I like in my avatar. I actually found myself rooting for Wish to fail at the box office. I used to be a Disney partisan, defending them against everything. But the announcement of Avatar in Animal Kingdom was the first time I criticized them. And then basically since then, it's been disappointment after disappointment. From the parks to the studio (with exception of the MCU up to Endgame).

Iger didn't care about anything except money, so he made decisions that would make the company the most money. And now he doesn't care about anything except his legacy, which he finally sees is in danger. So he's walking back the DEI stuff, as he should. But the damage is done. I'd personally love to return to WDW (where I haven't been since 2017), but some members of my family wouldn't think of it until the company completely walks back its political pandering. And I don't blame them. Until he's gone, I can't see Disney winning back my family. That's a tall order as it is.

Rant over.

As for whether this Peltz guy can get Iger out, I have a gut feeling telling me no.
So you loved Chapek and wish he was able to do more?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

At this point they are interchangeable, as Peltz is a proxy for Perlmutter.

You don't let a wolf in sheep's clothing into the flock just because their wool looks more shiny.

Some of you all are so against Iger and wanting him out at all costs that you aren't thinking of the consequences of those actions. All I know is that if it comes up for a vote I'll be voting no with my tiny bit of shares I have.

mickEblu

Original Poster
At this point they are interchangeable, as Peltz is a proxy for Perlmutter.

You don't let a wolf in sheep's clothing into the flock just because their wool looks more shiny.

Some of you all are so against Iger and wanting him out at all costs that you aren't thinking of the consequences of those actions. All I know is that if it comes up for a vote I'll be voting no with my tiny bit of shares I have.

I don’t think you understand just how much some of us despise what’s going on at the company right now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don’t think you understand just how much some of us despise what’s going on at the company right now.
Oh I get it, I just don't think some of you understand how destructive Peltz really is. Its like saying you rather burn down the house instead of trying to fix it.

All you have to do is go look at Peltz's history with Pepsi and Mondelez. He only serves his own interests not that of the Disney fan.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Oh I get it, I just don't think some of you understand how destructive Peltz really is. Its like saying you rather burn down the house instead of trying to fix it.

All you have to do is go look at Peltz's history with Pepsi and Mondelez. He only serves his own interests not that of the Disney fan.

Except the house is burning down while we speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom