The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Nothing you’ve said would be improved with Peltz. He’s not interested in quality storytelling.

Yep, he's more interested in breaking everything up and selling it for parts.

Disney should sell marvel Lucas and Fox they’ve demonstrated they haven’t a clue how to run the top IPs from these brands (except marvel but those days are over)

Peltz maybe not but he’s a buy and sell type of guy so sell the fat then when he leaves he’ll, hopefully, put someone competent in charge. I like those odds better than Iger running Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney should sell marvel Lucas and Fox they’ve demonstrated they haven’t a clue how to run the top IPs from these brands (except marvel but those days are over)

Peltz maybe not but he’s a buy and sell type of guy so sell the fat then when he leaves he’ll, hopefully, put someone competent in charge. I like those odds better than Iger running Disney.
Except he won't stop at Marvel, Lucas, or 20th Century. He's a corporate raider, not a savior.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What if he sells the us parks to olc? One can dream 🙏
Anyone believing that he wants to "save" Disney is fooling themselves. He'll sell it all to the highest bidder and there will be nothing left. The Disney that you love will be gone, no more, just pieces now owned by others.

Say what you will about Iger, at least he wants to keep Disney intact and growing.

lazyboy97o

Thanks, I believe he’s saying that’s Perlmutters position though.
It is. It’s why he didn’t want movies like the very successful Black Panther made. It was a big part of why Marvel Studios was pulled out of Marvel Entertainment. That is very much part of Perlmutter’s view of what is “woke” and you just agreed with it. Now that you’ve been confronted with that you don’t actually want to be associated with it. Perlmutter is Peltz’s creative muse and true source of strength. They are a package.

Even if you just ignore Perlmutter’s horrid views, his preference was for Marvel movies to be the crap shoveled out by Fox and Sony on a schedule.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You can tell Iger understands they went too far with the DEI stuff and damaged the brand. You heard it at the last interview where he talks about “message” taking a backseat to story again. With Nelson on his tail and all the movies bombing he’s trying to say all the right things now. Hopefully it’s too late for him.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Anyone believing that he wants to "save" Disney is fooling themselves. He'll sell it all to the highest bidder and there will be nothing left. The Disney that you love will be gone, no more, just pieces now owned by others.

Say what you will about Iger, at least he wants to keep Disney intact and growing.

I own all the classic Disney movies. I have my memories. As long as Disneyland is still standing I’m good. The people at Disney who have damn near destroyed a brand that took 100 years to cultivate in just a few short years need to be ousted.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Well said. As a result, the ride is kind of dead to me. It’s not a good enough ride, in a great location or worth a 40 minute wait in its current form. It’s not Pirates. And Who Framed Roger Rabbit might be my favorite movie of all time. Definitely Top 5. Not that the ride ever really showcased the stuff I love from the movie. The Old Hollywood/ film noir stuff, the great score, the ink n paint club etc. I think it’s why we all prefer the queue to the ride.

I’d say “dead to me” is a bit harsh, but it sounds like you weren’t super into the ride in the first place. IMO the trench coat is absurd but in no way ruins the attraction. And as much as I love the noir vibe of the film, I think zeroing in on Toon Town works perfectly for the ride. I agree that the queue is excellent.

Also why losing TOT was a big loss for me. Really loved the theme. Even just that haunting jazz music they played in the outdoor queue and surrounding area.

Can’t disagree with this. Tower of Terror brought a level of sophistication to DCA sorely needed these days.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I own all the classic Disney movies. I have my memories. As long as Disneyland is still standing I’m good. The people at Disney who have damn near destroyed a brand that took 100 years to cultivate in just a few short years need to be ousted.
Except what if Disneyland is sold to Six Flags? Some of you joke how Disneyland/DCA has started to be turned into Six Flags, but what if it really happens. That is what Peltz could do if put in charge. Do you really want to promote a guy who could potentially do that?

Or how about if he sells it off to a real estate developer and its razed completely. What then?

Consumer

The Disney I "love" has been gone since before I was born, man.
Except what if Disneyland is sold to Six Flags? Some of you joke how Disneyland/DCA has started to be turned into Six Flags, but what if it really happens. That is what Peltz could do if put in charge. Do you really want to promote a guy who could potentially do that?

Or how about if he sells it off to a real estate developer and its razed completely. What then?
1701802667043.png

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’d say “dead to me” is a bit harsh, but it sounds like you weren’t super into the ride in the first place. IMO the trench coat is absurd but in no way ruins the attraction. And as much as I love the noir vibe of the film, I think zeroing in on Toon Town works perfectly for the ride. I agree that the queue is excellent.

Can’t disagree with this. Tower of Terror brought a level of sophistication to DCA sorely needed these days.

Yeah you nailed it. For various reasons I mentioned in one of my last posts it was only something I rode 1-2 a year in the first place. Now after the change it’s 0. So 0 = dead.

mickEblu

Original Poster

Six Flags can’t afford Disneyland. And I doubt anything that drastic would happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom