The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Except the house is burning down while we speak.
Ok, but you don't bring in a known real estate arsonist to try an put out the fire, they'll just put more gasoline on it and watch it burn faster while trying to sell off the ashes.

Plus I don't think its burning already, I think there are large cracks and maybe some damage. But it can be repaired, just not by that arsonist.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Like I said just go look up his involvement in how Kraft was broken up to form Mondelez, and how he tried to do the same with Pepsi. Plus a large majority of his holdings have underperformed, especially the ones he's broken up or tried to break up. He isn't the savior investor that some think he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney/ Disneyland has been paradise for the far left the last few years so I understand why they don’t want that gravy train to end. I’m not over here saying I want it to be 1955 again. I’m just saying let’s keep politics out of the movies and the parks again. Let these things be an escape again. Disney would be in much better shape right now.
Ok, and I can get on-board with that. But Peltz is not the one to do it. He honestly couldn't care less about the movies or the Parks, or anything core Disney. He is looking for a return on investment in the form of breaking up the whole it get to the sum of the parts.

What you really should be wanting is to hope that Iger and the Board look to tap Mayer/Staggs as Co-CEOs. They are currently consulting for Iger right now in trying to streamline the company. Plus that has the added benefit of maybe Disney buying out Candle Media (where they are Co-CEOs) and getting CoComelon in the process, which would be good for the Disney Jr brand.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ok, and I can get on-board with that. But Peltz is not the one to do it. He honestly couldn't care less about the movies or the Parks, or anything core Disney. He is looking for a return on investment in the form of breaking up the whole it get to the sum of the parts.

What you really should be wanting is to hope that Iger and the Board look to tap Mayer/Staggs as Co-CEOs. They are currently consulting for Iger right now in trying to streamline the company. Plus that has the added benefit of may Disney buying out Candle Media and getting CoComelon in the process, which would be good for the Disney Jr brand.

Yea Staggs taking over would be my preference but who wants to wait until 2026 for that to happen? Also who’s to say Staggs couldn’t be CEO once Peltz gets Iger out of there. Someone has to run the company and I think it being sold for parts is pretty far fetched.

Consumer

What you really should be wanting is to hope that Iger and the Board look to tap Mayer/Staggs as Co-CEOs. They are currently consulting for Iger right now in trying to streamline the company. Plus that has the added benefit of maybe Disney buying out Candle Media (where they are Co-CEOs) and getting CoComelon in the process, which would be good for the Disney Jr brand.
Tom Staggs is the ideal candidate to take over the WDC, in my honest opinion. DCA was at its peak during his time as Chairman. Unfortunately, I doubt even he would bring back Tower of Terror and Paradise Pier.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Tom Staggs is the ideal candidate to take over the WDC, in my honest opinion. DCA was at its peak during his time as Chairman. Unfortunately, I doubt even he would bring back Tower of Terror and Paradise Pier.

Lol I mean it’d be nice but it ain’t happening. Plus peak Disneyland is in the late 60’s / early 70’s.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yea Staggs taking over would be my preference but who wants to wait until 2026 for that to happen? Also who’s to say Staggs couldn’t be CEO once Peltz gets Iger out of there. Someone has to run the company and I think it being sold for parts is pretty far fetched.
He's literally done it with a bunch of other companies. So his track record suggests he would with Disney too. I'm just not willing to take the risk.

As for "waiting", if the Board senses pressure from outside interests they may consider just starting the transition early and have Iger go into a consulting role.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

And yeah I wouldn't see anyone, no matter who it was, ever putting back ToT or Paradise Pier.

mickEblu

Original Poster
He's literally done it with a bunch of other companies. So his track record suggests he would with Disney too. I'm just not willing to take the risk.

As for "waiting", if the Board senses pressure from outside interests they may consider just starting the transition early and have Iger go into a consulting role.

What’s the earliest you could see the board replacing Iger?

Consumer

At least you'll have those pictures, but its not going back to 1955, sorry.

And yeah I wouldn't see anyone, no matter who it was, ever putting back ToT or Paradise Pier.
images.jpg

lazyboy97o

How did you read that post and have your takeaway be "So you loved Chapek?"

The Disney company needs someone better than Iger and Chapek right now. Or if Iger isn't to blame directly, it needs a better executive team across each major segment of the company.
It’s the only logical conclusion if the only desire is “Not Iger.” Chapek was worse and Peltz would like he considers business focused and pliant, he’s want more of a Chapek.

Let OLC (Oriental Land Company) buy the Disney theme parks. All of them. Every last one. They know how to run them.
This falsely assumes that the OLC is 1) unwaveringly committed to contracts that may no longer apply and 2) would not adjust their business for different markets.

This is just mind boggling in its nonsensical nature that completely ignores Staggs’ role in the Eisner and Iger years.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It’s the only logical conclusion if the only desire is “Not Iger.” Chapek was worse and Peltz would like he considers business focused and pliant, he’s want more of a Chapek.

This falsely assumes that the OLC is 1) unwaveringly committed to contracts that may no longer apply and 2) would not adjust their business for different markets.

This is just mind boggling in its nonsensical nature that completely ignores Staggs’ role in the Eisner and Iger years.

Who would you like to replace Iger?

lazyboy97o

Who would you like to replace Iger?
I don’t need an answer to that question. Who I don’t want is someone who was a major architect of Iger’s tenure and has been recently advising him. You’re saying things are so bad he has to go and we should get the guy he not only used to listen to but is listening to again right now.

Heck, one of Candle Media’s big investments is Hello Sunshine whose About Us is headed with the quote “If you want to change the stories, you need to change the storytellers.”

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don’t need an answer to that question.

Predictable. You’re always scared to put your own neck on the line but jump at any chance to tell someone else why they’re wrong. Scared to share your own opinion or thoughts but stay ready to tell someone why their opinion is wrong. Typical narcissistic behavior.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom