The Merch Alert Thread

Rich T

Characters I find more annoying than Current-Day Figment: (but who are, thankfully, not merched much):

1) Edna Mode
2) The Mime Thug from Tangled
3) The Martin Short robot from Treasure Planet
4) The host/narrator of AK’s Dinosaur ride.
5) All the animal kids in Robin Hood, but especially Toby.
6) Flash the DMV sloth (Great one-time gag. Excruciating as a recurring character)

Rodj

Great footage, too, of the Dreamfinder walk-around character with the correctly-scaled Figment puppet.
Not exactly, the puppet is actually smaller than the ride's animatronics.
IMO the 50th statue is what Figment's size should be.
1710382357931.png

Rich T

Not exactly, the puppet is actually smaller than the ride's animatronics.
IMO the 50th statue is what Figment's size should be.
View attachment 772899
True--not exactly to scale. But far better than the walk-around Figzilla. 😃 I agree the 50th statue is just about the perfect size.

Seeing both together really highlights how the character design for Figment has been tweaked to make him more expressive than the ride AAs (and slightly less dragon-like) for close-up encounters and merchandise.

waltography

Some new HM-themed merch was announced as part of the Halfway to Halloween news cycle they're pushing. Appreciate the simple wallpaper design for that quarter-zip and that button up isn't too half bad either:

1715004077863.png

More previews of merch featured in the article here.

Figments Friend

View attachment 772575
Just a reminder that this book now exists and is possibly the single greatest and most reasonably priced bit of classic attraction respect Disney’s released in ages.

It’s basically the entire original 1983 ride in book form, with text based on the original Sherman Brothers lyrics.

Photo taken at Epcot. Californians can get it through Amazon. 😃

Or, they can get this book through me.
As President and Charter Member of the Tony Baxter Fan Club, it is a duty I would gladly fulfill for anyone in need.

I will be at Epcot next week and will gladly pick up a book or two for any of my California friends here!

🙂

Just let me know here, or via PM.

-

TP2000

Or, they can get this book through me.
As President and Charter Member of the Tony Baxter Fan Club, it is a duty I would gladly fulfill for anyone in need.

I will be at Epcot next week and will gladly pick up a book or two for any of my California friends here!

🙂

Just let me know here, or via PM.

-

She's the real deal you guys, she'd do it! ;)

mickEblu

Original Poster

mickEblu

Original Poster
@Phroobar this Wicket figurine looks pretty cool but at $24.99 it seems too good to be true. Is it?

Figments Friend

Spotted this obvious Disneyland inspired shirt at Walt Disney World’s Contemporary Resort earlier this week.
One of several Disneyland specific items I came across.

IMG_3749.jpeg

Consumer

Does Disneyland sell stickers? I love grabbing stickers when I visit National Parks, but I'm realizing now I've never seen any at Disneyland. I'm not seeing anything official online so I'm guessing the answer is no? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. I'm sure there's plenty of girls with Stanley cups who want to cover them in Disneyland stickers.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Does Disneyland sell stickers? I love grabbing stickers when I visit National Parks, but I'm realizing now I've never seen any at Disneyland. I'm not seeing anything official online so I'm guessing the answer is no? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. I'm sure there's plenty of girls with Stanley cups who want to cover them in Disneyland stickers.

I’m not sure as I’ve never really looked for any but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t or maybe just have a few really generic ones. My theory is they don’t want to give you too many options at that low price point. For example why provide a sticker or magnet to scratch the itch of the consumer for just a few bucks when you can charge them $40 + to bring home that iconography on a shirt for example. They only have magnets for example for new rides these days. With that said, attraction specific stuff is pretty lacking in every category of merchandise. Ornaments have been pretty much holding down the fort now that they slowed down with POPs

If you want Disneyland or attraction specific stickers Etsy would be your best bet.

Bought this one for my laptop that glows in the dark.

70EF2791-AFF9-4C0F-817F-2E1FEA5986A1.jpeg

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I've gotten a few stickers from tee public, many of the shirt designs can be bought as stickers. There are a lot of fun Disney designs on there.

Consumer

I’m not sure as I’ve never really looked for any but I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t or maybe just have a few really generic ones. My theory is they don’t want to give you too many options at that low price point. For example why provide a sticker or magnet to scratch the itch of the consumer for just a few bucks when you can charge them $40 + to bring home that iconography on a shirt for example. They only have magnets for example for new rides these days. With that said, attraction specific stuff is pretty lacking in every category of merchandise. Ornaments have been pretty much holding down the fort now that they slowed down with POPs

If you want Disneyland or attraction specific stickers Etsy would be your best bet.

Bought this one for my laptop that glows in the dark.

View attachment 788067
I think you're right, but it's a pretty stupid business philosophy. Stickers and magnets are cheap to manufacture and Disney could probably get away with selling each at $5 a piece. Imagine all the people like myself who walk into the Emporium, don't see anything they like at a reasonable price, and walk away emptyhanded. Even if Disney is only making $4 a purchase, that's $4 more they would be making otherwise in a lot of cases.
I've gotten a few stickers from tee public, many of the shirt designs can be bought as stickers. There are a lot of fun Disney designs on there.
Definitely some good options there. Personally I like Red Bubble for custom stickers.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think you're right, but it's a pretty stupid business philosophy. Stickers and magnets are cheap to manufacture and Disney could probably get away with selling each at $5 a piece. Imagine all the people like myself who walk into the Emporium, don't see anything they like at a reasonable price, and walk away emptyhanded. Even if Disney is only making $4 a purchase, that's $4 more they would be making otherwise in a lot of cases.

Definitely some good options there. Personally I like Red Bubble for custom stickers.

True. Im not sure if im right but it's a theory I've had to explain the lack of magnets or smaller quality trinkets/ souvenirs. Unless people just don't care for them as much anymore? I think the magnets they do sell these days range from like $8-$13 if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they have the data that shows the majority of people will buy something more expensive and not walk out like yourself.

mickEblu

Original Poster
In the old days you could find quality cheap souvenirs but of course back then the sharp pencil boys weren't as sharp, there was more of a balance between profit and guest experience and they hadn't monetized every square inch of the park. In other words, we weren't as greedy yet.

Consumer

True. Im not sure if im right but it's a theory I've had to explain the lack of magnets or smaller quality trinkets/ souvenirs. Unless people just don't care for them as much anymore? I think the magnets they do sell these days range from like $8-$13 if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they have the data that shows the majority of people will buy something more expensive and not walk out like yourself.
As long as people have things to put on the fridge, there's a market for magnets. I'd love to see a magnet collection of vintage Disneyland attraction posters. NPS puts out stickers and magnets of the classic National Parks posters and they're fantastic; I have several on my fridge.
In the old days you could find quality cheap souvenirs but of course back then the sharp pencil boys weren't as sharp, there was more of a balance between profit and guest experience and they hadn't monetized every square inch of the park.
Even outside of the lack of cheaper souvenirs, I just find it strange there aren't more subtle souvenirs. Like, this is official merchandise being sold at Disneyland. Who's buying this? It's awful. Give me a gray tee with the Disneyland logo on it and I'm happy. My favorite piece of Disney merch I own is a 2001 ballcap of the original Disney's California Adventure logo. Nothing fancy, nothing gaudy. That's the kind of merch I want to see more of, and less like this.
1716940241329.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom