The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Anyone know if the train popcorn bucket is still available? Hatbox ghost sipper? Is the Jiminy shoulder plush back in stock? Money's burning a hole in my pocket...

I haven’t seen the Jimmy shoulder plush since I purchased one for my book shelf at least 9 months ago. Not sure if they sell out super fast or what. Made the right move that day. Unlike in 2013 when I went to the parks right before I became an annual pass holder, walked into Off the Page and chose the Haunted Mansion Olszewski light box over the Splash Mountain one. I would never see the Splash Mountain box in any of the stores across the resort again. Today, 10 years later, they still sell the HM box. ☹️

Not sure about the other stuff but I’m going to the park Wednesday and can let you know then but that probably doesn’t help you.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I haven’t seen the Jimmy shoulder plush since I purchased one for my book shelf at least 9 months ago. Not sure if they sell out super fast or what. Made the right move that day. Unlike in 2013 when I went to the parks right before I became an annual pass holder, walked into Off the Page and chose the Haunted Mansion Olszewski light box over the Splash Mountain one. I would never see the Splash Mountain box in any of the stores across the resort again. Today, 10 years later, they still sell the HM box. ☹️

Dude that just hurts to read- especially because the Splash light box is dang expensive on eBay.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Dude that just hurts to read- especially because the Splash light box is dang expensive on eBay.

It’s so expensive. My thought process as a non AP at the time was HM is more popular and is likely to sell out faster. I also remember thinking the HM light box just does a better job capturing the scene it’s displaying. Hindsight of course had I known I’d never see the Splash one again I would have just bought both. My favorite light box the DLRR train station also sold out right around that same time (or perhaps a year or so later) but I snagged that one on eBay when it was still fairly cheap.

waltography

Not sure about the other stuff but I’m going to the park Wednesday and can let you know then but that probably doesn’t help you.
This is how I feel as a new pin trader (started collecting this year against my better judgment); I feel like I started collecting way too late and now I regret passing over the old Splash Mountain pins from a few years ago.

mickEblu

Original Poster
This is how I feel as a new pin trader (started collecting this year against my better judgment); I feel like I started collecting way too late and now I regret passing over the old Splash Mountain pins from a few years ago.

Oh man went down that pin collecting rabbit hole about 7 years ago for three weeks and thought “this is dangerous and Neverending” so I stopped.

waltography

With that said @waltography you could always have a specific goal in mind like one pin for every attraction or something like that.
It's too late for me; I only started in like February and I've already got a couple hundred pins. 😂 It sneaks up on you fast, so you were right to stop while you could.

It's funny you mention collecting a pin per attraction because that's exactly how I do my DLR pin collection. I try to get at least one pin of every DL/DCA attraction (both new and defunct) represented. I have some exceptions, though (namely Space Mountain and Small World, I collect a lot of both!).

Also, I think my most favorite pins right now are a set of attraction posters that dropped all through last year. I even framed the set for my Disney room:

DLR-Attractions.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
It's too late for me; I only started in like February and I've already got a couple hundred pins. 😂 It sneaks up on you fast, so you were right to stop while you could.

It's funny you mention collecting a pin per attraction because that's exactly how I do my DLR pin collection. I try to get at least one pin of every DL/DCA attraction (both new and defunct) represented. I have some exceptions, though (namely Space Mountain and Small World, I collect a lot of both!).

Also, I think my most favorite pins right now are a set of attraction posters that dropped all through last year. I even framed the set for my Disney room:

View attachment 734381

Those are cool!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Anyone know if the train popcorn bucket is still available? Hatbox ghost sipper? Is the Jiminy shoulder plush back in stock? Money's burning a hole in my pocket...
People were carrying around both popcorn bucket and sipper yesterday at the parks. (Literally,. people had both around their necks. lol)

Can't answer on Jiminy but I'm the idiot who saw somebody with the Alligator Loki shoulder plush the day it was released, assumed it was an Etsy thing and didn't ask about it. Only to find it sold out that day. Been checking for months for its return with no luck. (Though fully expect it to come back when season 2 of the show comes out.)

MarvelCharacterNerd

My sympathies on your new (and extremely expensive) addiction.

Sincerely,

Fellow Pin Addict ;)

SuddenStorm

It's been interesting seeing Bob Gurr's Fandom Production company make all sorts of unlicensed Disneyland merchandise- and to have him sign his name on merchandise for projects he was only slightly involved in- but my goodness they're putting out stuff I wish Disney would.

Like this is incredible https://www.fandomproductions.com/product-page/haunted-mansion-1-1-scale-plaque and way better than the one I got from Disneyland a few years back (that wasn't full size). And he put out some great Splash pieces a month or two ago- that were sadly WDW focused but still great quality.

CaptinEO

It's been interesting seeing Bob Gurr's Fandom Production company make all sorts of unlicensed Disneyland merchandise- and to have him sign his name on merchandise for projects he was only slightly involved in- but my goodness they're putting out stuff I wish Disney would.

Like this is incredible https://www.fandomproductions.com/product-page/haunted-mansion-1-1-scale-plaque and way better than the one I got from Disneyland a few years back (that wasn't full size). And he put out some great Splash pieces a month or two ago- that were sadly WDW focused but still great quality.
Bob definitely has been milking it for years.

SevenSevens

And while we're on the Tiki mug tip, Tikiland Trading has been doing a lot of mugs that I'm surprised hasn't gotten them a C&D from Disney.

Attachments

• IMG_5632_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    IMG_5632_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5665_14b38803-1449-4f17-8a17-c9f68b14a73d_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    IMG_5665_14b38803-1449-4f17-8a17-c9f68b14a73d_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 64

Figments Friend

Back in the early 1990s snow globes became a big trend with Disney merchandise.
The Disney Catalog ( remember those? ) used to feature them as limited edition pieces often at the time.

I remember I used to visit the local Disney Store and they had a large central display of them and they were literal works of art.
Very complex and many very beautifully sculptured.
Several had light up features and ‘swirling’ water effects…they were impressive.
Expensive buggers…but many were seriously tempting me to invest in.
There was a ‘Lion King’ one that was absolutely spectacular.

I was considering starting to invest in a few but then i remembered something…
That the water in those snowglobes evaporates over time, leaving the glass bulbs looking half full.
So I never made the jump to the more exotic peices.

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
Back in the early 1990s snow globes became a big trend with Disney merchandise.
The Disney Catalog ( remember those? ) used to feature them as limited edition pieces often at the time.

I remember I used to visit the local Disney Store and they had a large central display of them and they were literal works of art.
Very complex and many very beautifully sculptured.
Several had light up features and ‘swirling’ water effects…they were impressive.
Expensive buggers…but many were seriously tempting me to invest in.
There was a ‘Lion King’ one that was absolutely spectacular.

I was considering starting to invest in a few but then i remembered something…
That the water in those snowglobes evaporates over time, leaving the glass bulbs looking half full.
So I never made the jump to the more exotic peices.

-

I bought a beautiful Bambi one for my sisters room in our old family home (that I since now own) in the early 2000’s. Water still there, music still plays “April Showers” (one of the most slept on classic Disney tunes) and everything is great but yeah I’ve seen some on eBay that don’t look great. The new snow globes they sell are tiny by comparison and not nearly as detailed. I believe one of the explanations I heard for them not selling them big ones anymore is that people couldn’t bring them on planes anymore. Maybe a post 9/11 thing.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

My great aunt had a huge collection of them (20 or so) some of which are quite spectacular. Last time I saw them they had held up pretty well, I think only 1 had diminished water volume within the globe. She passed away recently and my great uncle keeps bugging me to head out to his place to pick up the collection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom