The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
As long as people have things to put on the fridge, there's a market for magnets. I'd love to see a magnet collection of vintage Disneyland attraction posters. NPS puts out stickers and magnets of the classic National Parks posters and they're fantastic; I have several on my fridge.

Even outside of the lack of cheaper souvenirs, I just find it strange there aren't more subtle souvenirs. Like, this is official merchandise being sold at Disneyland. Who's buying this? It's awful. Give me a gray tee with the Disneyland logo on it and I'm happy. My favorite piece of Disney merch I own is a 2001 ballcap of the original Disney's California Adventure logo. Nothing fancy, nothing gaudy. That's the kind of merch I want to see more of, and less like this.
View attachment 788072

You don't have to tell me twice lol....

tempImagejXbeI8.jpg

I still cant understand why they stopped selling the attraction poster magnets after they came out with the 8 you see at the top of my fridge above. Those are what actually got me to start collecting magnets and why I came up with the theory we are talking about. At the time they were selling attraction posters in Disneyana and I thought that maybe they had noticed those sales go down but then they just stopped selling those too.

We're obviously in the minority. People just want big, loud, obnoxious things with Mickey on it or Disneyland in enormous letters.

Phroobar

@Phroobar this Wicket figurine looks pretty cool but at $24.99 it seems too good to be true. Is it?

That is normal retail on black series 6" figures. I've been waiting for that go below $20. Amazon has Paploo black series for $17 now.

CaptinEO

Does Disneyland sell stickers? I love grabbing stickers when I visit National Parks, but I'm realizing now I've never seen any at Disneyland. I'm not seeing anything official online so I'm guessing the answer is no? Seems like a huge missed opportunity. I'm sure there's plenty of girls with Stanley cups who want to cover them in Disneyland stickers.
I think in the emporium line for one of the registers in the first section of the store they have a section with stickers and magnets.

mickEblu

Original Poster
That is normal retail on black series 6" figures. I've been waiting for that go below $20. Amazon has Paploo black series for $17 now.

Sorry what I meant was do they actually look as good as they do in the pic? That seemed too good to be true for the price point to me.

Phroobar

Sorry what I meant was do they actually look as good as they do in the pic? That seemed too good to be true for the price point to me.
Oh ya, they totally do. Hasbro does a great job on their paint apps. I have close to 60 of these Black Series figures. They have lots of movement. I prefer the old price of $20 but everything has gone up since Disney bought the IP. Wicket is an extension of this set they released last year.

iu

truecoat

You don't have to tell me twice lol....

View attachment 788074

I still cant understand why they stopped selling the attraction poster magnets after they came out with the 8 you see at the top of my fridge above. Those are what actually got me to start collecting magnets and why I came up with the theory we are talking about. At the time they were selling attraction posters in Disneyana and I thought that maybe they had noticed those sales go down but then they just stopped selling those too.

We're obviously in the minority. People just want big, loud, obnoxious things with Mickey on it or Disneyland in enormous letters.
I couldn’t agree more.

IMG_3819.jpeg

mickEblu

Original Poster
The parks and Disney Store has a 3-poster set honoring the 5th anniversary of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Might be the first time they've released attractions posters in a while.

View attachment 788699

I'd only want the RotR poster from this set but I'm not paying $60 for it.

View attachment 788700

They re cool but I wish they looked more like Disneyland attraction posters instead of Star Wars posters. ROTR is the best of the three. I’m not trying to buy a poster showcasing Hondo or Vi Moradi.

Last edited:

Stevek

New mug coming to Trader Sam's on June 20th to celebrate the 65 anniversary of the Matterhorn. Retail is $75. As a longtime collector of Sam's mugs, this might be the first I skip as it's clear that those in charge no longer have any interest in producing new "Tiki" mugs per se due to concerns about cultural appropriation. Instead, we are getting mugs or bowls that have the Sam's branding on the bottom but are purely tie ins to attractions or movies.

1718380248458.png
1718380356787.png
1718380303595.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
New mug coming to Trader Sam's on June 20th to celebrate the 65 anniversary of the Matterhorn. Retail is $75. As a longtime collector of Sam's mugs, this might be the first I skip as it's clear that those in charge no longer have any interest in producing new "Tiki" mugs per se due to concerns about cultural appropriation. Instead, we are getting mugs or bowls that have the Sam's branding on the bottom but are purely tie ins to attractions or movies.

View attachment 791732View attachment 791734View attachment 791733

Well at least they re giving the Matterhorn’s 65th anniversary more attention than POTC’s 50th. That was pathetic.

CaptinEO

Difference of opinion but I think this is an awesome design.

CaptinEO

Well I was on the app at 6 am sharp and could not get any time spots. Not really a fan of this online lottery.

Why does Disney underproduce mugs if there is so much demand? If it sells out in one second you clearly have failed at stocking your product.

Not the end of the world and life goes on. Most are selling on ebay for 200-250 dollars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom