The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Those mini HM stretching portraits and the Olszewski light box of the hitchhiking ghosts are still the best HM merch they have come out with IMO

mickEblu

Original Poster
Why is it so hard for them to get Leota’s face right?

F64526A8-10FF-4019-8013-C9666B8DACF2.jpeg

George Lucas on a Bench

Terrible merchandise. I suspect that original crystal ball lady is just too ghoulish and spooky to recreate accurately in merchandise so they soften her features. She's supposed to be gaunt and creepy, not cute. All merchandise I've seen of her resembles a Happy Meal toy.

Also, yes, the portraits were discarded and left for dead years ago.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Terrible merchandise. I suspect that original crystal ball lady is just too ghoulish and spooky to recreate accurately in merchandise so they soften her features. She's supposed to be gaunt and creepy, not cute. All merchandise I've seen of her resembles a Happy Meal toy.

Yeah I haven't seen one depiction of Leotas face on merch that I like... and their are multiple terrible ones.

Wow, I guess I cant understand why you wouldn't give them to someone or sell them instead.

truecoat

Seems like a folish idea.

SuddenStorm

They're also sold at Downtown Disney at Disneyland! I bought two of them and the quality is pretty good too!

Of course they release these after most of my friends lost their employee discount.

This is the kind of merchandise Disney needs to make more of- decent quality, less than $100, and a faithful recreation of an iconic element from an iconic ride. Ignoring the NBC stuff, Disney's Haunted Mansion merchandising far outdoes that for any of their other attractions.

Jim Shore's done some ride vehicles and stuff but they have weird flair that kills their authenticity. Olszewski's work is the best, but most of his Disneyland elements are no longer produced and command high resale prices online. And, he didn't finish the park- I would have loved for him to do a Splash Mountain and Space Mountain and Matterhorn.

With the Splash change I had decided it was time to stop spending money on Disneyland stuff, but this is something I've wanted for years and can't wait to acquire. Previous official Disney 'gargoyle' merchandise was either inaccurate, small, cheap, or very accurate but extremely limited and extremely expensive. This is a perfect balance.

George Lucas on a Bench

I got one more of those Funko doll sets, the Ghostbusters firestation headquarters. Of course, I tossed the ugly doll that came with it. Looks good with my HM dollhouse and custom Psycho "Bates Mansion." That's it, though. All their other products are garbage.

20210210_185031.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom