The Merch Alert Thread

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Guess I did.
tumblr_ni2rvhAlNm1s4jjovo1_500.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ummm as a kid then compared to an adult now? Sure they were.

Well I'm not going to get into a debate, but I'm looking at apples to apple me as a kid from the past to kids today. I look back at things I did as a kid and look at the things kids do today, and its no comparison, kids have it easier today.

Even now as an adult, there are a lot of things simpler today than when I was a kid. For example easy access to the most up-to-date information compared to looking in an encyclopedia which is likely outdated. I remember failing several projects in school because my information was out-of-date.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Well I'm not going to get into a debate, but I'm looking at apples to apple me as a kid from the past to kids today. I look back at things I did as a kid and look at the things kids do today, and its no comparison, kids have it easier today.

Even now as an adult, there are a lot of things simpler today than when I was a kid. For example easy access to the most up-to-date information compared to looking in an encyclopedia which is likely outdated. I remember failing several projects in school because my information was out-of-date.

You sir, with this last past post, have changed my mind. When I was a kid and had not a care or responsibility in the world was definitely more stressful than today as an adult.

Not sure why you’re comparing kids of different generations. That had nothing to do with what I said. Please stop finding ways to make any opinion anyone mentions a long drawn out debate.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You sir, with this last past post, have changed my mind. When I was a kid and had not a care or responsibility in the world was definitely more stressful than today as an adult.

Not sure why you’re comparing kids of different generations. That had nothing to do with what I said. Please stop finding ways to make any opinion anyone mentions a long drawn out debate.

I'm just looking at it from a different point of view. That is not trying to draw out anything. If you choose not to follow me down this train of thought, that is your prerogative.

I will agree that as a kid I didn't have the same responsibilities that I do today. However that doesn't mean life was simpler. Again its all based on your point of view and the experiences you had. For all I know you were a rich kid that didn't have to want for anything, I don't know. You could have also been homeless and need to beg for food, again I don't know. Point is you don't know what life I had as a kid, so you can't say if my life was simpler as a kid or not. I'm speaking only from my point of view, not yours.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I'm just looking at it from a different point of view. That is not trying to draw out anything. If you choose not to follow me down this train of thought, that is your prerogative.

I will agree that as a kid I didn't have the same responsibilities that I do today. However that doesn't mean life was simpler. Again its all based on your point of view and the experiences you had. For all I know you were a rich kid that didn't have to want for anything, I don't know. You could have also been homeless and need to beg for food, again I don't know. Point is you don't know what life I had as a kid, so you can't say if my life was simpler as a kid or not. I'm speaking only from my point of view, not yours.

The point is I was talking about my life. Not yours. I stated a fact about my life. Next you thing you know we re comparing kids of different generations. Lol.

I was neither rich nor homeless. Just a happy kid from a middle class family. Anyway, I’m over this convo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The point is I was talking about my life. Not yours. I stated a fact about my life. Next you thing you know we re comparing kids of different generations. Lol.

I was neither rich nor homeless. Just a happy kid from a middle class family. Anyway, I’m over this convo.

See this is the thing we are looking at it from different perspectives. There is no reason to get exasperated, especially since you responded to my posts as if I knew your specific life story.

Since I don't know your childhood I will concede you personally had a simpler life back then.

For me, I have a MUCH simpler and easier life now. Do I have stresses now that I didn't have as a kid, yes. But I have the money to do the things I want to do. I didn't have that as a kid. Sure I was raised in a middle class family as well. But that doesn't mean I had an easy go of it.

Anyways, it goes back to looking things from different perspectives. Something that I know a lot of us, myself included, don't do in life a lot nor on these boards.

mickEblu

Original Poster
See this is the thing we are looking at it from different perspectives. There is no reason to get exasperated, especially since you responded to my posts as if I knew your specific life story.

Since I don't know your childhood I will concede you personally had a simpler life back then.

For me, I have a MUCH simpler and easier life now. Do I have stresses now that I didn't have as a kid, yes. But I have the money to do the things I want to do. I didn't have that as a kid. Sure I was raised in a middle class family as well. But that doesn't mean I had an easy go of it.

Anyways, it goes back to looking things from different perspectives. Something that I know a lot of us, myself included, don't do in life a lot nor on these boards.

You have a tendency to take one persons opinion or in this case, fact and make it a long drawn out thing. If I mention that I had a great childhood and that adulthood sucks, tell me how in the world you take that and it becomes you writing up some super long post comparing kids of different generations? (Rhetorical, I don’t really wanna know) In one of the last posts you were trying to tell me that life wasn’t necessarily simpler (for me) back then. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You have a tendency to take one persons opinion and make it a long drawn out thing. If I mention that I had a great childhood and that adulthood sucks, tell me how in the world you take that and it becomes you writing up some super long post comparing kids of different generations? (Rhetorical, I don’t really wanna know) In one of the last posts you were trying to tell me that life wasn’t necessarily simpler (for me) back then. Lol

Understood, since you don't want to see where I'm coming from, I'll go back to just posting jokingly and nothing else. You have yourself a good day. :cool:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Stopped by the Wonderland Gallery on Friday night.
They still had the Tiki Room POP in stock...

Kinda makes the hour-long line I stood in on release day seem rather silly.

Lol, wow. So what’s your gut feeling on the Splash Mountain pops. Do we have to wake up super early or will they available months later? BTW, Half hour can make a huge difference in the amount of time spent waiting in line. When the tiki pops were released, I heard a lady at the front of the line saying that she got to the park half hour before me. That half hour was the difference of her getting one almost immediately and me having to stand in line nearly two hours. Everyone seems to get there around the same time - half hour before opening or so.

EDIT: I’m talking about the park locations obviously. Not DTD. Also, I believe the secondary location (this time being Pooh’s store in Critter Country) in park is probably the best bet for a short line.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom