The Merch Alert Thread

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Lol, wow. So what’s your gut feeling on the Splash Mountain pops. Do we have to wake up super early or will they available months later? BTW, Half hour can make a huge difference in the amount of time spent waiting in line. When the tiki pops were released, I heard a lady at the front of the line saying that she got to the park half hour before me. That half hour was the difference of he getting one almost immediately and me having to stand in line nearly two hours. Everyone seems to get there around the same time - half hour before opening or so.

EDIT: I’m talking about the park locations obviously. Not DTD. Also, I believe the secondary location (this time being Pooh’s store in Critter Country) in park is probably the best bet for a short line.
Personally, I think the popularity of this one might be a bit more than Tiki Room, but perhaps they'll also order more in anticipation. I also have a feeling more of the flippers will be lining up for Wonderland Gallery since its the only location that doesn't require a pass/ticket to the parks. I'm sure there's a good amount of POP collector AP's though. I arrived at 10:30 and only had to wait an hour for WG so that's probably what I'll do again, but I'll try and get there a hair earlier.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Personally, I think the popularity of this one might be a bit more than Tiki Room, but perhaps they'll also order more in anticipation. I also have a feeling more of the flippers will be lining up for Wonderland Gallery since its the only location that doesn't require a pass/ticket to the parks. I'm sure there's a good amount of POP collector AP's though. I arrived at 10:30 and only had to wait an hour for WG so that's probably what I'll do again, but I'll try and get there a hair earlier.

I think I’m going to just try to be at the gate by 7:30am. That way I get to enjoy the park nice and uncrowded for a few hours too. The little extra sleep isn’t worth waiting 2 hours in line. It’s almost like you either go super early or “late” like you re planning to do.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Make of this as you will, but it would appear that Disney will be receiving over 20,000 Splash Mtn POPs.
Now that's probably split evenly at both parks, so consider Disney will get around 10,000. Divided up amongst
the 3 locations and each store should see a little over 3,000 in stock.

12 Pieces per case (x) 1,667 cases = 20,004

h7f7QHmpsXNzpGQL3WkRemV1sIhvTKlRXzRmoVrPNgQ.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Make of this as you will, but it would appear that Disney will be receiving over 20,000 Splash Mtn POPs.
Now that's probably split evenly at both parks, so consider Disney will get around 10,000. Divided up amongst
the 3 locations and each store should see a little over 3,000 in stock.

12 Pieces per case (x) 1,667 cases = 20,004

h7f7QHmpsXNzpGQL3WkRemV1sIhvTKlRXzRmoVrPNgQ.jpg

Nice detective work! This sounds like I don’t necessarily have to get up so early. Now the big question is how many are folks allowed to buy per person? With that said, I found that with the Tiki pops even though one could buy 10 pp most people were walking out with one or two.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Nice detective work! This sounds like I don’t necessarily have to get up so early. Now the big question is how many are folks allowed to buy per person? With that said, I found that with the Tiki pops even though one could buy 10 pp most people were walking out with one or two.
Yeah, most folks can settle with 1-2. It's the people who run to eBay or swap meets and flip them for profit that walked out with literal bags full with 10 each. But even still, there was still stock left as of last Friday evening. I would hope that due to a perceived higher popularity they'd limit to 2 per guest. But I guess we'll have to see. Perhaps a call into the WG would answer that.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yeah, most folks can settle with 1-2. It's the people who run to eBay or swap meets and flip them for profit that walked out with literal bags full with 10 each. But even still, there was still stock left as of last Friday evening. I would hope that due to a perceived higher popularity they'd limit to 2 per guest. But I guess we'll have to see. Perhaps a call into the WG would answer that.

WG?

mickEblu

Original Poster
Well @Hatbox Ghostbuster looks like we messed up again. Their were still quite a few POPs at Pooh’s corner around 11am and Wonderground Gallery around noon.

I was there today at the esplanade at 7:15 am. Lol. It’s funny, no matter how crazy you think you are, their are 100 people crazier than you. In line at the gate at 7:15 am and somehow when I power walked to Disneyana their were already a solid 75 people in line. So basically this means that there is a special group of people that get to the park at 6am and strategically line up at the turnstiles directly in front of the right entry tunnel. So at 7:40am those lines emptied into the parks extremely fast as they were all APs waiting there for POPs since God knows when. So I decided to try Pooh’s corner. I had my wife wait in the Disneyana line while I went and waited at the Adventureland entrance for rope drop. I was near the front of the group waiting. As soon as they let the rope down I jogged on over to Pooh’s corner and was like the third person in line.

Anyway, even though I almost had a minor heart attack from the jog/ run and woke up at 5:30 am today it was worth it. The fam and I enjoyed some TL walk ons that we don’t do very often like Buzz, Autopia and The Astroblasters. Also had a nice breakfast at Jolly Holiday. I’ve realized of all my different kinds of trips I enjoy the early morning visits the most. Their is a certain magic in the air for those first 2-3 hours that are lost when the crowds arrive. Feels like DL did when I was a kid on an off season day.

What time did you go? At this point it looks like Disney has figured out the demand for these is huge and they re making enough of them. Guess the Tiki supply wasn’t an anomaly.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well @Hatbox Ghostbuster looks like we messed up again. Their were still quite a few POPs at Pooh’s corner around 11am and Wonderground Gallery around noon.

I was there today at the esplanade at 7:15 am. Lol. It’s funny, no matter how crazy you think you are, their are 100 people crazier than you. In line at the gate at 7:15 am and somehow when I power walked to Disneyana their were already a solid 75 people in line. So basically this means that there is a special group of people that get to the park at 6am and strategically line up at the turnstiles directly in front of the right entry tunnel. So at 7:40am those lines emptied into the parks extremely fast as they were all APs waiting there for POPs since God knows when. So I decided to try Pooh’s corner. I had my wife wait in the Disneyana line while I went and waited at the Adventureland entrance for rope drop. I was near the front of the group waiting. As soon as they let the rope down I jogged on over to Pooh’s corner and was like the third person in line.

Anyway, even though I almost had a minor heart attack from the jog/ run and woke up at 5:30 am today it was worth it. The fam and I enjoyed some TL walk ons that we don’t do very often like Buzz, Autopia and The Astroblasters. Also had a nice breakfast at Jolly Holiday. I’ve realized of all my different kinds of trips I enjoy the early morning visits the most. Their is a certain magic in the air for those first 2-3 hours that are lost when the crowds arrive. Feels like DL did when I was a kid on an off season day.

What time did you go? At this point it looks like Disney has figured out the demand for these is huge and they re making enough of them. Guess the Tiki supply wasn’t an anomaly.

But you got yours before almost everyone else, that’s what’s important lol ;)

mickEblu

Original Poster
I had a great time on my way back to my wife at the Main Street lockets telling every group that I passed on their way to Pooh’s Corner that all the POPs were sold out. Lol. I would Leave them hanging for a few seconds to hear their disappointed reactions and then tell em the truth. Most of them had a good laugh.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Dude, for real. I did the same thing I had done for Tiki Room and got to Wonderland at 11. The line wasn’t nearly as long as it was last time and I was out the door (having done some additional browsing) by 11:30. We dropped it off in the car and we’re back in the parks by 12.

We didn’t stay long and I decided to just swing by Disneyana at 2 on the way out. Sure enough, they still had plenty and I overheard the door lady telling someone they still had a good amount in Critter Country.

I don’t know what to think anymore!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom