The Merch Alert Thread

Phroobar

The actual clock does have eyes on it's tail.

0b85f6e511f63346f5d781a514d4e231.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

Uhh...

I don't exactly consider those eyes. It's totally inconsistent with the statue, which has big cartoon eyes. Also, the eyes aren't really noticeable to me in proper lighting. No flash pictures...

mickEblu

Original Poster
Uhh...

I don't exactly consider those eyes. It's totally inconsistent with the statue, which has big cartoon eyes. Also, the eyes aren't really noticeable to me in proper lighting. No flash pictures...

Definitely not easy to catch especially in the dark. I wouldn't expect the lay rider to notice but I would expect Mr. Mansion to notice. I can see that they re definitely eyes in the picture that @phruby attached. The tail is basically a devils face with horns.

I'm going to need a new YouTube video from you highlighting the clock tail and how you learned something new about the Mansion after riding 23,437 times. If anything it proves how great the attraction is. That you could still find something new after so many rides.

SuddenStorm

Regardless of whether or not the thing has eyes on the tail, that Disney model that they're trying to sell looks nothing like the one in the ride.

Phroobar

Regardless of whether or not the thing has eyes on the tail, that Disney model that they're trying to sell looks nothing like the one in the ride.
For the scale of it, they are trying to highlight a small detail with artistic license. The model is not the same as the real thing. However, it should have been based on the price.

Phroobar

Uhh...

Every picture I've found of the clock (model or real) shows the eyes on the tail. It's very charming and a major feature of the clock. Heck even this guy caught the detail on his tattoo.
tumblr_nl33dwHktt1qa13uvo2_1280.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

The devil's in the details. What you see as a devil face, I see as a devil tail. I guess it can be both, but I see this is an obvious misinterpretation as far as the statue goes. It is off model. A tail would wag back and forth like that thing. A face wouldn't! You know I'm right, but I also think Mansion is open for interpretation. Like the Nexus in Star Trek: Generations, it's whatever you want it to be.

By the way, how dare all of you.

mickEblu

Original Poster
This may not be at the Disneyland Resort, but Van Eaton Galleries has an auction coming up, with most of the stuff on exhibit:

https://issuu.com/vaneatongalleries/docs/rememberingdisneyissuu2-sm

They do these every so often, and always have tons of great stuff. Any Disney collectors nearby should check it out.

I live about 10 minutes away from them. I was at the auction where they sold the people mover and Skyway bucket ride vehicles. They have some great stuff. Unfortunately all the stuff I like ( like the old silk screened attraction posters that hung in the park) are a little too expensive for my pockets (Hey @TP2000 could you buy me the Fuzzball AA from Captain EO currently listed at 50k if I pay you back on lay away?

Then I’m also turned off by all of the smaller, more affordable items because I ve seen literally some of the same things being sold on eBay for 1/10 of the price or less.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

could that clock be modeled after original concept art for the museum of the weird?

maybe someone knows where we could find some old concept art. i remember seeing the concept art on display once in the old gallery above Pirates and almost every item of the museum of the weird idea had faces with eyes on them. the Marc Davis concept art if i remember was much more comical than what ended up being built. i remember one of the hitchhiking ghosts looking like a fat comical "ITT" from the Adams family

Stevek

Trader Sam’s has 2 new mugs. One for the Piranha pool and a new Uh-oa bowl. Both are great.

Attachments

• 8438D032-8B0B-4E1C-9742-54FD7FDC41CF.jpeg
    8438D032-8B0B-4E1C-9742-54FD7FDC41CF.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 146

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom