The Merch Alert Thread

BrianLo

The purple glitter nail polish really 'sells' that new Starbucks Disneyland mug in the Reddit photo link posted above.

Gotta pick one of those up for sure when I'm in town.

-

I have the original and the colors are very similar and my favorite thing about it!

Is this the appropriate place to address that I have a serious problem?

IMG_7031.JPG

BrianLo

LOL. Wow you are well traveled sir. The new Disneyland mug looks better than the original.

It would be less embarrassing if that just wasn't the largely North American part of the collection. There is a whole other international starbucks line... in my den.

Did you buy your house because it was the perfect dimensions to fit three mugs from cabinet to ceiling?

Ha no, but I've got to admit when I was looking at condos the thought did occur to me that the mugs would fit there. Importantly there is still some space left...

mickEblu

Original Poster
It would be less embarrassing if that just wasn't the largely North American part of the collection. There is a whole other international starbucks line... in my den.

Ha no, but I've got to admit when I was looking at condos the thought did occur to me that the mugs would fit there. Importantly there is still some space left...

Hahah nice! On another note, I'm guessing there are no earthquakes in Canada?

BrianLo

Hahah nice! On another note, I'm guessing there are no earthquakes in Canada?

Good point, I can never live in California!

Vancouver Island gets them, but Calgary is too far away from a fault line. We do have wildfires, but that's about the extent of anything bad that happens here. Otherwise it's the sunniest city in Canada.

I guarantee at least some of my mugs have been through an earthquake. I've experienced a couple in South America and Japan.

Stevek

Is this the appropriate place to address that I have a serious problem?

View attachment 222111
I have a friend that makes you look like a amateur collector : )

She's addicted.

As for collections, things like funko (or vinylmation) are are insane to collect...I know someone that can't afford a pot to pee in but still manages to buy every funko possible...and then claims poverty. I have 3 things that I collect. Disney Parks aka Sam's tiki mugs, Disney Parks music CD's and Disney Parks books...I just got the amazing Paris 25 book thanks to my boss that was in Paris on a family vacation. Even those, especially the books, has been time consuming but not terribly expensive due to the secondary market. There are really only a handful I still want to add to my collection but those are from Tokyo and I'm not willing to spend what folks are asking.

George Lucas on a Bench

That's real? A green Halloween R2-D2? It reminds me of years ago before Disney owned Star Wars when they released a Christmas version of Darth Vader that was painted red. It was such a disaster they never did anything like it again.

Phroobar

That's real? A green Halloween R2-D2? It reminds me of years ago before Disney owned Star Wars when they released a Christmas version of Darth Vader that was painted red. It was such a disaster they never did anything like it again.
This is the second Halloween droid. They did it last year. We are also getting our third holiday astromech this year. R3-H17.

400020300270.1.png

George Lucas on a Bench

I feel like the merchandise that really confirms that Disney doesn't "get" The Haunted Mansion or how to turn it into a product (this is admittedly really hard to do, but there are plenty of charming items reflecting the spirit of the attraction) is the purple wallpaper stuff. Yes, the wallpaper is purple. You can see this when the lights are on when the attraction isn't operating correctly. That's the whole thing. It's not meant to be seen in that lighting. You can't tell it's purple while riding. You're not supposed to. It looks really daffy that way. Why, oh why?

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/08/HauntedMansionShowerCurtain-e1504120504833-630x483.jpg

What's next? Figures of the "ghosts" as they appear with the maintenance lights on? You know, robots wearing translucent sheets.

Macro

the purple wallpaper stuff. Yes, the wallpaper is purple. You can see this when the lights are on when the attraction isn't operating correctly. That's the whole thing. It's not meant to be seen in that lighting. You can't tell it's purple while riding. You're not supposed to. It looks really daffy that way. Why, oh why?
Maybe they assume that people who buy it have lit their homes like the ride. I like the sound of that.

Granted I own one of these:
316de59553a5d0b1511dcedf02da204a--haunted-mansion-halloween-disney-halloween.jpg

I really need to get another one. It's not right to just have one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom