the MANY problems with Genie+ and paid FastPass (or whatever they are calling it)

Jeff4272

Original Poster
The window isn't going to be marching forward as fast as you seem to think it will. If you go to book something at 1pm, you're not going to see next availability at 5pm.
beg to differ..........especially in AK, HS and Epcot and likely in MK on busy days

And that rope drop penalty could be eliminated by allowing you to choose return time's as opposed to next available

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
???????

Do you understand how it works now?
correct.......then you are behind on your day as some availability will be taken up

Let me explain it this way.........If i could book first ride at 8pm the night before and I got Space Mountain return time noon, then your second ride could be booked at park opening and i got Thunder for return time at 1pm, then id have 2 of the rides i wanted booked for as soon as i arrive without waking up at 7am and without getting there for park opening

I cannot do that as Genie+ is currently constituted because
1) i have to wake up at 7am
2) I have to take next available
3) id have to wait 120 mins or until i ride to book second ride

Two questions here: why does your first LL ressie start 120 min after you enter the park? I didn’t read that anywhere but perhaps I missed it. Second: why do you think you wouldn’t be able to select your LL at some point later in the day/does it have to be first available? Was that info shared somewhere?

nickys

Premium Member
correct.......then you are behind on your day as some availability will be taken up

Let me explain it this way.........If i could book first ride at 8pm the night before and I got Space Mountain return time noon, then your second ride could be booked at park opening and i got Thunder for return time at 1pm, then id have 2 of the rides i wanted booked for as soon as i arrive without waking up at 7am and without getting there for park opening

I cannot do that as Genie+ is currently constituted because
1) i have to wake up at 7am
2) I have to take next available
3) id have to wait 120 mins or until i ride to book second ride
I think only #1 in that list is confirmed. But you don’t have to wake at 7am, you can leave it until later.

Of course if #3 is true, then if you do book the first one at 7am, then by park opening you’ll be able to book your second one.

But again, no one will make you wake at 7am. It is not necessary to do so. It may be advantageous, but not a necessity.

CaptainAmerica

beg to differ..........especially in AK, HS and Epcot and likely in MK on busy days

And that rope drop penalty could be eliminated by allowing you to choose return time's as opposed to next available
The only rides where that was ever a problem were the one or two brand new ones in a given park. Those same rides are the pay-for-access rides, meaning they're not part of Genie+ to begin with.

Jeff4272

Original Poster
Two questions here: why does your first LL ressie start 120 min after you enter the park? I didn’t read that anywhere but perhaps I missed it. Second: why do you think you wouldn’t be able to select your LL at some point later in the day/does it have to be first available? Was that info shared somewhere?
Not LL. genie +

CaptainAmerica

I think only #1 in that list is confirmed. But you don’t have to wake at 7am, you can leave it until later.

Of course if #3 is true, then if you do book the first one at 7am, then by park opening you’ll be able to book your second one.

But again, no one will make you wake at 7am. It is not necessary to do so. It may be advantageous, but not a necessity.
Genie+ is "next available."

Individual attraction selections can be scheduled.

Jeff4272

Original Poster

Agree. So penalizes any guests that want to go later in day

Ayla

I wouldn't spend too much time and energy gaming this out. When TRON opens, the Magic Kingdom's operating model is going to change drastically.
LOL Tron won't be available for the early morning 30 minutes, just like Rise isn't available for the early morning 30 minutes.

CaptainAmerica

1629822497227.png

Jeff4272

Original Poster
The only rides where that was ever a problem were the one or two brand new ones in a given park. Those same rides are the pay-for-access rides, meaning they're not part of Genie+ to begin with.Thanks for clarifying. Now how about the 120 min-is that the time required between two Genie+ selections?
That’s how maxpass worked.
either after you check in for your first ride or 90-120 mins after you book a ride, whatever came first

CaptainAmerica

Thanks for clarifying. Now how about the 120 min-is that the time required between two Genie+ selections?
It's expected to work like old FastPass.

Once you use Pass 1, you can book Pass 2.

If the Pass 1 you book is for six hours from now, you can book a Pass 2 some time after booking Pass 1, even if you haven't used Pass 1 yet. Jeff has pulled out of his that this will be 120 minutes.

nickys

Premium Member
either after you check in for your first ride or 90-120 mins after you book a ride, whatever came first
Right. And at DLP under their old system.

But I don’t think that has been confirmed to be the case for Genie+ yet.

CaptainAmerica

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were following along with the rope drop discussion. I guess you're having a totally separate discussion with...?
We don't know what they're going to do. When Avatar opened, they did special evening hours for resort guests every night for a few months. When Star Wars opened, they were opening Hollywood Studios at 7am most days. There might not BE 30 morning minutes once Tron opens, and if there are, it might not be at 8:30, it might be at 6:30.

CaptainAmerica

MaxPass didn't block out the 8 peak demand attractions, which are the only ones where the 90-120 minutes would have come into play in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom