The Mandalorian & Grogu (Lucasfilm - 2026 Theatrical)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Rey movie will be an "important" movie for Disney and Disney will call it a success even when it will cost more money to make than it will bring in.

I personally do not understand why Disney is taking Marvel and now Star Wars in the direction they are.

I must keep reminding myself, these movies are not made for me. They are made for others.
Then that’s not a success…and it doesn’t Seem anyone - other than five angry people in moms living room around here - is buying their schtick anymore

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Raiding the "Legends" for source material is a good thing, IMO.

1. Disney already knows from fan feedback which of those stories were well received and which weren't. So, it can cherry pick what worked.

2. It comes back into canon, only this time, without the contradictory and inconsistent storylines.

3. Fans disappointed that Legendary stories were de-canonized, should be happy they're being brought back into the fold.
Translation: they completely missed

erasure fan1

Disney is king of cancelling announced projects, not just in Star Wars but everything from Parks to Studios. This has been the same going all the way back to Walt's day.
So wouldn't that validate @Sirwalterraleigh and his opinion? It's not a stretch in the least bit that some or all the movies might not happen. There's a definite track record that says it's possible.
There is discussion going on right now in various threads on this site speculating about various different projects and their status. So I'm not sure I understand why this is any different just because its Star Wars.
Because no other franchise in Disney, or really anywhere, has cancelled more movies than they've produced. That's the difference. Has it happened with marvel, pirates, toy story... And if it has, we don't know about it. And that would be another strike against how lucasfilm has been run.
And while the Filoni Thrawn movie is still in speculation mode for you, Raleigh, and maybe others, it doesn't mean cold water has to be thrown on any posts that discusses about it.
I didn't take it as cold water being thrown on it. It was valid, warranted skepticism. Like you said, it's a discussion forum, that's what we do, give opinions. And the opinion that, I'll believe it when I see it, isn't really a less valid opinion. Especially with the reasons you gave.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can say that same about any movie in Hollywood that is announced and discussed on the internet.

I can think of only one other that has do so in such public fashion…our friends in the halls of justice

Also are they actually using the Zahn books? As I don't think its been confirmed or even rumored to be 100% based off the Zahn books.
I don’t know to be honest…maybe he’s writing/contributing on something new?

It seems they have two options based on previous events: lean heavy into the “Jedi +5” zone (already doing it)…reset and go old Jedi/republic

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Sony extended Spider-Man films that have been talked about, worked on (for years), officially delayed, officially dead:

The Sinister Six
Nightwatch
Jackpot
Untitled Roberto Orci project (March 2020)
Untitled Olivia Wilde project (August 2020)
El Muerto
Untitled Hypno-Hustler film
a film centered around Mysterio by June 2017
Silk: Spider Society
Spider-Man Noir film
Silver & Black (also, a separate Black Cat film)
Any number of Spider-Man sequels based on any of the 3 recent actors

Phroobar

The Rey movie will be an "important" movie for Disney and Disney will call it a success even when it will cost more money to make than it will bring in.

I personally do not understand why Disney is taking Marvel and now Star Wars in the direction they are.

I must keep reminding myself, these movies are not made for me. They are made for others.
Who are the "others"?

iu

erasure fan1

Sony extended Spider-Man films that have been talked about, worked on (for years), officially delayed, officially dead:

The Sinister Six
Nightwatch
Jackpot
Untitled Roberto Orci project (March 2020)
Untitled Olivia Wilde project (August 2020)
El Muerto
Untitled Hypno-Hustler film
a film centered around Mysterio by June 2017
Silk: Spider Society
Spider-Man Noir film
Silver & Black (also, a separate Black Cat film)
Any number of Spider-Man sequels based on any of the 3 recent actors
Now I could be mistaken, but most of that was never officially announced with statements from the top dog in the studio. There's a couple for sure that they did talk about, like the sinister six. But there's a difference between untitled project as a placeholder, which is extremely common. And having the president of the company come out announce them. Or create a whole announcement trailer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Now I could be mistaken, but most of that was never officially announced with statements from the top dog in the studio. There's a couple for sure that they did talk about, like the sinister six. But there's a difference between untitled project as a placeholder, which is extremely common. And having the president of the company come out announce them. Or create a whole announcement trailer.
You wanna meet up this weekend and see Rogue Squadron? 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only one in recent memory that comes close is DCEU. Not sure that’s a comparison Lucasfilm would want to invite.

It’s not just “announced.” They had elaborate announcement videos like Patty Jenkins Roque Squadron project.
We gotta find that clip and post it…the fighter pilot promo?

That’s a tad more than “everyone does it”

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So wouldn't that validate @Sirwalterraleigh and his opinion? It's not a stretch in the least bit that some or all the movies might not happen. There's a definite track record that says it's possible.
Except in this case its not a common response to other Disney projects, unlike it being said by Raleigh anytime anything new is discussed about Star Wars.

Because no other franchise in Disney, or really anywhere, has cancelled more movies than they've produced. That's the difference. Has it happened with marvel, pirates, toy story... And if it has, we don't know about it. And that would be another strike against how lucasfilm has been run.
Marvel has been known to announce many movie projects then cancel them all throughout its history, long before Disney. Its so common it has its own Wiki page -

I didn't take it as cold water being thrown on it. It was valid, warranted skepticism. Like you said, it's a discussion forum, that's what we do, give opinions. And the opinion that, I'll believe it when I see it, isn't really a less valid opinion. Especially with the reasons you gave.
Except its a common response every time something new about Star Wars is discussed. If it was just a standalone post on its own I would agree with you. But since its almost always in response to a quoted post it comes across as trying to shutdown the conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom