The Mandalorian & Grogu (Lucasfilm - 2026 Theatrical)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And apparently, Mando series 4 is still in the works....

It’s not yet been confirmed whether Pascal will reprise his role as the Mandalorian for the new film. At present, a fourth season of his hit series is also in development.

"At present"

MickeyMouse10

I've really enjoyed "most of" Jon Favreau's films and shows he has done. Because it seems "most of" the stuff he's involved with are actually thought out ahead of time. Production and Script-wise.

But it's tough to get the 3rd season of "Mando" out of my head. It's like doing a movie based on the TV show "Lost" after the awful final season. It was so..... lame. They pooped the bed so much, I don't know how they are going to clean it up. For some reason they made Bo Katan the star of the show instead of Mando, and for some crazy reason they cast Lizzo and Jack Black. ?????? It had to be (Kathleen Kennedy's yes man) Dave Filoni's fault somehow, he likes putting his own cartoon characters into stuff and making them overpowered.

Last edited:

Hawkeye_2018

I've really enjoyed "most of" Jon Favreau's films and shows he has done. Because it seems "most of" the stuff he's involved with are actually thought out ahead of time. Production and Script-wise.

But it's tough to get the 3rd season of "Mando" out of my head. It's like doing a movie based on the TV show "Lost" after the awful final season. It was so..... lame. They pooped the bed so much, I don't know how they are going to clean it up. For some reason they made Bo Katan the star of the show instead of Mando, and for some crazy reason they cast Lizzo and Jack Black. ?????? It had to be (Kathleen Kennedy's yes man) Dave Filoni's fault somehow, he likes putting his own cartoon characters into stuff and making them overpowered.
Yeah S3 was pretty bad. Hopefully the heard the criticism and get this back on track

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Rejected titles of the movie:

"A Man and His Little Alien Friend"
"Mando and Boba - A Bounty Hunter's Tale"
"Three Bounty Hunters and an Alien Baby"
"The Bescar Bachelor"
"The Mandalorian - A New Hope"
"The Mandalorian Strikes Back"
"Return of the Mandalorian"
"Grogu's Big Adventure"

Rumor has it Ms. Kennedy was really pushing for the last one, she thought it "was cute".

I was thinking: “please forgive us and buy some legos…here’s luke Skywalker and Princess Leia CGI”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah S3 was pretty bad. Hopefully the heard the criticism and get this back on track
It was awful at the end…looked totally played out after how good season 2 was…

But we’ll see
That is the Filomi movie and it appears to still be happening.
I’ll believe a movie is happening when they…you know?…actually shoot a frame/byte of film

I don’t know how they’re gonna pull off a zahn movie? But it’s intriguing.

I mean…it would be a legitimate sequel to Jedi…but I see 3-4 problems with that off the top of my head…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was done to take the focus off the Rey movie and its director.

Of all the Disney movies, this Mando/Grogu movie interests me the most.

Will I go to the theater to see it, probably not.
I hope it was to cover the cancellation of such.

That movie is a flop. Mark that down now. They should just do a crossover with the marvels and get it over with…maybe Indiana Jones too? 🤔

Disstevefan1

I hope it was to cover the cancellation of such.

That movie is a flop. Mark that down now. They should just do a crossover with the marvels and get it over with…maybe Indiana Jones too? 🤔
The Rey movie will be an "important" movie for Disney and Disney will call it a success even when it will cost more money to make than it will bring in.

I personally do not understand why Disney is taking Marvel and now Star Wars in the direction they are.

I must keep reminding myself, these movies are not made for me. They are made for others.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’ll believe a movie is happening when they…you know?…actually shoot a frame/byte of film

I don’t know how they’re gonna pull off a zahn movie? But it’s intriguing.

I mean…it would be a legitimate sequel to Jedi…but I see 3-4 problems with that off the top of my head…
You can say that same about any movie in Hollywood that is announced and discussed on the internet.

Also are they actually using the Zahn books? As I don't think its been confirmed or even rumored to be 100% based off the Zahn books.

doctornick

I feel like I watched a different show that you. I thought season 3 was still quite good. And it actually seemed to have a point more than season 2 which just seemed to go from cameo to cameo and then was retconned away - in a different show - with Grogu coming back.

Tha Realest

You can say that same about any movie in Hollywood that is announced and discussed on the internet.

Also are they actually using the Zahn books? As I don't think its been confirmed or even rumored to be 100% based off the Zahn books.
I don’t think so. Though, Zahn’s in an interesting spot. His HTTE trilogy was banished to the “Legends” (non-canon). Though, Filoni loved the Thrawn character to be gave him a new (canon) life in SW: Rebels. Zahn’s now authored two new trilogies of Thrawn novels, both of which are canon.

I wouldn’t expect much of the HTTE books to be integrated into this new film.

erasure fan1

I think this is a bit different. I'm not sure I could name any major franchise that has cancelled more movies than it's made like star wars has. Sure lots of individual movies get announced then quietly go away. But I can't really blame anyone for thinking there's a possibility that some or all of the 4 announced star wars films don't get made. When I see a trailer, I'll believe they're coming. Until then it's speculation in my book. Because again, Disney has cancelled more star wars movies than they've made.

Tha Realest

I think this is a bit different. I'm not sure I could name any major franchise that has cancelled more movies than it's made like star wars has. Sure lots of individual movies get announced then quietly go away. But I can't really blame anyone for thinking there's a possibility that some or all of the 4 announced star wars films don't get made. When I see a trailer, I'll believe they're coming. Until then it's speculation in my book. Because again, Disney has cancelled more star wars movies than they've made.
The only one in recent memory that comes close is DCEU. Not sure that’s a comparison Lucasfilm would want to invite.

It’s not just “announced.” They had elaborate announcement videos like Patty Jenkins Roque Squadron project.

MickeyMouse10

I feel like I watched a different show that you. I thought season 3 was still quite good. And it actually seemed to have a point more than season 2 which just seemed to go from cameo to cameo and then was retconned away - in a different show - with Grogu coming back.

I'm glad you liked it.

In my opinion though Season 2 was way better than Season 3. Despite the stupid retcon on Boba Fett, that should have never happened. That idea seemed like it came completely out of left field. Like it was someone else's idea other than Jon Favreau's. (See Filioni or even Kennedy). Grogu studying with Luke seemed like it was supposed to be for a whole season. But some shortsighted fool wanted to save Boba Fett's show and ended up sabotaging poor Mando's in the process.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney is king of cancelling announced projects, not just in Star Wars but everything from Parks to Studios. This has been the same going all the way back to Walt's day. I'm still waiting for Edison Square in DL.

Also speculation is part and parcel of being a Disney Fan. This site and other fan sites like it were created on the backs of fan speculation about Disney projects. There is discussion going on right now in various threads on this site speculating about various different projects and their status. So I'm not sure I understand why this is any different just because its Star Wars.

And while the Filoni Thrawn movie is still in speculation mode for you, Raleigh, and maybe others, it doesn't mean cold water has to be thrown on any posts that discusses about it. Let the discussion flow, and let it just be assumed that its a "I'll believe it when I see it" opinion for most posters in a majority of cases without that having to be posted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Raiding the "Legends" for source material is a good thing, IMO.

1. Disney already knows from fan feedback which of those stories were well received and which weren't. So, it can cherry pick what worked.

2. It comes back into canon, only this time, without the contradictory and inconsistent storylines.

3. Fans disappointed that Legendary stories were de-canonized, should be happy they're being brought back into the fold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom