The Mandalorian & Grogu (Lucasfilm - 2026 Theatrical)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not sure. This still reaffirms the Rey film is a go, as is Mangold’s film. Nothing mentioned about the Rian Johnson films, despite constant reassurances from him and others that they’re not cancelled.
All those should be publicly cancelled by the new management…when people grow up/get serious

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Odd Tuesday in January announcement? Feels like a rush job to me.

Really? Why does it feel rushed? What day of the week and time of the year would an announcement of a film not have any feelings of being rushed?

I'm guessing maybe it was rushed based on...
A supposition of yours doubling down on @ABQ's *feeling* of it being rushed.

There is nothing substantial to start spinning the story that the studio is out of control rushing out announcements.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Its the official title. It could be changed, but it makes sense based on the series' title. You can't just call it 'The Mandalorian: The Movie'. It also puts Grogu into the title, and lets face it, he's the actual star of the series when you're talking about the general public.

Essentially I think this is S4 and would lead into the Filoni 'wrap up' movie along with Ahsoka S2 and any other loose ends they want to put in.
Indeed. Both "The Mandalorian" and "Grogu" have a certain appeal amongst fans. It's pure marketing, but it's not cringey. It's rather straightforward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really? Why does it feel rushed? What day of the week and time of the year would an announcement of a film not have any feelings of being rushed?

There is nothing substantial to start spinning the story that the studio is out of control rushing out announcements.
Perhaps the FACT that all Disney movies studios had a disastrous year and they can’t even get a Star Wars movie made leads to that somewhat obvious opinion?

…nah…won’t get through the shields…I’m sure

Tha Realest

It does note this film goes into production later this year. That presumes they have a script, or a pretty fleshed out treatment for the film. Maybe they’re eschewing Mando S4 in favor of this?

It also says this film will “lead off” the development slate to include the Rey film, Mangold’s film, and the Filoni Mandoverse film. Which is interesting, as those films had been announced months ago and would have seemingly been in development for much longer. Interesting that Favreau’s film is leapfrogging those projects.

Indy_UK

They said season 4 was going to essentially be the cancelled Rangers of the New Republic with with Mando instead of Cara Dune so i can see it being changed to a movie with the leapfrog but im not sure it's going to be very exciting.

Sounds to me like Disney putting the pressure on Kathleen to get a Star Wars movie released.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They said season 4 was going to essentially be the cancelled Rangers of the New Republic with with Mando instead of Cara Dune son can see it being changed to a movie with the leapfrog but im not sure it's going to be very exciting.

Sounds to me like Disney putting the pressure on Kathleen to get a Star Wars movie released.
I admire you for having a functioning, adult brain

erasure fan1

It's not spinning, it's a guess, a hunch. That should be fairly obvious. You're the one spinning it as I said the studio is out of control. It's fairly obvious that the Rey info hasn't exactly gone over well. Everything doesn't have to be some great slight on Disney. Like I said, IF it was a PR move to get some better press, BRAVO, that's a smart move. It could also just be they were finally ready to announce it. Either way, we will never get that answer so neither you or I have any clue. It's all speculation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not spinning, it's a guess, a hunch. That should be fairly obvious. You're the one spinning it as I said the studio is out of control. It's fairly obvious that the Rey info hasn't exactly gone over well. Everything doesn't have to be some great slight on Disney. Like I said, IF it was a PR move to get some better press, BRAVO, that's a smart move. It could also just be they were finally ready to announce it. Either way, we will never get that answer so neither you or I have any clue. It's all speculation.

Nobody told you that there’s two different planets humans live on, huh?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Rejected titles of the movie:

"A Man and His Little Alien Friend"
"Mando and Boba - A Bounty Hunter's Tale"
"Three Bounty Hunters and an Alien Baby"
"The Bescar Bachelor"
"The Mandalorian - A New Hope"
"The Mandalorian Strikes Back"
"Return of the Mandalorian"
"Grogu's Big Adventure"

Rumor has it Ms. Kennedy was really pushing for the last one, she thought it "was cute".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom