The Magic Of Disney Animation closing?

Tinkrbell

Then the characters, which could be seen there, as sorcerer mickey, where you will see now for photographs and autographs ?? I travel in August.
Minnie moved back to the center of the park with the other characters that meet there.
Mickey moved to where Darth Vader meets during Star Wars Weekends, by the old entrance for the Backlot Tour.
Baymax & Hiro are no longer meeting guests at Hollywood Studios.

TyrantBoss

I used to walk up to the Disney Animators after we took our classes and would ask them for their copy of the drawing they made for our class.
They would gladly sign it and give it to me.
We have about 10 years worth of drawings from every visit for the last 10 years that we are going to frame and hang all over the house.

It was something that most people never thought of doing, but I'm glad I took the chance and asked for their drawings.

brb1006

Original Poster
I remember some rare characters would show up at the Art Of Animation area. Does this mean they won't show up in any area that easy to find anymore?

Journey_On

I used to walk up to the Disney Animators after we took our classes and would ask them for their copy of the drawing they made for our class.
They would gladly sign it and give it to me.
We have about 10 years worth of drawings from every visit for the last 10 years that we are going to frame and hang all over the house.

It was something that most people never thought of doing, but I'm glad I took the chance and asked for their drawings.

Really cool that you thought to do that!

In the past few times I went this year, at the end of the class the animator would ask a Disney movie trivia question for a chance to win the animator's drawing. My DBF got to take home the animator's drawing twice this way. :)

ToTBellHop

He's probably just talking about when CharacterPalooza used to happen there
Does that still happen? It's around ToT last I heard. Never been though. I barely go to DHS in general any more (having two 2-year olds will do that...I miss my Tower, though; with all of the talk about moving rides, I'd love if they could move ToT to Epcot for me).

djkidkaz

There was a rumor that Star Wars was taking over this building with art and set props but that was just announced for Shanghai so it's likely that it where the rumor came from.

BrightImagine

Does that still happen? It's around ToT last I heard. Never been though. I barely go to DHS in general any more (having two 2-year olds will do that...I miss my Tower, though; with all of the talk about moving rides, I'd love if they could move ToT to Epcot for me).

I don't think Character-Palooza has existed for a few years because my impression was it was to make up for days of the week when there was no Fantasmic! performance. It definitely wasn't happening at the Magic of Animation. I think any rare characters show up at Epcot nowadays.

YodaMan

I don't think Character-Palooza has existed for a few years because my impression was it was to make up for days of the week when there was no Fantasmic! performance. It definitely wasn't happening at the Magic of Animation. I think any rare characters show up at Epcot nowadays.

Not quite. Pretty sure they exist so that the "friends" in the show still can get 6 hours of work. So it's only on nights that Fant is happening when there are 2 shows or less (aka it's still happening fairly regularly)

Chef Kronk

Character Palooza still exists. It happened at the Magic of Disney Animation from 2009-2012, Streets of America from 2012-2014, and ToT from 2014-early 2015. Now, however, it is completely randomized. No set times or locations anymore, but it still happens.

asianway

Not quite. Pretty sure they exist so that the "friends" in the show still can get 6 hours of work. So it's only on nights that Fant is happening when there are 2 shows or less (aka it's still happening fairly regularly)
It even existed before 2009 at the hat. Back when there was a day parade it was to bridge the hours till F!. Now it's scaled down a bit

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
We did it last summer in the streets of America area.

ChesterKiwi

I stop checking the forums for one month and get completely shocked when the Magic of Animation is "permanently closed".

...I had even promised my youngest brother last time we'd go to the drawing academy the next time we came, since we missed it... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom