The junk yards gone

Jerm

Some how I was guessing from the OP that the poster had no idea what he was talking about. So everything is fine in the world!

J

imagineer boy

What's really sad is that they would rather build a sub par monsters inc attraction at the MK rather than use the money for a better purpose like fixing up this poor attraction. :brick: This is just sad.

It's a shame all that land it take up could hold an awesome attraction or two or three!!!! That IMO is what they should do.

I'd rather not see the cars/props at all than see them in such bad shape it's really harsh... some of them are from really bad movies too!

The water tank part hasn't changed in about 15 years apart from to add the Pearl Harbor part (again sucky movie).

Catstrophe Canyon I think is an awful part of the attraction and must cost a fortune to run they should just gut the whole thing.

There should be more space made for one man's dream and you should be able to go aboard the (refurbed) plane and visit replicas of Walt's home and office etc... I LOVE one man's dream the film always makes me cry.

JLW11Hi

The folks in charge of MGM need to wake up and admit that the place is no longer a working studio. Its sad to hear the lies you hear about "actual working soundstages" and "actual film production" that hasn't happened their for years. I don't care if the park is leaning more toward "fake" Hollywood. I'm all for it. But If they are going to do it, then do it!

Its too bad they arbitrarily stuck LMA back in that corner of the park. They should have taken the oppertunity to close the backlot tour and do a complete rehaul of that entrie area. Now they are going to have to work around the LMA show somehow. And now with Toy Story Mania going in on Mickey Avenue, any future possibilities of consistent theming in that area of MGM are hopeless. But whatever, its too late now. Just close the tour and make something better!

duckburg85

Why do I feel that the OP is making this up? They wouldn't get rid of those things without replacing with new props or shutting down the ride, there is nothing but the bone yard and the canyon...

also what coaster are you talking about? You said they have the crushed props behind the coaster...what?

It would'nt be behind the rocking roller coaster...

PBarton

They should put the plane underneath the stupid sorcerer's hat! - Joking..

The placement of the hat infront of the Chinsese theatre was the begining of the end regarding the theming of MGM - Get rid of it now!

They should have used the LMA area to build a massive building that could have housed the plane, along with all of the One Man's Dream items - LMA has no return appeal in my opinion, although it beats watching it in DLP in the middle of winter.... now that's cold!

Chape19714

They should put the plane underneath the stupid sorcerer's hat! - Joking..

The placement of the hat infront of the Chinsese theatre was the begining of the end regarding the theming of MGM - Get rid of it now!

They should have used the LMA area to build a massive building that could have housed the plane, along with all of the One Man's Dream items - LMA has no return appeal in my opinion, although it beats watching it in DLP in the middle of winter.... now that's cold!
The Hat may not be the best for theaming, but it was a needed step for MGM to prevent a possible copyright infringment lawsuit. We may not like it, but there is a purpose.

As for the Backlot Tour, it definately needs some work, and the working studio theme should probally be dropped. However, it still has hope. A tour through costuming and prop department, along with some historical boneyard artifacts may still work, providing that they change everything from "We're filming movies" to "We're making costumes, props, and magic for all of our Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts!" That would be better, the studio look of it could be kept, but no longer a movie thing.

All and all, LMAX presents a huge problem for the tour, filling in the tram route with some buildings and such, and possibly making it a walking tour might fill in the gap, making it somewhat of a worthwhile attraction.

eddy21

Original Poster
I am in the park 5 nights a week so I have a good idea whats happening and yes behind the rockin roller coaster.there is a huge parking area there:hammer:

TikiBeckie

This is totally made up, WDW would NOT crush these items!!! :ROFLOL:

However, something does need to be done on this ride. It needs more "pizazz". I am a huge Hollywood fan, and would love this ride to revamped, it has gotten so boring.

fizzle75

I hate to say it but, it's not really worth it even if you are first time visitor !

Unkadug, I must respecftully disagree. My wife and I saw it for the first time in April of 2005 and then again in April of 2006 and both times we really enjoyed it. Yeah, it's not a must see attraction but if you are a first timer and have time I would definitely recommend seeing it,prior to the crushing of the props that is(as I type I realize you are probably meaning it's not worth it in it's current state).

The last time we saw it was in December of last year and we were looking forward to it but we waited in line for quite some time and were rushed through the water tank scene, I am assuming, because it wasn't working properly that day. Was it just not working properly that day or has the tank been closed permanently?

I hate to see it go the way of the buffalo but a refurb or closure is sorely needed. I just can't help but feel that they could have used those props somehow instead of just destroying them. What a shame:( .

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Rode it on Tuesday (long after the poster said they were gone) and they we're still there. Sounds like someone is lying. :hammer:

trolling-cliff.jpg

disneywy

Rode it on Tuesday (long after the poster said they were gone) and they we're still there. Sounds like someone is lying. :hammer:

Nobody is lying...they were taken out and crushed. If you had been on Wednesday you wouldn't have seen them on the ride. They were backstage this past week being taken apart. Ususally there are legal issues for things like this, so could have been why they were distroyed.

Jerm

Seems we are getting a lot of people just posting things that they have no idea what they are talking about on here. So they were gone on the 15th then back then gone again?

J

disneywy

Seems we are getting a lot of people just posting things that they have no idea what they are talking about on here. So they were gone on the 15th then back then gone again?

J

The last day they were on display was the Tuesday, Feb 13th. Some haven't been touched, but basically one row was taken out.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
I misread the date of the OP. I'll try to check sometime this week and see what's going on.

(I wonder if someone significant heard how bad we were bashing the stuff on Tuesday. :lol:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom