The invasion begins...a heads-up for visitors next week

Flip83

I think you experience it if you stay at Value Resorts. We went last year during this, and we werent bothered by it. Not many were at Pop Century, and we Didn't see much of them in the parks. (maybe got lucky) But it really won't affect you if you stay at a Moderate resort. Trust me, I hate annoying cheerleaders and cheers from them. But I hardly had to deal w/ them last year

sweetpee_1993

Is it a rule that cheerleaders must cheer while waiting in line for RnR??? I think it must be written down somewhere in their rule book!

The rule also includes singing along to the Aerosmith songs at full-cheer volume. You know it's bad when a preteen boy (you'd think would be in hog-heaven with the numbers of scantilly-clad teen eye candy all around) asks the nearest squealing participant if they really have to act like that. Lol!

Kamikaze

Okay, so he was incorrect about the origin of the name, but I don't think it required that type of jackass response. It's not like he gave some sort of world-ending, life-changing misinformation. Was it really that big of a deal?

Why would you ever post something if you don't have a clue about it? Just to seem educated on the subject? Makes zero sense, and has zero logic. What did they call it in his little world before Pop Century existed? All Star Warner?

tirian

Off Topic, the Pop Warner organization is actually pretty cool. It's one of the few youth sports organization to have academic requirements. It's a cool way to get kids involved in footbal or cheerleading, but not in an insane stage-mother type way.

I don't know which PW events you've attended, but every one I witnessed had screaming, vicious parents. PW games can be more brutal than NFL. :ROFLOL:

WDWFigment

Why would you ever post something if you don't have a clue about it? Just to seem educated on the subject? Makes zero sense, and has zero logic. What did they call it in his little world before Pop Century existed? All Star Warner?

Wow, I didn't see it that way before. Now his inconsequential misstatement totally justifies responding like a jackass.

Tiggermom2

Pop Warner

Every year we vow the same, that next year we will not go on that weekend. But for as long as I can remember we always go this weekened, week time frame every year...ritual and nothing will change it.

AEfx

I don't know which PW events you've attended, but every one I witnessed had screaming, vicious parents. PW games can be more brutal than NFL. :ROFLOL:

The kind of people that should be locked up and shouldn't have been allowed to breed in the first place...the only thing worse than a jock who thinks he floats on air because he can throw a ball is the parent who thinks their kid is the only person in the world and lives vicariously through them while chowing on cheetos and beer.

ShadeRF

Hopefully they won't affect me too much. I'll be staying at Coronado Springs from tomorrow (Sunday) through Friday.

EvanAnderson

Cast Members HATE them. H.A.T.E. them. You dread those shifts where you know you'll be dealing with them.

In my days at Tower, the lobby is full of screaming, they overreact to the library videos, the boiler room is then full of screaming, and guests who end up with an elevator with them ask to be put on another one, which we gladly accommodate for.

When you're at fastpass return, they'll come up, all 30 of them, and of course they're 5 minutes early. Having to tell them ALL to come back in 5 minutes SUCKS! They stand really close to you, just annoying the hell out of you "how do you like your job? why did they get to go in? where are you from? I like the name Tim. I have a brother named Tim. So why aren't you smiling? This is Disneyworld, you're supposed to be happy. Can we go yet? Why aren't you talking to us? Did you know that we placed 3rd last night? Ok it's time now, my phone says its time!!" So I say "Fine" and let them pass, even if it's not time, just to get them out of my face!

If I EVER had a kid that behaved that poorly... :brick:

I hated when the cheerleaders were there... let's just say I didn't appreciate going around a corner and find some underage kids doing some very adult things... and it happened more often then I'd like to recall during that time. I remember it being like those people who "go on vacation and check their maturity at the door" x1,000. You won't catch me at WDW during that time. :ROFLOL:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Cast Members HATE them. H.A.T.E. them. You dread those shifts where you know you'll be dealing with them.

In my days at Tower, the lobby is full of screaming, they overreact to the library videos, the boiler room is then full of screaming, and guests who end up with an elevator with them ask to be put on another one, which we gladly accommodate for.

When you're at fastpass return, they'll come up, all 30 of them, and of course they're 5 minutes early. Having to tell them ALL to come back in 5 minutes SUCKS! They stand really close to you, just annoying the hell out of you "how do you like your job? why did they get to go in? where are you from? I like the name Tim. I have a brother named Tim. So why aren't you smiling? This is Disneyworld, you're supposed to be happy. Can we go yet? Why aren't you talking to us? Did you know that we placed 3rd last night? Ok it's time now, my phone says its time!!" So I say "Fine" and let them pass, even if it's not time, just to get them out of my face!

If I EVER had a kid that behaved that poorly... :brick:

:lol:
I'm sorry that doesn't sound like misbehaving to me...just a typical talkative kid.

Now if he was kicking your shins at the same time...that's a different story!

disneyrcks

Coming outside of a Wal-Mart this weekend, there was a troop of cheerleaders collecting money so they could go to WDW. I always give to charity stuff like that - Not that one. I wish Disney would ban that crap from the resort.

I hope you mean crap as in the yelling, bad behavior, etc....not cheerleading. Both of my little sisters worked their butts off in Pop Warner. Though at the time the Nationals were at the stadium where the Magic play not WWOS.

BrerFrog

Speaking of invasions, there was a whole lot of groups from Argentina and Brazil today at DHS. Unfortunately, for those who enjoy the atmosphere of the parks they were as excited as usual. :lol:

Dukeblue1227

Wow, I didn't see it that way before. Now his inconsequential misstatement totally justifies responding like a jackass.

This is totally off topic but...

Obviously you post a lot here, and your picture is your avatar, and I've noticed a lot of your posts about photography and such (recently I bought a new camera and while researching searched the forums and you popped up a lot)

Point is... Last Thursday night I walked RIGHT past you during the MVMCP in frontierland...

At first I was like "wait I know that kid..."

then realized I just recognized your face... and as you walked by me I saw you had a tripad on your back so I knew it was you hahaha

Didn't remember your username but found it in some photography + video thread... felt like saying :wave:

It absolutely freaked me out though to be like "wow... these people are real I see post here everyday... :lookaroun"

Also my girlfriend took a picture of you when you walked by us a second time........... :lookaroun

Annnnnnnnnnnnywho........ :eek:

dvitali

Can someone direct me to where I can find the rules and invite to this super bowl of pop Warner ? How many teams is invited to orlando ? Why is the semi final and final are not done at the local level, state levels, regional levels, before the two best teams meets in orlando ? Pop Warner seem to be dis organized and caused unnecessary expense to parents to send these teams to Disney each years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Got back last night from a weekend at WDW. As I expected Pop Warner did not have a tremendous effect of the parks. I saw some obvious groups of cheerleaders and football players but did not run into any issues with them.

kdshwl

Just returned from my 9 day trip. Parks weren't too bad. POR was extremely crowded once the PW groups checked in. Trying to get breakfast Sunday morning was horribly. I opted for cinnamon roll because it was the only spot that didn't have lines that were wrapped around like you were standing in line to ride something. Magic Kingdom was horribly crowded Saturday night (open to midnight)...part of that was PW; part was extras there for taping the Christmas parade; part of it was Saturday in Florida and locals with AP there. We ended up leaving after 45 minutes and went back Sunday morning for EMH and almost had the park to ourselves for awhile. POFQ is my favorite, and I will opt to stay there over POR from now on. Stay at POR because going with entire family and we stayed at POR because it is my dad's favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom